By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Everyone's Friends Have Xbox One's Who are all these people buying PS4s

Most of my friends have PS4s, but there are a lot (not the majority, but a lot) that also own Xbox Ones. Being a college student, I see a variety of people with different preferences.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
radishhead said:
I've never seen an Xbox One in real life; I know many people with PS4s.

It was only after reading this that I realised I haven't seen an Xbox One in real life either, although I've seen plenty of PS4's too.

To the original poster, a lot of the dudes saying all their frieds have only PS4s in here are European. That would be expected.

GotBoth said:
Vasto said:
GotBoth said:
Vasto said:
I have 5 gaming friends. 3 of them own Xbox Ones and the other 2 plan on getting one soon. I am the only one that owns both Xbox One and PS4.

If "my friends play on xbox" their argument.  Or are they really into snap and kinect.  Because honestly I was PS3 only majority of last gen.  Had 360 early but wasn't intersted in Halo (not generally a shooter guy, well actually I'm no where near a shooter guy) so I sold it and never got it back.  What made me buy an Xbox One is TV integraion and voice control.  Because i knew i would have my PS4 in my man cave for gaming and my Xbox ONe in living room for guest and my wife (she loves voice control and tv integration).  Happy wife happy life

So they must reaaaaally love HALO or are not paying attention.  HALO could come out and give Xbox one a HUGE boost game wise but other than that (or the other of microsofts big 3) I think PS4 into 2015 and beyond wildly trumps Xbox in terms of games.

To be honest the ony thing they care about are the games. The dont care about the kinect, voice, tv or any of the other features.

It a matter of taste and thats always going to be different. Last Gen I owned both Xbox 360 and PS3 and mostly played the Xbox 360 because of the exclusives like Halo, Gears, Fable, Alan Wake and Forza. I tried just about all of PS3 exclusives and just could not get into them.

Xbox One has won 2014 in my house because I have played it more and for the rest of the year its not even a contest. Foraz Horizon 2, Ori And The Blind Forst, Project Spark, Killer Instinct Season 2, Fable Legends Beta, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 Beta ( Yes,  Xbox One players will be playing Halo 5 in 2014 ).

2015 and beyond for Xbox One I will be getting Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Halo 5 Guardians, Phantom Dust ( Huge Fan of the original on Xbox ), Gears Of War, Crackdown and Scalebound if that game turns out good.  This gen for PS4 I currently own Killzone and Infamous and hardly even play them. Next year for PS4 I see Blood Borne and The Order that I will be buying but I dont see anyting else thats so far been announced. I got the PS4 mainly for JRPGs and thats pretty much all I am really looking for on that system.

Areym said:
JazzB1987 said:
GotBoth said:
JazzB1987 said:
People like me that bought a PS4 because it was discounted. My PS4 is still in its original sealed box and its the 4th week now. (lack of games T.T)

Its the first system I have not touched within the first 24h after buying it.

I find that hard to believe or you are just not a huge gamer. It has games, that argument has been debunked several times.  either that or 9,999,999 people disagree with you

Still sealed and you can see the dust on top of it.

I am a huge gamer and thats the problem. Ports or mainstream games is not what I want. I also dont give a F* about sports games. Bloodborne is something I would play but well its not out yet.

Or you are just really damn picky. Why even rush the buy anyways? Gens always start out slow, but right now there are ton of games out (except for RPGs) a "huge gamer" would be a hell of a lot more minded.

I didnt rush at all I was at a store saw a PS4 for 312€ and just bought it. Even with its first price cut it will be at 349€ so it was almost a no-brainer.

I never mentioned the word RPG at all. I just dont care about uberpatriotic shooters or ports or patches that are sold for 60 bucks and are called FIFA or whatever.  The only game out that I cannot play anywhere else I am semi-interested in is Infamous SS but thats not enough for me yet.
Tearaway also wont work for me because its a port of a game I already own.

TBH the 9th month is not really the start of a gen to me.

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:
Areym said:
JazzB1987 said:
GotBoth said:
JazzB1987 said:
People like me that bought a PS4 because it was discounted. My PS4 is still in its original sealed box and its the 4th week now. (lack of games T.T)

I find that hard to believe or you are just not a huge gamer. It has games, that argument has been debunked several times.  either that or 9,999,999 people disagree with you

I am a huge gamer and thats the problem. Ports or mainstream games is not what I want. I also dont give a F* about sports games. Bloodborne is something I would play but well its not out yet.

Or you are just really damn picky. Why even rush the buy anyways? Gens always start out slow, but right now there are ton of games out (except for RPGs) a "huge gamer" would be a hell of a lot more minded.

I didnt rush at all I was at a store saw a PS4 for 312€ and just bought it. Even with its first price cut it will be at 349€ so it was almost a no-brainer.

I never mentioned the word RPG at all. I just dont care about uberpatriotic shooters or ports or patches that are sold for 60 bucks and are called FIFA or whatever.  The only game out that I cannot play anywhere else I am semi-interested in is Infamous SS but thats not enough for me yet.

JazzB1987 said:
Areym said:
JazzB1987 said:
GotBoth said:
JazzB1987 said:

Then what do you want? There are sci-fi shooters, military shooters, platformers, sports, a giant amount of indie titles, adventure, etc. What exactly are you looking for because you have yet to mention it. If you don't want to, that's all good but I think me and a few others are fairly confused on what games constitute, in your opinion, a proper game worthy of opening your console.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Well gaming forums or internet =/= the world, where I live Xbox One hasn't even launched yet lol and there is very few people interested on it since PS3 dominated by a mile here even though it released a year after.

A lot of my friends haven't upgraded yet, but those that did got the PS4.

I know 3 people with XB1's besides myself and 4 people with PS4's. I have only played on the PS4 for a few hours total so far. But, IF I ever made that comment, it was probably in the context of people discussing if they know anybody with a XB1. So, it might not be relevant to say how many people I know that Have a PS4.

It is near the end of the end....