By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction - PS4 will have 20 million lead over Xbox One at the end of 2015

20 million is too much, I would say 10-13 million.

Around the Network

Not a ghost of a chance. It will keep a nice lead, but 20 million? Hell no,

waza2323 said:

I'm not concerned with which game is better.

The fact is, Halo is a proven system seller with series sales of 57 million sold. Uncharted is a much newer game series, but has series sales of 18 million. There is a massive difference.

The most recent game Halo 4, which was not received as well as past titles, still sold more than 9 million copies.

Halo MCC is being released to create more interest and hype for Halo 5. Halo has a very dedicated and massive fanbase. In US and UK, Xbox will reclaim the lead starting in the second half of 2015. I mean, currently PS4 is only ahead 600k units, and that is with xbox being $100 more cost for 7 months so it shows you how loyal MS fans are in north america.

worldwide is sony's stronghold. I just believe xbox will reclaim its strongholds of US and UK in the latter half of 2015.

Thats cool, but HAlo is not relaasing on 360 user base, its on X1.  H5 wont sniff H4s sales numbers on X1 meager userbase.  Halo alone wont save X1 no one game can do that, especially one that is not the best highest seller of its genre.  

There is no brand loyalty in NA, and by the time HAlo5 comes around X1 will be in a far deeper hole its in now.  By the way there is no stronghold for xbox, they did well in NA and uk for one gen and that over now, Sony has owned Europe since day one.  

Nothing at all about the sales show X1 is anywhere near matching let alone surpassing PS4 sale sin NA. You can beleive all you want, people believe little green men kidnapped them.  But realsticaly based of facts and numebrs, nothing is showing X1 will recover let alone reclaim NA.  Not hardware sales not promotions not new skus not exclusive releases not 3rd party sales  nothing.  

PS4 is ahead with Knack Killzone Infamous X1 is behind with Forza Ryse CrimsonDragon killer instinct DeadRising Sportsrivals Titanfall - this is plenty telling how bad its really is going for the x1.

Incubi said:
waza2323 said:

Nope. It won't happen.

PS4 lead will actually slow down in the second half of 2015. Gap should be less than 10 million.

Why? Because of Halo 5. You guyss are seriously underestimating the power of the Halo Franchise. Uncharted is a great series, but it is no Halo.

Especially when MS announces a Halo 5 bundle, Xbox will start gaining on the PS4 (in US and UK)

At end of 2015, because of Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Quantum Break, and more gap will be shrinking as Xbox starts winning the battle in US and UK (Sony will still be ahead worldwide)

Uncharted is good, but in US and UK shooters rule, and halo 5 will be a big boost to xbox one. just wait and see. forget about 20 million. gap will be less than 10 million by the time halo 5 comes out.

Nice first post. I believe MS will be willing to bleed money for marketshare, and they have a lot of cash. A massive marketing blitz second half 2015 coupled with a strong lineup and perhaps a massive pricecut can help XBO close the gap. 

The thing is, while yes, they HAVE a lot of cash, I'm less certain about how much bleeding they're going to be willing to do, especially given this cash will be coming from the larger company, rather than the Xbox Division. Microsoft's had a bit of a history when it comes to being... well... kiiiinda cheap; permatemp employees and the like, they generally just spend a dollar if they're expecting to get three back. It's a part of WHY they make so much money; they're very good at maximizing profits.

Anyway, point is, Microsoft's shareholders are very much interested in high profits, and the Xbox division is a pretty tiny part of the larger company, even at its peak profitability, (unlike for Sony, where Playstation is preeetty much one of their brightest spots at this point. xP ) While I don't buy into that whole 'Microsoft selling Xbox' thing, at the same time I can't help but wonder how long the purse strings are going to stay open to dump vast amounts of Microsoft's money into the problem. I simply believe that there's only so much blood they'll shed in the pursuit of marketshare.

I mean, if there wasn't, they could have used some of that money muscle to keep every Xbox One exclusive ON Xbox One, no PC ports, no cross-gen titles. Titanfall especially; sure, it would have cost a vast sum of money, and Microsoft would definitely have spent more on Titanfall than they made (they might have already,) but it would have proved a far more effective system seller.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

I think Sony will actually be aggressive and price drop to $299, maybe even before MS drops the price of the XBO again.

Around the Network

Sounds about right.

I'm more conservative, I think it'll have a 15-16 million lead. 20 could be possible if the X1 really doesn't pick up at all.

End of 2015 I think the PS4 will have crossed 30 million, the X1 will be at or below 15. 

wary-wallaroo said:

End of 2015 I think the PS4 will have crossed 30 million, the X1 will be at or below 15. 

Ehh, by end of this year 17ish is easy as hell.

only 13m for such a dommination console in its second year is low.

BeElite said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Ehh, by end of this year 17ish is easy as hell.

only 13m for such a dommination console in its second year is low.

True, I'm just giving the X1 the benefit of the doubt. Depending on how it performs this holidays, we'll have a much better picture. 

CGI-Quality said:
waza2323 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Not saying that it can't happen, but one game won't be enough to reverse that gap. Price, year headstart, and market perception are also not an issue for Sony this time.

Whatever the 360 did last gen won't translate into the Xbox winning the US/UK this time.

You are forgetting one thing.

Xbox One was $100 more than PS4 for about 7 months. Despite that, the gap in North America is only about 600k units. Coupled with all of the bad publicity MS had, that is impressive. In addition, in north america, Xbox One has higher software sales and attach rate.

This is why I believe that MS has a loyal following in North America and will reclaim this territory. They have been making very aggressive moves and will continue to do so well into 2015.

I'm focusing on US and UK because that is the only path of redemption for Xbox. Worldwide is a lost cause and was never up for debate.

You're forgetting that the removal of Kinect did nothing for the X1. It's not going to just suddenly outselling the PS4 and even if they decide to give it a price cut, Sony can simply cut the PS4's price (if even needed) to keep their lead. Also, attach rates are irrelevant (often times, the PS3 had a higher one last gen). They will have no bearing on marketshare. As for "aggression", Sony has either been matched or exceeded them. I'd say they were far more agressive last gen.

Bottom line, this isn't the 360 era. In the 7th generation, MS enjoyed key advantages over Sony - advantages that are long gone now.

The sample size is not large enough to determine what effect the removal of kinect will have in the long term.

It has only been 2 months since Kinect has been removed. By December, the kinectless SKU will have been on the market almost the same time as the xbox one that launched with kinect. By then, we will know the $399 xbox has made an impact.

I have a feeling though that the gap in USA will start to decrease in the next 6 months, especially because of Halo MCC.