By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny’s Story Takes 9-10 Hours to Complete

Goatseye said:
ParryWinkle said:
Goatseye said:
ParryWinkle said:
so it takes the same amount of time to finish a halo game? not too bad but I was expecting it to be longer.
better than a lot of shooters though

Destiny is advertised as RPG first. Not Halo.

destiny is a shooter with RPG elements in it. i made the halo comparison because they're both made by bungie.

So let's compare Wonderful 101 and Vanquish they're both made by Platinum G.

Bungie and Activision advertized Destiny as a more advanced Borderlands on the RPG aspect, with a social feature aspect that resembles a MMO.

That's a very different approach of Halo, which is linear and very story driven.

first off all I said was Destiny takes as long to finish as a Halo game. why? because they're both shooters, which are somewhat similiar to each other and made by the same company. you're comparing genres that are way different from each other and I don't see the point in that.

Halo and Destiny are both shooters. only difference is one has basic RPG elements and open world.

i didn't call it halo and I don't know where you got that from.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
jnemesh said:

you are just full of hate today, aint ya?  Go away.

Please. They are literally your words, attached to one side of the coin instead of the other. Glass house and all that.

Whatever bro...enjoy your hate, I will enjoy the game.

ParryWinkle said:

first off all I said was Destiny takes as long to finish as a Halo game. why? because they're both shooters, which are somewhat similiar to each other and made by the same company. you're comparing genres that are way different from each other and I don't see the point in that.

Halo and Destiny are both shooters. only difference is one has basic RPG elements and open world.

i didn't call it halo and I don't know where you got that from.

They target different audiences and they are supposed to be played differently.

There's no grinding and leveling up on Halo. Just because both have guns, it doesn't mean they're the same game or genre.

jnemesh said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
jnemesh said:

you are just full of hate today, aint ya?  Go away.

Please. They are literally your words, attached to one side of the coin instead of the other. Glass house and all that.

Whatever bro...enjoy your hate, I will enjoy the game.

What a strange thing to say when you're the one hating.

I hope you enjoy the game though.

generic-user-1 said:

the grinded more i guess...

Yeap... sure... IGN 18 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uyMqE5LcDg

Bullshit click bait article... 9-10 hours is full speedrun mode lol

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Goatseye said:
eva01beserk said:

Then why add a campaing? wWich wasent even a real campaing, it was the ame pvp but with this little screen poping up from time to time to tell you something unimportant. And it dosent help the fact that it was hype city then a week after release nobody ever talked about it, just heard complaints afterwards. You might enjoy it that much, but its still half a game. And before you say "are single player games half a game?" No, because the story alone on those games will give you over 30hrs on avarage and the story tends to be good enough to replay the game. COD, Battlefield and others at least try to give you a 3-5hr story even if its crap and you only play it once. And just to proove your full of shit, I know that if you dont play the campaing at least 2 times, you canoot use all of the mechs, wich is the main point of the game. So I doubt you enjoy using the one titan over and over for over 100hrs as you claim.

Unlike titanfall, I agree with you that this one, was meant to be an rpg and an mmo, 2 things that by definition canot be less then 30-40hrs. Even if they go wih the mmo style of expansions, the original game should last you long enough to wait for the next expansion.

You are full shit!!

I used 3 mechs in the game without the campaign and so did everybody. The Campaign was an attempt to make Titanfall a completely online game with a mix of NPC and real players. Pay attention to game descriptions.

Is Mario half a game? Because it's story laughable also no matter what spectrum of video game you try to insert it as. But it's gameplay is unmatched and keep selling millions upon millions when it releases.

BF and COD wish they had Titanfall game mechanics and additional features that makes it unique. Oh wait, COD: AW is implementing verticality to it's gameplay to add more fun and startegy to the game.

Just to prove that you're full of shit again, you can use virtually any perks on MP by accumulating Burn Cards.

My gamertag is tmakavely on XBL, check me out.

Not interested in any of those games since I dont play multyplayer mindless shooters, you can say its better but I dont care. The point I meant was that they added nothing new to the table, they just subtracted the singleplayer wich is a step down.

But just to shut you up he we have this link saying you cant use 2/3 titans untill you have done at least 2 campaings. http://www.ign.com/wikis/titanfall/Levels_and_Unlocks   Maybe you did not notice cus its ll the same crap and has no diferent gameplay. Adding titan is not new to them or double jumping or wall runing. They just added it to a midless shooter and you praise them for it. Sure inovation. 

I was going to check out this game cuz it offered rpg and mmo elements, wich I asumed it meant good long story and no need to play pvp to enjoy, like in mmo's where i play trhoug them on my own.

They changed that months ago. You unlock Titans at like level 20 and 30.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Don't even bother he/she admitted to never playing the game.

Also, I told him that you could get Ogre and Stryder with Burn Cards. He/She wouldn't know that.

But I'm the one full of shit.

I finished the main story a couple hours ago and if you really speed past some of the enemy groups with the sparrow that you don't "need" to fight can probably finish it in about 7-8. It did take me about 10 hours or so though. There is the crucible(pvp) and strike(co-op) and explore(free roam) modes though, so there's that.

Check out my site: http://www.agamingwebsite.blogspot.com/

Currently playing: Bayonetta, Destiny (barely), Fantasy Life

Probably Getting: Bravely Second, Devil's Third, Final Fantasy 15, Final Fantasy Explorers, Super Smash Bros U, Star Fox U, The Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U

I use this site and it is generally quite accurate. Of course as more people finish and submit their times it becomes more accurate. http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=14358

Now please stop fighting with each other over how long a game is and go play it or not. 

Goatseye said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Don't even bother he/she admitted to never playing the game.

Also, I told him that you could get Ogre and Stryder with Burn Cards. He/She wouldn't know that.

But I'm the one full of shit.

Yes HE(theres got to be like 10 chicks total in gaming sites, you could just asume everyone is a guy) admited to it. But thank you ludicousspeed for prooving Im not crazzy and that was the rule., even if they changed it later. Although thats kinf of sad. It was a sad attemp at a story and now even that ws removed. Now they only offer mindles repetetive shooting.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.