By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What About A Nintendo + Microsoft Alliance

Twilord said:
Windows OS would need to agree to significant modifications by Nintendo, but it could work. Nindows anyone?

But you'd still most likely have Nintendo's problems with third parties, unless Microsoft continued buying support, which would undermine the whole project. I mean even this XNES would still have the major issue of first-party titles cannibalizing sales, and Nintendo quality control on Halo, GoW, and (possibly the only series that'd need it) Fable?

Don't get me wrong, it could dominate. Xbox Live for free with added Mii-Verse? Hell yeah! - But if it went wrong... it could be a disaster. What if Nintendo's fans are too sour towards MS business practices and MS's fans still can't get over the 'kiddy' image of Nintendo? What if MS costs Nintendo Japan and Nintendo costs MS the bro-dudes? What good is more money being available to them when Nintendo's real issue is man-power and MS doesn't add that many studios? If Nintendo wanted to they'd already be buying studios and I don't think money can help them grow trustworthy new studios that much faster. What good could a new IP source do Microsoft when they could just as easily buy Square/Capcom.

Xbox has 19 first party studios. Most of them formed from 2011/12 to now.

A lot of Xbox fans also own a Nintendo console.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Twilord said:
Windows OS would need to agree to significant modifications by Nintendo, but it could work. Nindows anyone?

But you'd still most likely have Nintendo's problems with third parties, unless Microsoft continued buying support, which would undermine the whole project. I mean even this XNES would still have the major issue of first-party titles cannibalizing sales, and Nintendo quality control on Halo, GoW, and (possibly the only series that'd need it) Fable?

Don't get me wrong, it could dominate. Xbox Live for free with added Mii-Verse? Hell yeah! - But if it went wrong... it could be a disaster. What if Nintendo's fans are too sour towards MS business practices and MS's fans still can't get over the 'kiddy' image of Nintendo? What if MS costs Nintendo Japan and Nintendo costs MS the bro-dudes? What good is more money being available to them when Nintendo's real issue is man-power and MS doesn't add that many studios? If Nintendo wanted to they'd already be buying studios and I don't think money can help them grow trustworthy new studios that much faster. What good could a new IP source do Microsoft when they could just as easily buy Square/Capcom.

Xbox has 19 first party studios. Most of them formed from 2011/12 to now.

A lot of Xbox fans also own a Nintendo console.

Firstly - great to hear about the new studios. Totally news to me so thanks for the correction. The fact they are new is even better.

Secondly, that is probably true (undeniably so if you count 3DS) but somehow I still feel like it could be a PR problem. Though I may need a bit to adjust my thinking after that bombshell earlier in your post.

image is a link btw

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank