By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny’s Story Takes 9-10 Hours to Complete

eva01beserk said:
Goatseye said:

You are full shit!!

I used 3 mechs in the game without the campaign and so did everybody. The Campaign was an attempt to make Titanfall a completely online game with a mix of NPC and real players. Pay attention to game descriptions.

Is Mario half a game? Because it's story laughable also no matter what spectrum of video game you try to insert it as. But it's gameplay is unmatched and keep selling millions upon millions when it releases.

BF and COD wish they had Titanfall game mechanics and additional features that makes it unique. Oh wait, COD: AW is implementing verticality to it's gameplay to add more fun and startegy to the game.

Just to prove that you're full of shit again, you can use virtually any perks on MP by accumulating Burn Cards.

My gamertag is tmakavely on XBL, check me out.

Not interested in any of those games since I dont play multyplayer mindless shooters, you can say its better but I dont care. The point I meant was that they added nothing new to the table, they just subtracted the singleplayer wich is a step down.

But just to shut you up he we have this link saying you cant use 2/3 titans untill you have done at least 2 campaings. http://www.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Levels_and_Unlocks   Maybe you did not notice cus its ll the same crap and has no diferent gameplay. Adding titan is not new to them or double jumping or wall runing. They just added it to a midless shooter and you praise them for it. Sure inovation. 

I was going to check out this game cuz it offered rpg and mmo elements, wich I asumed it meant good long story and no need to play pvp to enjoy, like in mmo's where i play trhoug them on my own.

You can use Burn Cards in the MP to get items.

At least play the game before evaluating it's qualities, because most of the things you're saying about Titanfall are innacurate.

What is a mindless shooter? In Titanfall run and gun will get you crushed everytime, unless you are super skilled.

Titanfall is a squad based FPS, where teams have to dominate so you as individual can win. This is not turn based JRPG that tells you to choose a button for an attack.

It's a fast paced, quick decision making and a platforming game.

Adding Titans plus double jumping and wall running is new to a single game in FPS genre. And that makes it unique and fresh.

Around the Network

this will not last long if thats all there is. i kinda felt like there had to be more to it. I dont feel as excited about it now, at least that will make waiting until friday not so bad.

DAT speedrun.

Gamespot needeed 16 hours.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-destiny-story-campaign-took-us-about-16-hours-/1100-6422221/

Mystro-Sama said:
This is bullshit! For the hype this has been getting I expected at least 20 hours. Yea, I don't think i'll be buying this full price...

What did you expect? This is 2014. You never get games of more than 20+ hours unless you take your time with them anymore. 60+ plus gameplay is a thing of the past. Heck, even 40 hours plus you never see anymore.

ethomaz said:

DAT speedrun.

Gamespot needeed 16 hours.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-destiny-story-campaign-took-us-about-16-hours-/1100-6422221/

the grinded more i guess...

Around the Network
ParryWinkle said:
so it takes the same amount of time to finish a halo game? not too bad but I was expecting it to be longer.
better than a lot of shooters though

Yea I actually think it's the perfect amount of time to be honest. I'm not like other people I don't want a game to last me hours upon hours. The thing is most games have a general formula that they follow and it pretty much repeats through out the game. Well after 10 hours of doing the same thing over and over I'm pretty much done at that point.

I remember Resident Evil 5 had a lot of complaints for being short and I remember thinking I thought that game was the perfect length. Not to long and not to short but that ending was horrible one of the worst of all time. Reminded me of the NES days when eneding were uninspired and boring for the few games I did beat in those days.

I am reading 5-6 hours for some people. Seems it doesn't take long at all for seasoned gamers to play through the game. I would imagine reviewers will take longer as it's their job to more fully explore the game and test out all aspects.

Are there any videos of these supposedly super long and intense raid type missions yet? Since these are supposedly the bulk of the end game content, or so I hear. Just wondering what is supposed to keep people coming back when they hit that level cap and reach the end of the story so quickly.

Goatseye said:
ParryWinkle said:
so it takes the same amount of time to finish a halo game? not too bad but I was expecting it to be longer.
better than a lot of shooters though

Destiny is advertised as RPG first. Not Halo.

destiny is a shooter with RPG elements in it. i made the halo comparison because they're both made by bungie.

Here's the ending (beware bad voice work): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnks1Xone24

Seems like a LOT of people are hoping the game will suck/fail, then following up with posts and reviews that prove their myopic points. Its a HUGE game...yes, you can "speedrun" your way through the main story quickly...but that kind of defeats the whole point of how the game is played, no?

For comparison, you can blow through Diablo III pretty quickly too...but do you "beat" the game running through on the lowest difficulty level? Does that stop (most) people from running through the whole thing again at higher difficulty?

People who are GAMERS get the game, and will have fun with it. HATERS that want it to fail will see all of the faults and make mole hills into mountains to knock a good game.

I paid $90 for the "Guardian Edition", and while I am just a few hours into the game, I feel that I am going to get more than my money's worth out of the game.

tl;dr Haters gonna hate.