By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crystal Dynamics confirms Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive

overman1 said:
It is very clear Square Enix did this because of Naughty Dog. They didn't want to release TR the same time as Uncharted 4. Seems like they were scared shitless at the idea of battling with Naughty Dog. They probably thought uncharted will take off some sales off Tomb Raider since they are quite similar. Especially after the rave reception of Uncharted 4's trailer at E3.

I highly daubt that. TR was actrually a better game then the UC trilogy in my opinion. I am not just saying that, iv played them all and i just found TR offered something more, maybe it was the fact your Lara Croft but the gameplay felt so much better. CD have proven they can do what ND do. It feels more of a stratagie from MS then a CD idea. MS wanted to counter UC4 by having TR timed.

Either way TR and UC4 are going to be great games and i wouldnt underestimate TR's seqaul. Now that people have seen the reboot, the sequal is going to be bigger.