By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People Are Complaining About The Anime Schoolgirl Sony Used To Demo Its VR Headset

Tachikoma said:
padib said:

You are not helping me!

You said I didn't understand the japanese culture, yet again another judgement on my position based on thin air. I asked for some kind of basis to your judgement of my PoV and got nothing.

If you want to help me, stop saying things about me which are untrue.

I shall ask a second time, by all means share with us this knowledge of Japan you claim to have.

Hit the showers Miki, it's not worth being banned over, he's never going to see it any other way than how he wants to see it.

Around the Network
padib said:
Aura7541 said:

You know, I'm trying to help you, but apparently, you don't want it. You really need to drop that attitude. You are the only one who is acting like this, so why is there any reason for me to link to a post? The fact that you had to ask me says it all. You only validate other people's reservations about you and consequently, defeat yourself. Everyone else's replies you echo the same sentiment.

Seriously, knock it off.

You are not helping me!

You said I didn't understand the japanese culture, yet again another judgement on my position based on thin air. I asked for some kind of basis to your judgement of my PoV and got nothing.

Calling Summer Lesson "dangerous" is a large enough sign that I don't need to go any deeper...

Don't tell me to stop saying things about you. Tell yourself to stop saying you have knowledge about Japan. I may not have lived in Japan, but I have several Japanese friends who are into the video game culture.

padib said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

It is mutual. That is why. If people are attacking you, then its probably because you offended them in some way.

Disagreeing opinions are fine, but when you do not recognize that it is your opinion or make an opinionated claim that causes offence then it will most like draw ire.

However, you should strive to learn from others even if you do not wish to change your own opinion.

I am always willing to learn, I don't pretend to be always right. I said I don't get schooled because I don't. I learn, when I want to, at my pace, I am capable of learning from others. I just don't get "schooled", I don't feel schooled, it doesn't happen to me.

I have been labelled with pretty much everything in this thread. As an exercise, start from the beginning ans see where the tomatoes started getting thrown. I'm sure you'll understand why this thread happened, and how much effort I've put into remaining civilized and not responding in kind.

I am then no less accused of playing the victim. So I lose either way, whether retaliating or enduring.

Well, that is partly because this topic is so offtopic right now that its currently orbiting Betelgeuse. 

This thread was originally about Complaints about Summer Lesson by the Western Media, complaining about a Demo made for a show intended for a Foreign Audience. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Tamron said:
Tachikoma said:
padib said:

You are not helping me!

I shall ask a second time, by all means share with us this knowledge of Japan you claim to have.

Hit the showers Miki, it's not worth being banned over, he's never going to see it any other way than how he wants to see it.

You know, I can't help but think you two are twins.

padib said:

An important note. I didn't jump in this thread saying that the game was disgusting.

padib said:

I will take position, I disagree with the ability to creep out a schoolgirl in her bedroom in a videogame. I think it's socially dangerous.

And with that, i'm done discussing the topic with you entirely in this thread, you get no more responses from me, as per Tamron's suggestion.

If anyone else however, has questions regarding Japanese culture or how the game is perceived here, in the only part of the world it will actually be released, then feel free to ask, and you'll get a concise and accurate response.

Around the Network

I want this so much :) really hope Sony will realize a bunch of uptight people complaining is no reason not to bring such experiences to the West. Put it under the adults only rating or whatever, but bring it here ASAP.

Make the game about learning Japanese too and I'll keep throwing money at the screen

padib said:
Aura7541 said:

Calling Summer Lesson "dangerous" is a large enough sign that I don't need to go any deeper...

Don't tell me to stop saying things about you. Tell yourself to stop saying you have knowledge about Japan. I may not have lived in Japan, but I have several Japanese friends who are into the video game culture.

You're clearly not trying to help me.

How is does my opinion on the game have any bearing in my understanding of Japan?

Do I need to repeat myself. The knowledge I have of Japan's culture doesn't forbit me the right to have my own opinion on it. You may disagree with my opinion, but it doesn't make me ignorant of japanese culture.

I may not like sushi, it doesn't mean I don't know what it is.

Because it does. Your (lack) of knowledge of Japan's culture doesn't forbid you from having your opinions about it. However! It forbids you from having a reasonable opinion about it. Meanwhile, everyone else has disagreed with you (me included) have shown your opinions with evidence based on our experiences in Japan and/or with Japanese gamers. Our sources of evidence are primary while yours are merely secondary. The fact you are very adamant about your opinion makes you ignorant.

And the sushi analogy is another one of your strawmans...

Tachikoma said:
padib said:

An important note. I didn't jump in this thread saying that the game was disgusting.

padib said:

I will take position, I disagree with the ability to creep out a schoolgirl in her bedroom in a videogame. I think it's socially dangerous.

And with that, i'm done discussing the topic with you entirely in this thread, you get no more responses from me, as per Tamron's suggestion.

If anyone else however, has questions regarding Japanese culture or how the game is perceived here, in the only part of the world it will actually be released, then feel free to ask, and you'll get a concise and accurate response.

You did well, Tachi... You did well...

Really?  That's nothing.  At least it wasn't like that vid I dedicated to jizzbeard in the nsfw forum a while ago:

padib said:

If we are talking about this subject, I know that this kind of content is part of their culture, in their movies, in their video games. Do you think that my disapproval of it means I don't understand it?

Let me ask you something.

As the game is intended for Japanese audience, and will only see a Japanese release, and is widely accepted as normal-fare as far as Japanese games go, is there any particular reason why you need to find disapproval in it at all?, what do you gain from disapproving of a game you will never play, and will never be available in any other country except the one where nobody actually finds issue with it?

Is it right to disapprove of something in such a situation?, because to me it's no different from finding disapproval in a particular religion, WHY do we have to disapprove of something that isn't related to us and is part of a culture we have never and will never be associated with?

Wouldn't the sane, logical thing to do, be to simply be ACCEPTING of social and cultural differences and leave it at that?, dissaproval in this situation is meaningless and shows nothing but the desire to push a personal agenda upon others in the hopes that they will share your beliefs, that isn't needed.

So I will suggest you simply accept the social and cultural differences and leave it at that.