By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who the heck will buy Bayo 2

Screw the rules, I am buying.

Also, Nintendo has to spend money to make money so its not a bad acquisition.

But of course with it being Nintendo they have been dubbed into the 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' scenario.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
reggin_bolas said:
Will this game be bomb of the year?

Don't be silly, numerous games this year will sell worse.

That's not the criteria for bomb of the year though is it? Bomb of the year is a mix of sales failure and pre launch hype. I would say bayo 2 may be a contender. What game that is hyped and caused internet melt downs will sell worse? 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

pokoko said:
Quite a few Nintendo fans on these forums have previously yelled about games on other systems having too much violence and sexuality, so I guess they won't be buying Bayonetta 2.

Still, if Nintendo wants to broaden their fan base and entice third parties then they have to do this. Even if it ends up losing money, I think it's a good idea. I just don't know if it's going to be enough.

Really? I haven't seen ANY Nintendo fan here on VGChartz say something like that... :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I will day one as it looks awesome plus we get the first game for free!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Well, Nintendo is the reason why this game is made so that Nintendo didn't have to pay a huge amount to make it exclusive. That would be probably not so great for Nintendo's financials but the game doesn't look too expensive so that Nintendo won't lose much even if it will flop.

So, even if it will flop it will still sell at least a few Wii U's and it will show that Nintendo has more exclusives as Mario and Pokemon. They need obviously more games which have nothing to do with the well known Nintendo franchises to show people that a Wii U has more to offer but I really doubt that Bayonetta 2 will be the flop of the year.

That will be probably some other games which will even sell more and Nintendo does maybe even calculate with a loss for the game and will be still not mad since exclusive games are good for platform holders. It's much worse for a company like Ubisoft if a game will flop as it is for a console manufacturer.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:

Quick query and forgive my ignorance kind Nintendoists but who the heck will buy this game? You have a sequel whose predecessor was released on two different platforms, and whose current audience comprises mainly of Nintendo fantasts (early adopters who only buy Nintendo first party titles) who most likely never played the first one.

Is this the worst third-party acquisition of all time? Sure sounds like it.

Your error in reasoning is that all (or at least most) WiiU-owners didn't own one of the consoles that had Bayonetta last gen.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

reggin_bolas said:
Cheebee said:
Haven't we had 678 of these exact same threads already? Get over it.

I just realized, and forgive my slowness, that to acquire the rights to publish a moderately successful niche franchise which was originally published outside your platform is probably the most assanine business decision one could make. 

Isn't that like buying a sports team and moving it to a different city, far... far away lol? 

And for a contrary example to your sports analogy, it seems to be working out pretty well for these guys:

The implication that no Nintendo fan owned a ps3 or 360 is dumb

AZWification said:
pokoko said:
Quite a few Nintendo fans on these forums have previously yelled about games on other systems having too much violence and sexuality, so I guess they won't be buying Bayonetta 2.

Still, if Nintendo wants to broaden their fan base and entice third parties then they have to do this. Even if it ends up losing money, I think it's a good idea. I just don't know if it's going to be enough.

Really? I haven't seen ANY Nintendo fan here on VGChartz say something like that... :-/

We have a couple who make it a point to attack "mature games" and sterotype the people who play them fairly often, though I'm not going to name names.  I should probably amend that "quite a few" down to "a few", however.

reggin_bolas said:
Cheebee said:
Haven't we had 678 of these exact same threads already? Get over it.

I just realized, and forgive my slowness, that to acquire the rights to publish a moderately successful niche franchise which was originally published outside your platform is probably the most assanine business decision one could make. 

Isn't that like buying a sports team and moving it to a different city, far... far away lol? 

Yeah they are called the Baltimore Ravens. Pretty successful team...even if I hate them (Clevelander)

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.