By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who the heck will buy Bayo 2

Bayo 1 is on the disc for free, so it automatically opens up the franchise to a new audience.

This is what EA should have done with deep space.

Also if majority of gamers were not immature kids who pick sides they would buy the console for the game if that is their cup of tea.

Around the Network

Well I bought wii u for bayonetta 2.

-wii U didnt get the casuals. so who had a wii U or is a nintendo fan or a multiconsole owner. is more likely to buy bayo.
-Also, third party exclusives sold better than multiconsole on wii U.
-I think the second entry of a franchise dont appeal only the people who played the first one. If so, why would make someone play a new franchise?
-it cames with bayo 1 and Ninty chars costumes. It is the best deal for new people in bayo world (including ninty fans).
-Bayo best fans would buy wii U for this game.

I think it can pass achieve 1,5M lifetime.

reggin_bolas said:

Quick query and forgive my ignorance kind Nintendoists but who the heck will buy this game? You have a sequel whose predecessor was released on two different platforms, and whose current audience comprises mainly of Nintendo fantasts (early adopters who only buy Nintendo first party titles) who most likely never played the first one. 

Is this the worst third-party acquisition of all time? Sure sounds like it. 

Hmm, I don't know. I also don't understand why people not playing the first one would be a problem when the first game is included with this for free. So if you never played the first one then that will not be a problem.  Personally, I am intrigued at the game and I may buy it, not at release ut it will be a game on my radar.

People who like the game? Maybe?
The excuse of the lack of Bayo1 on Nintendo consoles is not on your favor anymore as the game is included on Bayo2.

Sometimes, people have to buy inferior or bad hardware to play some games. Fortunately for them, buying a Wii U is a good adquisition.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Bayonetta 2 is financed by Nintendo and therefore not third party.
But I will buy it.

pokoko said:

We have a couple who make it a point to attack "mature games" and sterotype the people who play them fairly often, though I'm not going to name names.  I should probably amend that "quite a few" down to "a few", however.

Oh, OK... I guess I've been visiting the wrong threads since I've never seen any Nintendo fan act like that! :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

reggin_bolas said:

Quick query and forgive my ignorance kind Nintendoists but who the heck will buy this game? You have a sequel whose predecessor was released on two different platforms, and whose current audience comprises mainly of Nintendo fantasts (early adopters who only buy Nintendo first party titles) who most likely never played the first one. 

Is this the worst third-party acquisition of all time? Sure sounds like it. 

Wasnt your first thread of how this game would bomb terribly,etc,etc O.o

Wats the matter, shakened up now :P  This game has both Bayo2 and a port of the original with more content.It'll do ok for itself, no need to try to bash this game..... AGAIN

_crazy_man_ said:
I know I will.

Helps tons that it comes with Bayonetta 1 for free.

Ladies and gentleman, this right here is why Bayo2 will be fine from doomed!

reggin_bolas said:
Lets cross off the potential audience.

- Casuals. Nope, no chance. People who bought this for their 7 year old kids will not gift them this.

-Nintendo fantasts. Maybe but unlikely. These hardcore fans only buy Nintendo hardware and only for traditional Nintendo titles. Bayo 2, is in all essence, still a third-party exclusive.

-Cross-buyers. I suspect revenue will come from this group of hardcore gamers who always buy multiple consoles.

I can appreciate that many of you will personally respond by saying you will buy it. I get that, but the implication of my question is more broad. Will this game be bomb of the year?

No offense but your arguments just suggest you personally want this game to bomb, which is a shame. I wish some people could let things go but that seems impossible :-/  

Truth be told, many out there want this game to bomb because of selfish reasons, this is wats wrong with a number of gamers sadly. Wats even more worse for this case in particular is the sole fact that Nintendo is the reason why Bayo2 even exist. 

Well just my 2 cents on the matter......