By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why nobody talks about the gorgeous The Order 1886 trailer ?

Ninsect said:
eFKac said:
Ninsect said:
eFKac said:
Looking at the visuals, I don't think Uncharted will top that. It looks so much better than anything I have seen, I just don't believe it. And damn the build the atmosphere perfectly. Gameplay looks stellar as well.

Most impressive trailer of the show for me.

You don't think Naughty Dog will top that? Man, you're going to be surprised.

Yup I genuinely think so. Not if the want to stick to 60fps. As good as the UC4 E3 teaser looked in that "gameplay" angle, even though it was only like 10 seconds so hard to judge the final effect and in different locations, but this Order trailer simply looked visibly better to me.

Better than the teaser? I don't think so. 

Maybe it deserves a re-watch? ;)

I have this teaser on my laptop, highest possible quality and 60fps. Watched it like 50 times since E3

But yeah I stick by my opinion. It looks amazing, not saying otherwise, and Drake's model is probably better than Gallahad even though Gallahad supposedly has like 40k poly's more. 

But the lighting in The Order, how it bounces of the weapons, shadows, the particles in the air, all this paired with the 21:9 ratio, it looks like a damn movie at times. As I said, we've seen too little of UC4 to make a definitive statement, but from what we saw, it just doesn't look as good to me.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

The main attention this game has gotten the last couple times was for its "mediocre gameplay", I'd say that this trailer actually looked really good and made the game also look pretty fun (I think satisfying weapons are extremely important in a shooter and those weapons look very satisfying), so the attention is lower because it's harder to find anything to complain about with this trailer.

Same thing happened when Driveclub started looking really good after several mediocre showings.

Looks crazy. Though I agree that Bloodborne was the real star of the show.

Aerys said:

This trailer made disappear all the fears we could have about the game ( too grey, too repetitive,... ) and showed a very appealing game, the best looking game so far( until Uncharted ) .

what are you talking about ? uncharted was only a teaser.

and yes this does look amazing

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Gameplay finally looks promising. Still not sold on the intrusive QTE's.

Around the Network

Formatted for a cinema wide view?
That is spin for reducing the amount of pixels we have to display to get more out of the hardware....
This game will be all about the visuals with rudimentary game play. It will score 70-75 on metacritic
and be forgotten quickly...

kljesta64 said:

what are you talking about ? uncharted was only a teaser.

and yes this does look amazing

Naughty Dog make some of the most impressive games graphically, he means, and the teaser looked incredible. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

tripenfall said:
Formatted for a cinema wide view?
That is spin for reducing the amount of pixels we have to display to get more out of the hardware.... 

No, that is a bonus. The main reason was to make it more cinematic. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Possible PS4 bundles anyone?

The Fury said:
Rafux said:

Is a TPS with generic mechanics, it brings nothing new to the table, it should at least meet TPS standards and include a fun co-op campaign

The industry is a mess cause you want 8 hours movies instead of fun challenging video games.

Since when is it a TPS standard to include co-op?... sorry a 'fun' co-op. What if they only put on a boring co-op?

Can't remember the last 8 hour movie I bought, probably Uncharted 3 and I didn't even touch the MP part in that. This is the problem, you are claiming that they need to include standard stuff but what if they don't want to include it because it's not part of their idea? What if they have made a 25 hour epic, with indepth customisation, RPG aspects, huge settings, massive boss battles and you dismiss it because it has no multiplayer because you are too scared to play a horror game on your own.

This is why I mentioned entitled consumers thinking they deserve more, maybe, jsut maybe, you should wait and see what the developers are actually making and not dismiss it because of something that's not true. This would be like me not buying the next Assassin's Creed as it hasn't come out in more than a year or because the main protagonist isn't wearing a hood. Rediculous.

The Order is exactly what you see there, gameplay mechanics are generic. Uncharted 3 actually has solid gameplay, a blend of platforming and TPS and the Multiplayer is fucking awesome.

I don't care if a new concept game has no multiplayer but a game thats clearly looking like "Sony's Gears" it should iclude one. CO-OP is always fun, even bad games became fun because of co-op (Resident evil 6)

My main problem with this game is how fucking generic the gameplay look and you can clearly see it in the trailers and read it in previews, RaD wants to make a movie not a video game.