By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny’s Story Takes 9-10 Hours to Complete

Could take longer for the average game, or it could take even less time for most of us here. More I hear from this game the less appealing it is. My brother told me today he's going to buy it this week and our accounts are setup to share, so I can at least try the final game myself.

Around the Network

Actually, from the beta that I played, the main story seems to offer nothing more than the sidequests.
You just have to kill some enemies while the AI companion tells you some information about the world.
(for those who know) the main missions are like the coop adventures of the Uncharted series.
So I think it is safe to say that it doesn't have an actual campaign.

Nkh3 said:
Actually, from the beta that I played, the main story seems to offer nothing more than the sidequests.
You just have to kill some enemies while the AI companion tells you some information about the world.
(for those who know) the main missions are like the coop adventures of the Uncharted series.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Beta didn't have a single notable mission. Just a collection of 2 - 10 minute long missions. 

I thought it would of been longer based of playing the beta

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

foodfather said:
Nkh3 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Beta didn't have a single notable mission. Just a collection of 2 - 10 minute long missions. 

Agreed.

The missions are pretty lame. Everything was basically move here and kill a wave of enemies. The story is not very interesting either.

If anything, the gunplay is fun. Its a fun game in a mindless kind of way, like Left 4 Dead.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I've played about that much of it already....

There's heaps to do. You'll all be fine.

This doesn't surprise me at all, but he's probably skipped all the side stuff. I mean Mass Effect can be finished in that time if you don't do the side stuff; so this doesn't really tell us much.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm playing the game right now and there are strike missions you can do which are optional. With those added together you can probably easily double the time from the basic run. Plus the replay value is quite good, especially going back and doing the missions on hard difficulty once you've leveled up a bit.

This is of course not taking into account crucible pvp, which in itself is massive. Bungie are known for their excellent MP.

Beat it with the crappiest gear ever you mean. That's not the point of these kind of games in the first place. The point is to keep playing and get really nice weapons and armor, then PVP and run Strike Missions(dungeons) looking for even more gear. This game never ends.

5 hours in and not rushing. On the moon. I see the base story taking 20 hours or so unless you rush. Then again once you beat the story. That's when the game is supposed to really take shape. ( like every MMO type game)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut