By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Everyone's Friends Have Xbox One's Who are all these people buying PS4s

oh, and i'd put in my observational 2 cents but i don't have any friends. that's why i post here.

Around the Network

So 3 or 4 people saying something on vgchartz represents a trend? As a political scientist don't you have to take classes on statistics?

Xbox community all know eachother. I have 5 million friends with X1.

For reals though plenty of people say they have all friends with PS4. 15 million consoles out there, its likely gamers know other gamers with either a PS4 or X1. One friend I have is PS4 and getting an X1 this holiday, everyone else I know says they are getting an X1 probably cause they already are in the MS  ecosystem (achievements, XBL gold.) I live in North America so it is expected.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

wilco said:
So 3 or 4 people saying something on vgchartz represents a trend? As a political scientist don't you have to take classes on statistics?

It doesn't.  First of all it's not a random sample.  Without a random sample, it would be bunk.

sully1311 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Europe and "rest of the world" it seems.

Unless the NPD leak was wrong and the PS4 is trending much higher...

What NPD leak?

This one

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/18/npd-hardware-sales-numbers-leak-for-june-2014/

Year to date the PS4 has "only" 400K advantage onve  the XOne. If the close to 4mi advantage WW and with only  about 800k, Europe and rest of the world account for almost 2,5mi advantage.

That is massive. 

So, that in my opinion explains why in english foruns XOne is holding preaty well. 

Around the Network

People seem to forget how close the sales in the US are. Of course in Europe this is completely different.

radishhead said:
GotBoth said:
radishhead said:
I've never seen an Xbox One in real life; I know many people with PS4s.

You can't be serious.

Super serious!

I will board your boat Sir I am in the same situation as You. Its Like Hunting A unicorn. 

In my case, I have seen quite a bit of PS4's outside of retailers and no X1's so far.

I only have two friends with an xb1. One got it day one then turned around and bought a ps4 like a month or two later because of disappointment with the system performance or something like that. I told him the power difference wouldn't stop it from having good games but it's his world. The other is just a diehard xbox guy.

The rest of my friends all have ps4s but I do have a couple coworkers who are CoD/racing/sports guys who game xbox 360 and will probably remain in the xbox ecosystem.

GotBoth said:
Vasto said:
I have 5 gaming friends. 3 of them own Xbox Ones and the other 2 plan on getting one soon. I am the only one that owns both Xbox One and PS4.

Good point.  I'm not saying no one has PS4s.  It just seems no one's "friends" have them (again based solely on what I've read).

Maybe all the PS4 buyers are friendless? 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com