By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crystal Dynamics confirms Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive

Hopefully this will be a good kick up SE backside. Hope the game is total crap and fails miserably. I bet this wasn't the reaction SE expected? All they've done is created negativity around themselves. Hopefully no one will buy Tomb Raider Osiris either!

Around the Network

This has already been said. Get over it.

Vasto said:
This has already been said. Get over it.

That is not the point, dishonesty, keeping things hush and confusing information is not a good way to build good PR. If they said from the start and told customers when it would come out for other platforms it might have been as big of a issue.

I gues the contract sayd they can't say anything but at least then say that you can't say anything.

Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:
Get it over man. We have uncharted 4 which will be better than tomb raider. Let Xbox One have its exclusive; even it is timed.

If Nathan grows some tits.... maybe.

He's already done that, but it wasn't pretty...

OMG this is funny ahaha
I actually pictured this as a failed attempt for Microsoft to copy Uncharted :) Like this is all they can come with it to compete with UC!

what does timed exclusive mean

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Panama said:
Hope MS paid them enough to offset killing the franchise after such a successful reboot.

If a bunch of mediore Tomb Raider games didn't kill the series, why would this?

Anyhow, time to put this debate to rest already. Its coming to PS4 eventually.

It could have come to PS4 exclusivesly, but Sony spent money on Destiny DLC, No Man's Sky, and other deals that confuse people about what platforms games are coming to.

They did kill the franchise though, hence the reboot :^)

You do realize how this will play out. After the deal is up they will release PR emphatically apologizing and saying they made mistakes and want to move forward. They will concede that the decision was not in the best interest of fans and was only necessary to make the game AT ALL yadayadayada and a vocal few will refrain from buying it and others will not care. They will release it in the Summer of 2016 during a slow period after everyone is done with UC4 and they will probably make more money doing this than releasing both simultaneously. 3 years from now when the next TR is released 95% of the people wont give a shit about this and will have moved on mentally and buy it.

Mr Puggsly said:
leo-j said:
lol at the comments.. the developers have to be feeling really bad about this deal

"Meanwhile at SE HQ..."

Lol this better be like this cause until game release they will lose it all+ lots of their own and there is absolutly no guarantee if they see any of it return...

Add me if u want :)

Boycott ps4 version

It was obvious.
Now about not coming to Ps4. Answering they don't own the IP and SE decides where it goes after the exclusive window but putting a clause prohibiting ps4 would be deceitfull as hell and could be seem as a lie and law enforceable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."