By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What About A Nintendo + Microsoft Alliance

QUAKECore89 said:
iceland said:
Does that mean Nintendo games with multiplayer on XBL and achievements?

I'm all for this then!

DOOM CONSOLES ASSEMBLE!!

"DOOM CONSOLES ASSEMBLE!!"

I'm PSYCHED!!!

ME TOO! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
highwayuni said:
Since a lot of people seem to be against a Microsoft/Nintendo partnership, how would you feel about an Apple/Nintendo partnership? They both have that clean, out of the box and innovative image and Japanese consumers love Apple.

Partnering with Apple will yield no hardware, it would essentially be the same as being a third party that exclusively makes games for Apple. Long story short, it would be a bad idea.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Normchacho said:
Seece said:

What can Xbox benefit from Nintendo's handheld business? Because MS console business is far more lucrative than Nintendo's right now! (More systems sold, more revenue streams)

More systems sold? You sure about that? On top of that hasn't the MS console business been mared by a lack of profits for like a decade now?

Xbox has things Nintendo could use for sure (infastructure, payed online et. ect.) but they don't need Xbox to add those things. But outside of the U.S. and the U.K. the Xbox brand is a death sentence.

Like I said all Nintendo needs to be sucessful is to keep enough desierable games coming out to keep the WiiU steady and make sure that they make less mistakes the next time out. For Xbox to be successful they need to keep at this tug of war with Sony over sales, and I'm sorry but unless Sony trips over it's own feet I just don't think that's a fight they can win.

Yes, XB1 + 360 has shipped more than WiiU has the last 12 months. Heck even the XB1 has outshipped/sold WiiU every Q since it came out.

MS Games division which encompasses a lot of things has been profitable for like 7 years + now. It's best selling year was 1.3b profit.

Nintendo brand is hardly alive and well in Europe either, Xb1 will outsell WiiU in Europe when all is said and done.

Unless MS made the right moves on their part, I don't think even a MS-Ninty combo would come out on top. Japan has become to weak for console sales.

Goats : Several people told you the same thing and any people here with a bit of éducation knows how to express an opinion on these topics, so you should understand the problème comes from you, this childish attitude wont help you

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

so in short words ,u saying NIN+MS need to unite to take sony ps5 1st place .in the future,, i dont think how that can happen ,, and mentioned a MC and mario

Around the Network

I can't think of two more diametrically opposed idea/philosophies. This merger would leave a bad taste in both fans' mouths. Sony and Nintendo makes far more sense...but that would be terrible as well.

I think that all of this clamoring for Nintendo to go 3rd party or to merge really shows how scared people are of Nintendo's IP's. They know this company is the best in the business at crafting great, enjoyable games that can be played for generations to come.

They like to laugh at Nintendo's missteps at creating hardware, and always forget that Nintendo's missteps are always the future for the other manufacturers. Keep them in the hardware spot, doing what they do, and you won't regret it. They will continue to innovate and create paradigms that the other two will undoubtedly exploit.

Are you actually serious?

That would never ever work!!! Also, I highly doubt they will go 3rd party next gen , since they already started development on future consoles........

Or, hear me out on this one, Nintendo makes a console with good enough hardware to support 3rd party and a good enough network, so we have 3 console?!

Never.

If anything, i prefer to see sony + nintendo for japanese games, the rest is not needed.

Nintendo and Microsoft have very different business philosophies on what they want the video game market to look like so I don't see any major partnership like this being possible. They would never agree on enough.