By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What About A Nintendo + Microsoft Alliance

amak11 said:
plip.plop said:
amak11 said:
Since you did post this in my thread i don't think a partnership like this would work. Japanese and American business philosophies are completely different. It would be like if Honda teamed up with ford to release a car.

American and Japanese car companies have worked together. Toyota and GM constantly release cars jointly, as well as other companies.

The chevy cavalier was released into Japan as the Toyota cavalier,also I cant remember which SAAB it was but it is the same car as the Subaru WRX (Gm owns SAAB)

Matrix = Pontiac Vibe

Corolla = Geo Prizm

Suzuki Sidekick = Geo Tracker

Chrysler and Mitsubishi also worked together, alot of Dodge cars were actually Mitsubishi's

Eagle Talon = Mitsubishi Eclipse

Dodge Stealth = 3000GT

and so on,

And Ford did work with Mazda to put cars out

Ford Probe, and in the 90's Yamaha made the motors for the 90's SVT Ford Tarus (those cars were fast)

Ford also owns quite a bit of stock in Mazda. and when they owned Volvo passenger cars, they used alot of Volvo designs into Ford cars.

Partnerships can, and do work. The biggest obstacle is the compromise between the partnership.

But lets say this, would they use a Honda engine or a ford engine? What if they couldn't agree on what they wanted? The partnership would just end. 

Most of those cars are just rebadged, and reskined.

The Ford Probe was a Mazda MX-6

All the GM cars had japenese internals. The bean counters have the final say on what is used, compromise is always key. It takes alot for these companies to come to the table. They work toward a finacially viable option for all involved.

Around the Network

Also if Nintendo, and Microsoft did work together. I would like Nintendo to create software for the Kinect. Honestly, I think that is the only company that could make that thing commercially viable, and make some amazing games for it.
I would buy anything Nintendo made for the Kinect day one purchase everytime

I could write a long drawn out reason, but it's absolutely not worth my time to do so.

So in short: No.

Well if it finally makes the Halo/Metroid crossover where Master Chief is obliterated by Samus Aran, I'm in.

Goatseye said:
Aerys said:

Goats : Several people told you the same thing and any people here with a bit of éducation knows how to express an opinion on these topics, so you should understand the problème comes from you, this childish attitude wont help you

No one here has problem with the way I express myself but you.

You don't see me "correcting" people that says that Sony is the best of the East.

I mean, it's their opinion and who am I to go ahead with a stick in my butt and "fix" their comment, because they didn't legend their comment with "imo".

And please don't lecture me on education when you can't even accept or recognize others' opinion.

So you are not able to red correctly to see i'm not the first one even in this thread to tell you the same thing ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Seece said:
Normchacho said:
Seece said:
Normchacho said:
I fail to see the benefit for Nintendo here...why not just wait for MS to sputter out and stop making consoles? If things don't turn around for the One that's a real possibility.

Nintendo is a strong brand that has just lost focus. All they need to do is make sure they get the next console right (and keep the wiiU steady) and they'll be fine.

Xbox is a weak brand who's only major success game from big mistakes by Sony and focusing on just the US.

MS needs Nintendo way more than Nintendo need them and I think Nintendo knows it.

That's wrong tho. MS doesn't need videogames full stop, so if they were to pitter out they could just fesibly completely abandon the market or go third party happily. Not that I think Nintendo needs MS either, an alliance would certainly benefit Nintendo more however.

In fact I'm not really sure what it would offer MS?

Actually let me rephrase, Xbox needs Nintendo way more than Nintendo needs Xbox.

What can Xbox benefit from Nintendo's handheld business? Because MS console business is far more lucrative than Nintendo's right now! (More systems sold, more revenue streams)

How is Microsoft's console business more lucritive? Xbox 360 sales have been going down and Xbox One has been outsold by Wii U throughout the world. In fact, the Xbox division as a whole has not been that lucritive for Microsoft at all. There's a reason why some investors want Microsoft to get rid of it.

Anyway, It would never work. The two companies have completely different corporate cultures and identities. Nintendo working with Microsoft would be like Apple working with Microsoft. Actually, it would be more like Rare working with Microsoft......oh wait.

Yeah, that's exactly what a Nintendo-Microsoft relationship would be like. Microsoft's takeover of Rare but on a much bigger and more disastrous scale. In fact, Microsoft should build up Microsoft Studios without buying anybody else since some of Microsoft's past buyouts haven't worked in their favor.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Aerys said:

So you are not able to red correctly to see i'm not the first one even in this thread to tell you the same thing ?

I cannot red correctly comments that don't bash mine.

I see you still have problems with my point of view. That's educated enough of you to lecture me on this very topic.

Something like this looks great on paper, but the companies clash too much in the ways they go about business.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

I would love for that to happen but I think Sony and Nintendo are a better match for each other.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
I would love for that to happen but I think Sony and Nintendo are a better match for each other.

I guess it all depends on which consoles you prefer better. If you like PS exclusives better yeah Sony/Nintendo but if MS exclusives are your favs, deinitely MS/Nints will be your thing.

I love platformers so I plan on getting WiiU sometime down the road. Also, I love FPS, TPS, Racing and Arcade games so I'm definitely covered with an Xbox console.