By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What About A Nintendo + Microsoft Alliance

If Nintendo quits the hardware business I think they will probably go third party. Maybe a company like Disney would buy them. That way Disney would get a whole portfolio of new franchises, while Nintendo could develop some great Disney based games (besides their own franchises of course). Disney already owns stuff like Star Wars and Marvel, so I can imagine them owning Nintendo.

Around the Network

The only thing other companies want from Nintendo is the money making franchises. That's it. Everything else is exactly why Nintendo is the position they're now and no company needs that.

They only way NIntendo can "join forces" with another company is for them to basically become third party.

I'm not sure how a partnership like this could even work. You expect a company so deeply entrenched in Eastern philosophies to be able to work with one of the largest Western companies in the world? Iwata can't even get Western companies to games for the WiiU. This whole thing sounds more like a fanboy wet dream to me.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Not even Don Mattrick would accept such conditions.

ExplodingBlock said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Nintendo prefers to work with Japanese companies. If anything they would team up with Sony.

Philips is a dutch company and they partnered with them

We all know the result  and Philips also sued Nintendo  so ......

TBH Nintendo should buy Sega which includes atlus etc and then make a Nintendo+Sega all in 1 console with ShenMue Zelda Sonic Mario all those Jrpgs etc. 

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
ExplodingBlock said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Nintendo prefers to work with Japanese companies. If anything they would team up with Sony.

Philips is a dutch company and they partnered with them

TBH Nintendo should buy Sega which includes atlus etc and then make a Nintendo+Sega all in 1 console with ShenMue Zelda Sonic Mario all those Jrpgs etc. 

I am not saying anything good came out of Nintendo+Philips but just saying they don't ONLY partner with Japanese companies 

JazzB1987 said:

Nah I would hope that Nintendo doesn't buy them. I actually like to play specific JRPG's on PlayStation. Besides, I like Nintendo as a sinle entity rather than merging with someone. Or are you just talking about an actual straight buy out?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Aerys said:

Goats : Several people told you the same thing and any people here with a bit of éducation knows how to express an opinion on these topics, so you should understand the problème comes from you, this childish attitude wont help you

No one here has problem with the way I express myself but you.

You don't see me "correcting" people that says that Sony is the best of the East.

I mean, it's their opinion and who am I to go ahead with a stick in my butt and "fix" their comment, because they didn't legend their comment with "imo".

And please don't lecture me on education when you can't even accept or recognize others' opinion.

amak11 said:
Since you did post this in my thread i don't think a partnership like this would work. Japanese and American business philosophies are completely different. It would be like if Honda teamed up with ford to release a car.

American and Japanese car companies have worked together. Toyota and GM constantly release cars jointly, as well as other companies.

The chevy cavalier was released into Japan as the Toyota cavalier,also I cant remember which SAAB it was but it is the same car as the Subaru WRX (Gm owns SAAB)

Matrix = Pontiac Vibe

Corolla = Geo Prizm

Suzuki Sidekick = Geo Tracker

Chrysler and Mitsubishi also worked together, alot of Dodge cars were actually Mitsubishi's

Eagle Talon = Mitsubishi Eclipse

Dodge Stealth = 3000GT

and so on,

And Ford did work with Mazda to put cars out

Ford Probe, and in the 90's Yamaha made the motors for the 90's SVT Ford Tarus (those cars were fast)

Ford also owns quite a bit of stock in Mazda. and when they owned Volvo passenger cars, they used alot of Volvo designs into Ford cars.

Partnerships can, and do work. The biggest obstacle is the compromise between the partnership.

plip.plop said:
amak11 said:
Since you did post this in my thread i don't think a partnership like this would work. Japanese and American business philosophies are completely different. It would be like if Honda teamed up with ford to release a car.

American and Japanese car companies have worked together. Toyota and GM constantly release cars jointly, as well as other companies.

The chevy cavalier was released into Japan as the Toyota cavalier,also I cant remember which SAAB it was but it is the same car as the Subaru WRX (Gm owns SAAB)

Matrix = Pontiac Vibe

Corolla = Geo Prizm

Suzuki Sidekick = Geo Tracker

Chrysler and Mitsubishi also worked together, alot of Dodge cars were actually Mitsubishi's

Eagle Talon = Mitsubishi Eclipse

Dodge Stealth = 3000GT

and so on,

And Ford did work with Mazda to put cars out

Ford Probe, and in the 90's Yamaha made the motors for the 90's SVT Ford Tarus (those cars were fast)

Ford also owns quite a bit of stock in Mazda. and when they owned Volvo passenger cars, they used alot of Volvo designs into Ford cars.

Partnerships can, and do work. The biggest obstacle is the compromise between the partnership.

But lets say this, would they use a Honda engine or a ford engine? What if they couldn't agree on what they wanted? The partnership would just end.