By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People Are Complaining About The Anime Schoolgirl Sony Used To Demo Its VR Headset

padib said:

I don't get schooled. And noone has schooled me in this thread. Quite the contrary.

You schooled someone? please show, because all you've claimed to have done is shared your opinion, but clearly here you believe you've, as i said, hoisted yourself up morally above others.

padib said:

So far few of you have shown the depth of insight to explain half the content of what I've brought to this thread in terms of the complexities of the problem discussed.

Never have I demonstrated a lack of knowledge of Japan, I know how things are there. There is a world of a difference between knowing about something and agreeing with something.

I will take position, I disagree with the ability to creep out a schoolgirl in her bedroom in a videogame. I think it's socially dangerous.

By all means, tell us how things are in Japan, i'm sure everyone wants to hear the opinion of a non-japanese male, on the topic about how women feel about a japanese game, I'm sure it's more accurate and informative than that of an actual Japanese female.

User was moderated for this thread - Conegamer

Around the Network
padib said:

I don't get schooled. And noone has schooled me in this thread. Quite the contrary.

So far few of you have shown the depth of insight to explain half the content of what I've brought to this thread in terms of the complexities of the problem discussed.

Never have I demonstrated a lack of knowledge of Japan, I know how things are there. There is a world of a difference between knowing about something and agreeing with something.

I will take position, I disagree with the ability to creep out a schoolgirl in her bedroom in a videogame. I think it's socially dangerous.

You did... I'm sorry, but all the other users have been more reasonable than you have. You can have an unpopular belief and still back it up strongly as long as it's logically sound. However, you failed to do that hence why you got "schooled".

The bolded is your biggest problem in whatever conversations you have with everyone. No conversation goes well with a person with that kind of attitude. You claim that you don't lack knowledge of Japan, but your comments clearly show the contrary. What's worse is that you disagree with people who have actually been in Japan and/or live there. Sorry, but Hynad, Pokoko, Mornelithe, Tamron, and Tachikoma have made their arguments more persuasively and logically.

This thread should've ended 12 hours ago. Some people need to understand some god damned empathy.

This is an exercise in futility.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

padib said:
Aura7541 said:
padib said:

You did... I'm sorry, but all the other users have been more reasonable than you have. You can have an unpopular belief and still back it up strongly as long as it's logically sound. However, you failed to do that hence why you got "schooled".

The bolded is your biggest problem in whatever conversations you have with everyone. No conversation goes well with a person with that kind of attitude. You claim that you don't lack knowledge of Japan, but your comments clearly show the contrary. What's worse is that you disagree with people who have actually been in Japan and/or live there. Sorry, but Hynad, Pokoko, Mornelithe, Tamron, and Tachikoma have made their arguments more persuasively and logically.

Claims claims claims, but no substance.

Link me to a post where I demonstrated a lack of understanding of the japanese culture.

Deny, deny, deny, but you can't change the truth.

Don't have to. Your posts are already there for everyone else to see. The fact that everyone else thinks you got schooled is telling enough. You can't change what we think unless you change yourself. You're only going to perpetuate a lot of non-constructive discussion with that kind of attitude, so I suggest that you leave or make an about face. Everyone will appreciate it if this thread actually contains civil conversation rather than overreaction. I believe you've been warned a few times, not the others...

padib said:

My point is that you are wrong to say that as a man I can't understand the depths of sexism. Moreover, you have shown yourself that men are being sexualized in ads, yet you have breasts. So, why are you talking by boths sides of your mouth?

There is a monumental difference between being aware of the way sex is used to sell product, and the difference in sex limiting the understanding each has of the others experiences and thoughts.

Unless of course you believe a man understanding a woman, and a woman understanding a man, is the same thing as looking at advertising , movies and television and thinking "theyre using sex to sell something"

You yourself said "but if my sex were constantly made the object of sexual desire", and i pointed out that it is, there is no gender boundary there, it's just good, old fashioned acceptance of reality

You're clutching at straws.

Around the Network
padib said:

This thread serves to show that it is a bad idea to antagonize and attack users personally.

And there goes the victim card, right on queue.

Thanks for proving my point.

padib said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
This thread should've ended 12 hours ago. Some people need to understand some god damned empathy.

This is an exercise in futility.

This thread serves to show that it is a bad idea to antagonize and attack users personally.

The odd part is, it almost always happens to me in Sony discussions. I'm beginning to wonder why.

It is mutual. That is why. If people are attacking you, then its probably because you offended them in some way.

Disagreeing opinions are fine, but when you do not recognize that it is your opinion or make an opinionated claim that causes offence then it will most like draw ire.

However, you should strive to learn from others even if you do not wish to change your own opinion.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

padib said:
Aura7541 said:

Deny, deny, deny, but you can't change the truth.

Don't have to. Your posts are already there for everyone else to see. The fact that everyone else thinks you got schooled is telling enough. You can't change what we think unless you change yourself. You're only going to perpetuate a lot of non-constructive discussion with that kind of attitude, so I suggest that you leave or make an about face. Everyone will appreciate it if this thread actually contains civil conversation rather than overreaction.

So, you're not going to link to a post and are going to continue to tell lies.

What a wonderful contribution.

You know, I'm trying to help you, but apparently, you don't want it. You really need to drop that attitude. You are the only one who is acting like this, so why is there any reason for me to link to a post? The fact that you had to ask me says it all. You only validate other people's reservations about you and consequently, defeat yourself. Everyone else's replies you echo the same sentiment.

Seriously, knock it off.

padib said:

Let me get this straight. You think that as a man I could not possibly conceive how painful it would be if my sex were subjected as the object of the other?

You think it's impossible for me to fathom a world where the roles are reversed?

Again, I've shown strong examples of similar difference in people who can understand each other (different race, different class), I have no idea how you can hold the position you hold to with a straight face.

Because I take no sides, I look at movements, and social groupings with objectivity, I am not a patron of any of the -ist movements.

You clearly identify as a feminist, regardless of your own gender, and there's nothing wrong with that, however being a feminist does not make your views on how women as a whole feel about how women and girls are portrayed in games universal, it does not make it even the majority opinion - in actual fact, idenfiying as a feminist narrows down your objectivity on the topic considerably.

padib said:

You are not helping me!

You said I didn't understand the japanese culture, yet again another judgement on my position based on thin air. I asked for some kind of basis to your judgement of my PoV and got nothing.

If you want to help me, stop saying things about me which are untrue.

I shall ask a second time, by all means share with us this knowledge of Japan you claim to have.