By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What About A Nintendo + Microsoft Alliance

You lost me at 65/35 split, never would MS agree to that. Only way it would happen is if MS takes control by buying them out.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Goatseye said:
The best of the East teaming with the best of the West.

We're talking about Nintendo and Microsoft, not Sony and Microsoft.  Get back on topic.

I thought the best of the West was Valve.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-20-game-developers-would-most-like-to-work-for-valve-survey-finds

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I've mentioned this Ninty/MS partnership idea on vgc so I def. agree.  If Sony dominates the entire gen, I think  its a real possibility when you consider the reports of execs at MS wanting out of the HW biz.  The question becomes, their level of partnership & how willing  Ninty is to taking on a windows platform, in exchange for the now freed up (large) piece of 3rd party market.

But if everything remains as is, I agree with Pachter that there isn't room for a trad. Ninty home console.  What Ninty could do is marry mobile + home with the "Fusion" idea.  To compensate, the handheld would more powerful than usual Ninty releases, so I can envision a $250 launch with minor loss on hw.  The profits will come from a Ninty subscription service with access to its vast library & Home dock (optional). The dock or "terminal" would merely consist of a power cord, tech. that connects multiple fusions/controllers, hdmi out, cheap cpu/gpu enhancer, and possibly 500 gb  storage for $99.  The combo of the handheld + home dock would be at or slightly above current Wii U level performance.

And who gets the profits?

...exactly.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I fail to see the benefit for Nintendo here...why not just wait for MS to sputter out and stop making consoles? If things don't turn around for the One that's a real possibility.

Nintendo is a strong brand that has just lost focus. All they need to do is make sure they get the next console right (and keep the wiiU steady) and they'll be fine.

Xbox is a weak brand who's only major success game from big mistakes by Sony and focusing on just the US.

MS needs Nintendo way more than Nintendo need them and I think Nintendo knows it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:
I'm Xbox first but Nintendo console is the best complementary system for Xbox.
If you have Mario and Master Chief, you have it all.

Yep, a Sony/Valve team up would sure be something

Fixed that for you. Actually, thinking about it now that would be awesome!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
I fail to see the benefit for Nintendo here...why not just wait for MS to sputter out and stop making consoles? If things don't turn around for the One that's a real possibility.

Nintendo is a strong brand that has just lost focus. All they need to do is make sure they get the next console right (and keep the wiiU steady) and they'll be fine.

Xbox is a weak brand who's only major success game from big mistakes by Sony and focusing on just the US.

MS needs Nintendo way more than Nintendo need them and I think Nintendo knows it.

That's wrong tho. MS doesn't need videogames full stop, so if they were to pitter out they could just fesibly completely abandon the market or go third party happily. Not that I think Nintendo needs MS either, an alliance would certainly benefit Nintendo more however.

In fact I'm not really sure what it would offer MS?

Ka-pi96 said:
Normchacho said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:
I'm Xbox first but Nintendo console is the best complementary system for Xbox.
If you have Mario and Master Chief, you have it all.

Yep, a Sony/Valve team up would sure be something

Fixed that for you. Actually, thinking about it now that would be awesome!

...that would be pretty awesome actually

Yeah the first thing that popped into my head is being able to play your steam games on a Playstation and vice versa.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Seece said:
Normchacho said:

That's wrong tho. MS doesn't need videogames full stop, so if they were to pitter out they could just fesibly completely abandon the market or go third party happily. Not that I think Nintendo needs MS either, an alliance would certainly benefit Nintendo more however.

Actually let me rephrase, Xbox needs Nintendo way more than Nintendo needs Xbox.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
Seece said:
Normchacho said:

Actually let me rephrase, Xbox needs Nintendo way more than Nintendo needs Xbox.

What can Xbox benefit from Nintendo's handheld business? Because MS console business is far more lucrative than Nintendo's right now! (More systems sold, more revenue streams)