By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why nobody talks about the gorgeous The Order 1886 trailer ?

The Fury said:
Rafux said:

Mass Effect has RPG elements you know, that gameplay mechanic made it different from Gears. The Order has nothing in the gameplay department.

I'll repeat myself: I don't care if a new concept game has no multiplayer but The Order has nothing new in TPS gameplay it should at least has standard co-op

I don't need to play it just look at the trailers and previews.

" let them tell the story they want"

And fuck gameplay right? Story is the most important thing in a video game right?

Thanks god theres a good buch of indie titles on PS4 showing innovation, fun and new ways to play.

But this game isn't even out yet, how do you know there isn't some great part of the game they are not telling you about that will make it different to Gears? You don't. So stop assuming it needs MP.

You know, I'd prefer a good story over MP any day, see Mass Effect 3. By ME3 the gameplay was pretty generic, story crap and MP hacked on. Yet ME2, superb story, great character interaction and still generic gameplay.

Did you ever play Spec Ops The Line? Very generic gameplay, an aweful MP attached to it and one the best stories produced in the 7th Gen. That story alone made up for the other shortcomings in the game because I wanted to see what would happen to the main character I was now starting to despise while playing as him.

The Order is releasing in february I don't think there will be much change by then.

I did play Specs Ops The Line, it was a good retelling of Heart of Darkness but I would never replay it, it actually made me want to read the book (I shamefully haven't yet). On the other hand I replay Hotline Miami all the time a game which basically has no story.

Around the Network

I'm thinking because a load of people are already bored of the game. With how long it has been trickling information, pictures, trailers ect about it, it really should be just about to be released instead of being delayed. The game also looks to be a corridor shooter with interactive quick time events. Who cares if it is "gorgeous", it seems like the gameplay is going to be lacking.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Rafux said:
-Generic gameplay mechanics
-No co-op
-No multiplayer

^this

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ucell said:
The haters are here.

Not like before, after certain company finally showed gameplay of a certain title some haters now are quiet.

sudently QTE , Grey color , " another cover shooter" and " this is too linear and too cinematic " are not a problem anymore xD

Haha yeah, really glad they finally showed that game, made some people speechless

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

i can't say nothing about gameplay, just that it looks normal and like other 3rd person shooters, only time will tell,  in the end it only has to be fun, nothing more..
i couldnt care less about co-op or multiplayer, some games are fun enough in single-player, lets hope this one delivers.

But hell! The graphics looks stunning!!

Around the Network

This game is gonna be amazing.

the game is looking really impressive, day ONE for me :)

I'll talk about it! I think this trailed is finally the one to win me over. Day 1 purchase for me, it looks so fun!

Heavenly_King said:
the game is looking really impressive, day ONE for me :)

Same here.

tripenfall said:
Formatted for a cinema wide view?
That is spin for reducing the amount of pixels we have to display to get more out of the hardware....
This game will be all about the visuals with rudimentary game play. It will score 70-75 on metacritic
and be forgotten quickly...

Less pixels is a bonus, but mostly cancelled out by rendering a wider field of view if done correctly.

For example like this, everything that was rendered in the 1.77 aspect raio is there in the 2.40 plus more detail to the sides. Displaying pixels is not all there is to rendering. So far the gifs suggests they did it right, as in go wide, instead of cutting off the top and bottom (like resident evil remake)

It would be cool if it could render it at 2560x1080, but those tvs are so rare, dunno if they'll ever get popular. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAiVRIV3mfc

Anyway for now this is the first console game to do a full cinemawide view in 1:1 display resolution on standard 1080p sets. Should look great playing this on a projector.