By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Everyone's Friends Have Xbox One's Who are all these people buying PS4s

JPL78 said:
JazzB1987 said:
GotBoth said:
JazzB1987 said:

I don't get it, what kind of games do you like? If you honestly don't like one single game on the system then buying one, discounted or not, wasn't that smart.

edit: if you like RPGs like they are saying above I can whole heartedly recommend Transistor. One of my favorite games this year.

I know that was not the smartest thing to do and thats exactly why i didnt open the box.  I might sell it but im not sure.   I like Transistor but then its available on PC and I do own it on PC, I own like 600 games on steam and most of them are indie. All multiplatform titles that come to PC get auto-disqualified for my PS4 because my PC can run them on par or better the games are cheaper are moddable and have free online. So yeah again I am mostly waiting for first second and third party exclusives. If games are console exclusive without a release on PC I would also buy them on PS4.

Was interested in Killzone (its a shooter I know but its a scifi one and has more than just the two shooter colors brown and grey) but reviews were not that good and friends told me to skip that entry. 

Im pretty sure I would end up buying a PS4 anyway so when I saw it being on sale for 312€ I bought it.

Around the Network

The people that own xbox ones are, primarilly, xbox 360 owners who were/are fans of the xbox platform and microsofts set staple of games, moving on from last gen generally if they did much online gaming it was with friends who owned the same console (no other way to do so), even if they, or their friends owned other consoles last generation, if moving forward they and their friends chose to continue gaming on xbox, then the pack mentality kicks in and people buy based on where they will be able to play with the friends they have.

It's just a general fact that more people have made the switch to PS4, from 360 than PS3 to Xbox One, you will still however find groups, everywhere that socially select a particular console, one group will say, we all own xbox, barely any of us / none of us own playstations, at the same time you'll find plenty of groups that will say barely any of us / none of us own xboxs.

trying to assess the frequency of people owning a system based off of group/pack based statements will get you nowhere.

Because these particular people probably live very sheltered lives and think that their personal experiences are a reflection of what really happens. I have many friends who have the new systems. Some have XBone, most have PS4. Just the way it is.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

JazzB1987 said:
GotBoth said:
JazzB1987 said:
People like me that bought a PS4 because it was discounted. My PS4 is still in its original sealed box and its the 4th week now. (lack of games T.T)

Its the first system I have not touched within the first 24h after buying it.

I find that hard to believe or you are just not a huge gamer. It has games, that argument has been debunked several times.  either that or 9,999,999 people disagree with you

Still sealed and you can see the dust on top of it.

I am a huge gamer and thats the problem. Ports or mainstream games is not what I want. I also dont give a F* about sports games. Bloodborne is something I would play but well its not out yet.

I'll just go with the more amusing assumption that your parents bought it you for christmas/birthday and you dig it out from it's hiding place now and then to remind yourself what you're getting.

Don't worry, so long as you've been nice this year you'll be playing come christmas day / birthday

Pretty much the same for me.

Around the Network

PS4 has 5 million more friends out there today though..

I know 3 people who own a Wii U, 0 people (excluding myself) who own an Xbone, and 0 people who own a PS4.

Currently, out of the gamers I know:

2 people with an X1

8 people with a PS4

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Most of my gaming friends own Xbox Ones. They are mostly die hard Xbox fans who never considered the PS4.

Just today actually one of them posted this on Facebook "Playing any playstation literally puts me in agonizing pain. Im nearly crippled"

One of them has a WiiU right now and will get an Xbox One down the road though I have no idea why he wants one. I don't have any of them yet but I'll be getting a WiiU and a PS4 (though I'm not sure which one will come first)

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.