By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What About A Nintendo + Microsoft Alliance

Worst option for Nintendo, the American company culture would destroy it. Nintendo would be better off buying Sony.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
kupomogli said:
Goatseye said:
The best of the East teaming with the best of the West.

We're talking about Nintendo and Microsoft, not Sony and Microsoft.  Get back on topic.

I thought the best of the West was Valve.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-20-game-developers-would-most-like-to-work-for-valve-survey-finds

I wasn't even thinking of Valve because they didn't own their own console.  They're pretty much PC which no one owns.  But everyone develops for Valve and you can't buy a PC game now, unless it's indie, that doesn't require Valve to play, so you're right.

Aerys said:

Goatseye said:
I guess others' opinion are more valuable than mine.

Nintendo is the best with Platformers, Family games, JRPGs, Kart Racing, etc... they're from the East.
Xbox is the best with Racing, FPS, TPS and would be in charge of Arcade games if the joint venture ever take off.

The problem is that, you don't agree with my opinion and it bothers you to the point of replying and correcting "my opinion".

Fixed.

t3mporary_126 said:
prinz_valium said:

nintendo first Party games exclusive on xbox one would be megatron

imho they should do that.

still running the handheld Business by theire own
but dont build another home console.

what do they get in return?
Server infrastructure, help for development and all profits as Publisher and no game royalties

what will they loose? Profits form home console Hardware sales. but they dont even have that right now.

Nintendo could also act as a huge second party just like the Pokemon Company and GameFreak is to Nintendo. This way Nintendo can make whatever games they were going to make if they still had a game system and Microsoft would always let Nintendo know what kind of development kit the Xbox has and how to use it.

In fact, Nintendo can still make their weaker console that is the $250 price as long as it uses the agreed Xbox/Nintendo controller and the games are easy to port for the Xbox machine. This way, consumers with limited money can buy the cheaper Nintendo box if they can't buy the $400+ Xbox console.

In the perfect world, though: Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony will do well and would not have to merge/buy each other.

Or even better yet, just do this. Just make the next console a more traditional console that's just a bit weaker and less expensive. That way they can still keep the price down which will drive sales but still allow them to have 3rd party games. 

Don't bother merging with anybody, just stay out of the specs race and don't try and reinvent the wheel with every console. Problem solved.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

iceland said:
Does that mean Nintendo games with multiplayer on XBL and achievements?

I'm all for this then!

DOOM CONSOLES ASSEMBLE!!

"DOOM CONSOLES ASSEMBLE!!"

I'm PSYCHED!!!

Around the Network

It would benefit MS only and not Nintendo. With the right marketing and platform Nintendo can sell hw in the West. MS can't in the east. Nintendo already has money and there's nothing MS can off N to make it any different.

Goatseye said:
Aerys said:

Goatseye said:
I guess others' opinion are more valuable than mine.

Nintendo is the best with Platformers, Family games, JRPGs, Kart Racing, etc... they're from the East.
Xbox is the best with Racing, FPS, TPS and would be in charge of Arcade games if the joint venture ever take off.

The problem is that, you don't agree with my opinion and it bothers you to the point of replying and correcting "my opinion".

Fixed.

There wouldnt be a problem if you knew how to express an opinion as an opinion and not as a fact.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

There wouldnt be a problem if you knew how to express an opinion as an opinion and not as a fact.

There wouldn't be a problem also if you learned to recognize one's opinion without a caption.

Mainly when it compliments systems that you seem to hate.

Soundwave said:
bubblegamer said:
Goatseye said:
The best of the East teaming with the best of the West.
I'm Xbox first but Nintendo console is the best complementary system for Xbox.
If you have Mario and Master Chief, you have it all.

Then why are most customers ignoring both and going for the PS4? Some people have a problem distinguishing their own opinions/tastes from that of the rest!

Mario, Halo, Mario Kart, Zelda, Pokemon, Gears of War, Smash Bros., Forza, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong Country, Sunset Overdrive, Banjo-Kazooie, Amiibo, Fable, Killer Instinct, Metroid exclusive

Vs.

Uncharted, Last of Us, God Of War, Gran Turismo, Bloodborne exclusive

Third Party Support: Equal or perhaps even edge Nintendo/MS with continuing relationships for things like Monster Hunter exclusivisty and Call of Duty DLC. 

Marketing Dollars: Equal or advantage Nintendo/MS, they simply combined have far more money than Sony does. 

Lets see how Sony does now. Quite frankly I like Nintendo/MS' chances. 

Though no doubt Sony teams up with Google, thus Sonys chances would be pretty good.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Since a lot of people seem to be against a Microsoft/Nintendo partnership, how would you feel about an Apple/Nintendo partnership? They both have that clean, out of the box and innovative image and Japanese consumers love Apple.