By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny’s Story Takes 9-10 Hours to Complete

CDiablo said:
Kind of expected, story is only a small part of the game. The real game is in all the PVP and PVE(multiplayer) modes so you can get better loot so you can continue to play those modes so you can get more loot.

So what exactly is your goal then?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

kind of short for an mmo, but considering the level cap is Lv26(i think), it means there is lots of room for expansions, and new classes down the road mayhaps?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mr Puggsly said:
foodfather said:
Nkh3 said:
Actually, from the beta that I played, the main story seems to offer nothing more than the sidequests.
You just have to kill some enemies while the AI companion tells you some information about the world.
(for those who know) the main missions are like the coop adventures of the Uncharted series.
So I think it is safe to say that it doesn't have an actual campaign.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Beta didn't have a single notable mission. Just a collection of 2 - 10 minute long missions. 

Agreed.

The missions are pretty lame. Everything was basically move here and kill a wave of enemies. The story is not very interesting either.

If anything, the gunplay is fun. Its a fun game in a mindless kind of way, like Left 4 Dead.

So this was basicly Titanfall 2.0. As I read in another coment 23 missions that all seeme the same. Side quest are all the same. So there is really no inovation to this game. Unless they make you pay up the ass in dlc later own to expande the story and add decent side missions and weapons and modes. I think then this is just hype by by next month will be $40 at most. Just like wchdogs and titanfall. But titanfall the worst cuz at least here they tried to add a story and promise to continue it later for those who dont only play pvp.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

deskpro2k3 said:

kind of short for an mmo, but considering the level cap is Lv26(i think), it means there is lots of room for expansions, and new classes down the road mayhaps?

Level 20 is soft cap, gear can "improve you" to level 30.

Its like iLevel in WoW. You get to level XY but then have a gear level that technically boosts you higher.

eva01beserk said:

So this was basicly Titanfall 2.0. As I read in another coment 23 missions that all seeme the same. Side quest are all the same. So there is really no inovation to this game. Unless they make you pay up the ass in dlc later own to expande the story and add decent side missions and weapons and modes. I think then this is just hype by by next month will be $40 at most. Just like wchdogs and titanfall. But titanfall the worst cuz at least here they tried to add a story and promise to continue it later for those who dont only play pvp.

Titanfall is NOT a game meant to be played for the story.

It's primary goal is gameplay and it excells on that front. I have put over 100 hours on it and never touched the campaign.

It has probably the best game mechanics and control out of any FPS available on the market right now.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
eva01beserk said:

Titanfall is NOT a game meant to be played for the story.

It's primary goal is gameplay and it excells on that front. I have put over 100 hours on it and never touched the campaign.

It has probably the best game mechanics and control out of any FPS available on the market right now.

Then why add a campaing? wWich wasent even a real campaing, it was the ame pvp but with this little screen poping up from time to time to tell you something unimportant. And it dosent help the fact that it was hype city then a week after release nobody ever talked about it, just heard complaints afterwards. You might enjoy it that much, but its still half a game. And before you say "are single player games half a game?" No, because the story alone on those games will give you over 30hrs on avarage and the story tends to be good enough to replay the game. COD, Battlefield and others at least try to give you a 3-5hr story even if its crap and you only play it once. And just to proove your full of shit, I know that if you dont play the campaing at least 2 times, you canoot use all of the mechs, wich is the main point of the game. So I doubt you enjoy using the one titan over and over for over 100hrs as you claim.

Unlike titanfall, I agree with you that this one, was meant to be an rpg and an mmo, 2 things that by definition canot be less then 30-40hrs. Even if they go wih the mmo style of expansions, the original game should last you long enough to wait for the next expansion.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

I'd argue the game mechanics of Titanfall atleast felt fresh.

Destiny is the feel of Halo in a RPG less ambitious than Borderlands. It doesn't feel innovative, it doesn't feel fresh, given all the hype you'd think they would deliver something fresh. Whatever, its still a good game.

I imagine Destiny will perform like Watch Dogs. Fantastic opening and maybe fall down the charts quickly.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
eva01beserk said:

I'd argue the game mechanics of Titanfall atleast felt fresh.

Destiny is the feel of Halo in a RPG less ambitious than Borderlands. It doesn't feel innovative, it doesn't feel fresh, given all the hype you'd think they would deliver something fresh. Whatever, its still a good game.

I imagine Destiny will perform like Watch Dogs. Fantastic opening and maybe fall down the charts quickly.

I wish that were true, but they released to close to the holiday and have this  bungy on sony and xbox hate and its a fps and halo thing going on. Even if this game gets 6/10 avarage then it will still sell well along the holiday, wich is bad I thiink cuz we are promoning a mediocore game to see high sales and start a trend like COD.

eva01beserk said:

Then why add a campaing? wWich wasent even a real campaing, it was the ame pvp but with this little screen poping up from time to time to tell you something unimportant. And it dosent help the fact that it was hype city then a week after release nobody ever talked about it, just heard complaints afterwards. You might enjoy it that much, but its still half a game. And before you say "are single player games half a game?" No, because the story alone on those games will give you over 30hrs on avarage and the story tends to be good enough to replay the game. COD, Battlefield and others at least try to give you a 3-5hr story even if its crap and you only play it once. And just to proove your full of shit, I know that if you dont play the campaing at least 2 times, you canoot use all of the mechs, wich is the main point of the game. So I doubt you enjoy using the one titan over and over for over 100hrs as you claim.

Unlike titanfall, I agree with you that this one, was meant to be an rpg and an mmo, 2 things that by definition canot be less then 30-40hrs. Even if they go wih the mmo style of expansions, the original game should last you long enough to wait for the next expansion.

You are full shit!!

I used 3 mechs in the game without the campaign and so did everybody. The Campaign was an attempt to make Titanfall a completely online game with a mix of NPC and real players. Pay attention to game descriptions.

Is Mario half a game? Because it's story laughable also no matter what spectrum of video game you try to insert it as. But it's gameplay is unmatched and keep selling millions upon millions when it releases.

BF and COD wish they had Titanfall game mechanics and additional features that makes it unique. Oh wait, COD: AW is implementing verticality to it's gameplay to add more fun and startegy to the game.

Just to prove that you're full of shit again, you can use virtually any perks on MP by accumulating Burn Cards.

My gamertag is tmakavely on XBL, check me out.

Goatseye said:
eva01beserk said:

You are full shit!!

I used 3 mechs in the game without the campaign and so did everybody. The Campaign was an attempt to make Titanfall a completely online game with a mix of NPC and real players. Pay attention to game descriptions.

Is Mario half a game? Because it's story laughable also no matter what spectrum of video game you try to insert it as. But it's gameplay is unmatched and keep selling millions upon millions when it releases.

BF and COD wish they had Titanfall game mechanics and additional features that makes it unique. Oh wait, COD: AW is implementing verticality to it's gameplay to add more fun and startegy to the game.

Just to prove that you're full of shit again, you can use virtually any perks on MP by accumulating Burn Cards.

My gamertag is tmakavely on XBL, check me out.

Not interested in any of those games since I dont play multyplayer mindless shooters, you can say its better but I dont care. The point I meant was that they added nothing new to the table, they just subtracted the singleplayer wich is a step down.

But just to shut you up he we have this link saying you cant use 2/3 titans untill you have done at least 2 campaings. http://www.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Levels_and_Unlocks   Maybe you did not notice cus its ll the same crap and has no diferent gameplay. Adding titan is not new to them or double jumping or wall runing. They just added it to a midless shooter and you praise them for it. Sure inovation. 

I was going to check out this game cuz it offered rpg and mmo elements, wich I asumed it meant good long story and no need to play pvp to enjoy, like in mmo's where i play trhoug them on my own.