By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Everyone's Friends Have Xbox One's Who are all these people buying PS4s

I only have 1 friend with an XBO, the rest either own a PS4 or Wii U

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

I know nobody who has a One OR PS4 tbh lol. But then again I rarely talk to people about gaming/consoles outside of my close group of friends, most of whom are PC gamers or more casual gamers.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dark_Feanor said:
sully1311 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Europe and "rest of the world" it seems.

Unless the NPD leak was wrong and the PS4 is trending much higher...

What NPD leak?

This one

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/18/npd-hardware-sales-numbers-leak-for-june-2014/

Year to date the PS4 has "only" 400K advantage onve  the XOne. If the close to 4mi advantage WW and with only  about 800k, Europe and rest of the world account for almost 2,5mi advantage.

That is massive. 

So, that in my opinion explains why in english foruns XOne is holding preaty well. 

Ah right, thought July NPDs were leaked!! Knew this already.

I know about 8 people with Xbox Ones.

I know about 10 with PS4s.

Most (if not all) also own Xbox 360s.

A few own Wii U's.

GotBoth said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Feel sorry for the people who haven't had the chance to even try the Xbox One, I know a bunch of people bash a certain console without even have played it or owned it. Sad truly. I mean at least give the console a try at a friends house or at a game store (they usually always have demo units). Tying yourself down to one console never made sense to me.

Side note: 90% of my friends have an Xbone or will be getting one in the future. Only a few have decided to go to PS4 (though that small percent happens to be a couple of good friends who I'm trying to convince to get an Xbox One)

1st why would you try to convince someone to get an Xbone right after saying its sad to tie into one system. 2nd I did try Xbox One and traded it in (check my gamer ID PoonieG4) due to the fact I am lucky to have a 66 inch TV and can notice the difference in resolution.  I had a PS4 anyway so after my hype for Titanfall subsided (I was hard on that game for about a month) I realised i don't play any other xbox games and traded it in to get a new PS3 and proceeded to play my backlog on it.

What? I wasn't referring to you. I want them to get an Xbox because that's the console I play on the most. That's cool that you have an Xbone and PS4 so do I. I personally don't care for large TV's as I tend to play pretty close to the screen. 32" is the max size I'll play video games on.

Around the Network
GotBoth said:
JazzB1987 said:
People like me that bought a PS4 because it was discounted. My PS4 is still in its original sealed box and its the 4th week now. (lack of games T.T)

Its the first system I have not touched within the first 24h after buying it.

I find that hard to believe or you are just not a huge gamer. It has games, that argument has been debunked several times.  either that or 9,999,999 people disagree with you

Still sealed and you can see the dust on top of it.

I am a huge gamer and thats the problem. Ports or mainstream games is not what I want. I also dont give a F* about sports games. Bloodborne is something I would play but well its not out yet.

Funny, cause I don't know anybody with a Xbox One (or many next gen consoles for that matter)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ok, once and for all, I will clarify. You all have heard the rumours, and, yes, it is true.
I have won 3999 million dollars on the brazilian lottery.
So, I used every last dime of this money to buy 10 million PS4s. I imported from the US and send them to be delivered into a landfill in Texas.
I have done my part, now it is up to you guys.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WiiStation360 said:
Because of the negativity around XBox One reveal, launch and current sales, the XBox One purchaser is more compelled to defend their purchase online. They feel like they need justify their decision to not get a PS4.

The PS4 purchaser does not need to do this, because they are making the more popular decision.

This is true. In my experience with a few xbox fanboys they seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders because the system isnt doing as well as they expected. I'm not talking about all fans, maybe not even most of them but the guys I am talking about will bite your fucking head off if you even suggest there is any sort if shortcoming with the Xbox One. And they are compelled to just constantly tell everyone they know how amazing their new console is over and over. I don't know if they are trying to convince themselves or everyone else. It really doesn't matter if you enjoy your purchase.

otherwise, my experience shows me a lot of my 360 friends did so out of desire to keep their gamerscore and friends list and carry that over. I had hoped before they announced the One and assumed that would be the system I would get to carry over my friends and gamerscore. After the reveal I had to decide and ultimately I decided to get the more powerful system with exclusives that appeal to me more currently.

But a lot if people I know from Xbox Live got a One and a few of my friends have said their friends lists are full of people playing X1's. So there is definitely a loyalty there.

WagnerPaiva said:
Ok, once and for all, I will clarify. You all have heard the rumours, and, yes, it is true.
I have won 399 million dollars on the brazilian lottery.
So, I used every last dime of this money to buy 10 million PS4s.
I have done my part, now it is up to you guys.

399m/399 = 1m. What about the other 9m?

Wouldn't you just be able to buy like 2 or 3 PS4s? I mean Brazil has pretty shitty prices for game consoles etc right?