By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction - PS4 will have 20 million lead over Xbox One at the end of 2015

waza2323 said:

The sample size is not large enough to determine what effect the removal of kinect will have in the long term.

It has only been 2 months since Kinect has been removed. By December, the kinectless SKU will have been on the market almost the same time as the xbox one that launched with kinect. By then, we will know the $399 xbox has made an impact.

I have a feeling though that the gap in USA will start to decrease in the next 6 months, especially because of Halo MCC.

Who you kidding, new cheaper cku or price cuts have always had an immidiete effect then tapered of at a higher baseline if succesful. 

We already know it made little to no impact in NA.  

Around the Network
waza2323 said:

The sample size is not large enough to determine what effect the removal of kinect will have in the long term.

It has only been 2 months since Kinect has been removed. By December, the kinectless SKU will have been on the market almost the same time as the xbox one that launched with kinect. By then, we will know the $399 xbox has made an impact.

I have a feeling though that the gap in USA will start to decrease in the next 6 months, especially because of Halo MCC.

not a chance,  especially with wats going on in sept.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

daredevil.shark said:

I predict PS4 will have 15 20 million lead over Xbox One by the end of 2015. Nothing less. Next year is full of games. It will be awesome. I also expect a price cut for both consoles. For PS4 $349 and Xbox One $299. And yet PS4 will outsold Xbox One.

Okay: I am updating my numbers. Its now 20 million.

I mean it really isn't a crazy prediction.  The PS4 selling 35 - 40 million the first 2 years, and the Xbox one selling 15 - 20 million in that same time isn't insane.  However I would say these are optimitic predictions.

Imo, 20m is too much.

15m looks doable.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Yeah, 15m seems realistic but i really doubt 20m. I think it'll be something like 32m vs 17m

Around the Network

I expect 15M advantage by end of 2015. If it's 20M would either amazing PS4 sales, or unexpectedly poor XB1 sales.

My 8th gen collection

20m is too much but I could see 15m. Depends on how MS will price the X1. If they drop the price and have a price advantage over the PS4, then I don't see PS4 leading by 15m.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

CGI-Quality said:
MoHasanie said:
20m is too much but I could see 15m. Depends on how MS will price the X1. If they drop the price and have a price advantage over the PS4, then I don't see PS4 leading by 15m.

But this is if Sony doesn't drop theirs, as well.

True but I said only if MS has a price advantage after the price drop. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I don't think a 20 million lead can happen, but 15 million will definitely happen! No ifs, ands, or buts!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't see why not. XB1 will be 17-19m and PS4 should be around 35-37m

The One and Only

VizionEck.com