By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People Are Complaining About The Anime Schoolgirl Sony Used To Demo Its VR Headset

padib said:

I am earnestly surprised that's invisible to you.

It's childish jabs like this that rubs everyone on the forums the wrong way.
You've been doing it a lot as of late, and it's painfully transparent to everyone.

Around the Network
padib said:

I am fine with people not agreeing with my opinion. I disagreed with the siding in this thread, especially given how rude tachi had been, and some other people too, saying I got "schooled" and childish things like that.

I'm surprised that you don't know why people think you got schooled. The reason is hardly childish.

padib said:
Aura7541 said:

I have already told you what to focus on and you didn't try again. And you still haven't answered Tamron's questions directly. Instead, you beat around the bush.

And your @position question was already answered long ago, but because you were so focused on bashing others just because they disagreed with you rather than actually discussing, that you forgot to pay attention.

I'll make this really easy on you. Quote his post and bold what I need to answer specifically. Because I don't know what you want from me.

Tamron actually asked you again. Like I said, pay attention.... -_-

padib said:
Aura7541 said:
padib said:

I am fine with people not agreeing with my opinion. I disagreed with the siding in this thread, especially given how rude tachi had been, and some other people too, saying I got "schooled" and childish things like that.

I'm surprised that you don't know why people think you got schooled. The reason is hardly childish.

Their reason may not be childish, but using the term "schooled" is childish. I don't care which way you slice it.

Anyway it's clear at this point if you can't follow a simple request to bold his post that you are not willing to help me.

Just leave me alone.

The childish term is fitting for your attitude that is of the same quality.

Tamron asked you his questions again, but you just did not pay attention. While you were busy making counterjabs to me and Tamron, you failed to directly answer his questions... TWICE!!

Alright, this has gone on far enough.

padib said:

I have nothing to hide, what particularly in his post did I miss and did you want me to address?

Or did you just want to bash me more?

You're problem here is that you are being accusatory. Ignoring others opinions in favor of your own, restraining yourself from borderline flaming not to remain civil but to continue the discussion further unconciously.

Before you argue any further, see if you truly understand what the others are trying to say. If you can provide your interpretations of their opinions and they agree with you then you do, if not then you should reconsider further.

Aura7541 said:

Then answer his questions for goodness sakes. Your rudeness is not getting you anywhere nor was it getting you anywhere for the past few days in various other threads, too. The fact that you, specifically, have a huge problem communicating with others sticks out like a sore thumb. You are reluctant to engage in constructive discussion and instead point the finger at other people when they have actually been constructive. I have never seen any other VGC user who has this huge of a problem with other users, so you really need to fix yourself.

Stop right there. Recognize that you are essentially vindicating Padib's beliefs, esseintially adding fuel to the fire. You do not need to pursue him our his attitude personally. If he refuses to understand, then you're just wasting your time, because he not only won't change but he is also proving to be intolerant and rude, despite claiming to be civil.

Tamron said:

You approached it entirely wrong, voicing an opinion is fine as long as you understand not everyone will agree with it - your error comes in the form of taking the stance of being completely defiant of arguments against your opinion to the point of belittling the views of those that brought said points to you, when Tachi made it very clear she would no longer discuss the topic with you, you couldn't even help yourselfbut take a stab at her and belittle the entire discussion by brushing off everything she said as "her misunderstanding", as such you are not having a polite and open discussion, you are enforcing your opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Me not being the first person to point this out to you should be causing alarm bells.

I know it can be frustrating but the issue is one of mindset not substance. This is not the way to address a problem such as this. If Padib wants to change, he will, if not simply ignore him until he does. You can't use reason on someone who is being unreasonable.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
padib said:
Aura7541 said:

You did well, Tachi... You did well...

She did great. She showed how simple it is to misunderstand another user and make others feel proud about it.

You always revert to this "misundertood" card. There comes a time where one should realise that if he's always misunderstood (as you claim to be everytime someone points out something off about what you say), the problem must come from the way you present yourself and what you say.  But instead, you put the blame on everyone else, saying they don't understand you. Playing the victim, like Tachi pointed out. 

How is this thread still going....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
How is this thread still going....

That is a good question. It's gonna take a little while to straighten out exactly what happened and who was at fault here in the thread...but from what I've seen thus far; probably best it doesn't continue.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

awe hope no one gets in trouble for this thread, they may have had a good heated argument, but it had loads of info and can be very informative for those who want to absorb the right information.

My initial reaction to summerlessons: HAHA wow, perfect example of how different japanese culture is, could you imagine trying to show that in the US? .. oh man..

I knew it was part of the culture before hand, although honestly didnt understand it. I still dont really, But this thread has helped give insight to that. One can know of a culture, and know aspects of it, But that does not mean one understands it.

You have to step back and ask important questions, and if you cant answer them, you are more than likely speaking from ignorance .. WHY is this part of japanese culture? Where does it come from within its history? How do those within japan feel about it, and why do they feel that way?

Luckily some have provided answers to those :)

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Well, this thread was surely a great read!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---