By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crystal Dynamics confirms Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive

I own an Xbox One and I am not getting ROTR. I think it is just sad how many people actually care so much about the game not coming to PS4 right away. I doubt some of these people were going to buy it in the first place.

Favorite Game Franchises-

Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed, Burnout, TOCA Race Driver/Race Driver/Grid, Colin McRae Rally/Dirt, Halo, TimeSplitters, Splinter Cell, Gears of War, Borderlands, and Call of Duty.

Let's just say I love racing games followed by shooters and the Xbox One has filled this love.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
overman1 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Ninsect said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Like I said 360/XB1 2015, PCPS4 2016

Fixed, and I agree

Maybe. But I'm just going based off his Dead Rising 3 comment still. That's why I'll stick with PC in 2016 for now.

Unless Ms is publishing this game....I dont see that happening

They said the same deal is in place that they have for Dead Rising 3. That's why I'm skeptical of the PS4 release and thinking it will only hit PC . Hopefully im wrong though cause it would be nice for all to play it

Nope Spencer said "similar" not same. Similar can mean anything including only timed exclusivity and future releases on any platform SE wants. Until a PS4 release is announced there is no guarantee it will come to PS4. But with every non-statement regarding PS4 definitely not getting the game it becomes more and more likely that PS4 will get a version sooner rather than later.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

leo-j said:
I don't get square enix.. they really are fucking fucked up.. they go on the PS stage, and tell everyone to be excited.. and they announced FF V XIII cancelled for ps3.. and now multiplatform for nexgen.. and announce that KH III is in development..

now they release a franchise known to be a playstation ip.. exclusively on xbox.. it's like every since THE LAST REMNANT, square has been sucking microsoft's D!ck 24/7

Please don't remind me of that please be excited crap, it makes me extremely agitated. The only reason I even give a shit about that company are three games, two of which are unreleased, and I'm starting to wish very unappealing things on to the head jerks in charge.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

That FAQ is still a load of PR non-answers. They're still skirting around the questions with carefully worded PR speak instead of just being honest and blunt, which at this point is what's really needed for positive press. Instead, they're answering questions like politicians.

So basically, everything they come out with from now and until the end of holiday 2015 is going to be crappy PR talk that has to toe the fine line that they agreed with Microsoft to make it appear as though it may never come to PS4.

binary solo said:

They said the same deal is in place that they have for Dead Rising 3. That's why I'm skeptical of the PS4 release and thinking it will only hit PC . Hopefully im wrong though cause it would be nice for all to play it

Nope Spencer said "similar" not same. Similar can mean anything including only timed exclusivity and future releases on any platform SE wants. Until a PS4 release is announced there is no guarantee it will come to PS4. But with every non-statement regarding PS4 definitely not getting the game it becomes more and more likely that PS4 will get a version sooner rather than later.

Yeah. I'm still leaning towards PC in 2016 at this point. So we'll see. Anything can eventually happen

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
The question is, which platforms will it come to in the future? PC most definitely, but will it come to PS4?

100% guaranteed.

Most likely PS3 as well. Crystal Dynamics have been developing the game for PS4, PS3, anc PC since the beginning. Their publisher (Square Enix) just took a large check and advertising deal in exchange for a delay across those three platforms. The games are still sitting there and being developed.

Who is going to want a cross gen game in 2016?

Looks like they've been downright scared by the reactions lol

Next time they will think of their costumers before thinking about their wallet

overman1 said:
It is very clear Square Enix did this because of Naughty Dog. They didn't want to release TR the same time as Uncharted 4. Seems like they were scared shitless at the idea of battling with Naughty Dog. They probably thought uncharted will take off some sales off Tomb Raider since they are quite similar. Especially after the rave reception of Uncharted 4's trailer at E3.

Tomb Raider on PS4 and X1 wold have more of a chance against UC4 than only tomb raider on X1 only. This way, SE has no chance whatsoever

Please refer to my avatar!

Add me if u want :)