By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crystal Dynamics confirms Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive

Imaginedvl said:
Raziel123 said:

Don't care, TR, CD and SE are dead to me. No forgiveness.

lol seriously dude, just stop posting... You are really making a foul of yourself :)

You're not the boss of me. And the only fools are anyone who buys rotr

Around the Network

Atleast they indirectly admit that timed exclusives dont mean s**t.

If they (and MS) are so reluctant to announce them as timed, or atleast 'first on xbox', then why do they even sign the deals knowing that timed exclusives are frowned on?

Raziel123 said:

Have fun not playing games.

Hatred towards a company is as retarded as trusting one IMO. It's a company, not a person.

RenCutypoison said:
Raziel123 said:

Hatred towards a company is as retarded as trusting one IMO. It's a company, not a person.

I'll have fun playing other games. There are too many good ones out there to waste time and money on back stabbers and hungry hippos. Been doing fine not playing EA and Activision games for years, will have no issue extending that to other companies.

overman1 said:
It is very clear Square Enix did this because of Naughty Dog. They didn't want to release TR the same time as Uncharted 4. Seems like they were scared shitless at the idea of battling with Naughty Dog. They probably thought uncharted will take off some sales off Tomb Raider since they are quite similar. Especially after the rave reception of Uncharted 4's trailer at E3.

Wouldnt it be funny is Uncharted had to be delayed until Feb 2016... and so it ends up that TR has it's own space and is not in competition with Uncharted and they would lose massive sales because it's not on PS4... and then they would be screwed if the timing is only 3-6 months cause then it would still be in direct competition... funny that would be :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Raziel123 said:
RenCutypoison said:

I'll have fun playing other games. There are too many good ones out there to waste time and money on back stabbers and hungry hippos. Been doing fine not playing EA and Activision games for years, will have no issue extending that to other companies.

EA is a terrible company, it doesn't prevent them from making a few good games. I'm still having fun on Simcity 4.

If you don't give them money for what they do good, how are they supposed to invest the good way ? You have a duty towards the next generation of gamers

Madword said:
overman1 said:
It is very clear Square Enix did this because of Naughty Dog. They didn't want to release TR the same time as Uncharted 4. Seems like they were scared shitless at the idea of battling with Naughty Dog. They probably thought uncharted will take off some sales off Tomb Raider since they are quite similar. Especially after the rave reception of Uncharted 4's trailer at E3.

Wouldnt it be funny is Uncharted had to be delayed until Feb 2016... and so it ends up that TR has it's own space and is not in competition with Uncharted and they would lose massive sales because it's not on PS4... and then they would be screwed if the timing is only 3-6 months cause then it would still be in direct competition... funny that would be :)

lol as funny as that would be....I feel that Microsoft must have paid a hefty fee for that exclusivity for the Xbox one. SE may not lose money but they will definitely be losing fans. 

Oh, yah, baby. I am so drunk happy to say I said it all along. Used buy for sure now!

The fact that people are still doubting when it's written right there is really something indescribable without getting moderated.

Thanks jlmurph!

Ka-pi96 said:
overman1 said:

lol as funny as that would be....I feel that Microsoft must have paid a hefty fee for that exclusivity for the Xbox one. SE may not lose money but they will definitely be losing fans. 

They may lose a few fans on PS but I'm sure they will gain some on Xbox for being exclusive.

Which isnt much considering the market share size in Sony's favor..