By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why nobody talks about the gorgeous The Order 1886 trailer ?

Impressive visuals, very bland gameplay.. it's gonna be like The Last of Us for me.

Around the Network
Rafux said:

CO-OP is always fun, even bad games became fun because of co-op (Resident evil 6)

Co-op makes bad tolerable, doesn't turn it fun.

Rafux said:
-Generic gameplay mechanics
-No co-op
-No multiplayer

Its better that they do one thing right, rather than just shoehorning another.

Or maybe you want another Tomb Raider like multiplayer, which adds nothing to the game.

Rafux said:

The Order is exactly what you see there, gameplay mechanics are generic. Uncharted 3 actually has solid gameplay, a blend of platforming and TPS and the Multiplayer is fucking awesome.

I don't care if a new concept game has no multiplayer but a game thats clearly looking like "Sony's Gears" it should iclude one. CO-OP is always fun, even bad games became fun because of co-op (Resident evil 6)

My main problem with this game is how fucking generic the gameplay look and you can clearly see it in the trailers and read it in previews, RaD wants to make a movie not a video game.

You've played it? It's good to hear from someone who's played it.

"Sony's Gear" That may be the first time I've heard anyone say that. Was Mass Effect Bioware's Gear? (Was released after and had cover based shooting with weapons).

Personal opinion. I've resently played Dead Rising 2, I didn't let anyone join my game let alone want to play it co-op. I understand where you are coming from, sure Co-op can be fun, I love me some Twisted Metal World Tour or Black co-op but not every game has to have it. Not every game has to have MP.

Let RaD make the game they want, let them tell the story they want without criticising it if you are never going to get it anyway.

Hmm, pie.

The haters are here.

Around the Network
tripenfall said:
Formatted for a cinema wide view?
That is spin for reducing the amount of pixels we have to display to get more out of the hardware....
This game will be all about the visuals with rudimentary game play. It will score 70-75 on metacritic
and be forgotten quickly...

yeesh..so much speculating...calm down the game isnt out yet,

I was already sold. They're just convincing me of which price tag to grab it at. Right now, I'm being nudged above 40$

4 ≈ One

The Fury said:
Rafux said:

The Order is exactly what you see there, gameplay mechanics are generic. Uncharted 3 actually has solid gameplay, a blend of platforming and TPS and the Multiplayer is fucking awesome.

I don't care if a new concept game has no multiplayer but a game thats clearly looking like "Sony's Gears" it should iclude one. CO-OP is always fun, even bad games became fun because of co-op (Resident evil 6)

My main problem with this game is how fucking generic the gameplay look and you can clearly see it in the trailers and read it in previews, RaD wants to make a movie not a video game.

You've played it? It's good to hear from someone who's played it.

"Sony's Gear" That may be the first time I've heard anyone say that. Was Mass Effect Bioware's Gear? (Was released after and had cover based shooting with weapons).

Personal opinion. I've resently played Dead Rising 2, I didn't let anyone join my game let alone want to play it co-op. I understand where you are coming from, sure Co-op can be fun, I love me some Twisted Metal World Tour or Black co-op but not every game has to have it. Not every game has to have MP.

Let RaD make the game they want, let them tell the story they want without criticising it if you are never going to get it anyway.

Mass Effect has RPG elements you know, that gameplay mechanic made it different from Gears. The Order has nothing in the gameplay department.

I'll repeat myself: I don't care if a new concept game has no multiplayer but The Order has nothing new in TPS gameplay it should at least has standard co-op

I don't need to play it just look at the trailers and previews.

" let them tell the story they want"

And fuck gameplay right? Story is the most important thing in a video game right?

Thanks god theres a good buch of indie titles on PS4 showing innovation, fun and new ways to play.

Dgc1808 said:
I was already sold. They're just convincing me of which price tag to grab it at. Right now, I'm being nudged above 40$

Had you played any RAD game before, you would have been sure of buying it at full price like me.

What I mean is, you should play one of the games developed by RAD before and your hype will be (PS)4 times as much ;)

Rafux said:

Mass Effect has RPG elements you know, that gameplay mechanic made it different from Gears. The Order has nothing in the gameplay department.

I'll repeat myself: I don't care if a new concept game has no multiplayer but The Order has nothing new in TPS gameplay it should at least has standard co-op

I don't need to play it just look at the trailers and previews.

" let them tell the story they want"

And fuck gameplay right? Story is the most important thing in a video game right?

Thanks god theres a good buch of indie titles on PS4 showing innovation, fun and new ways to play.

But this game isn't even out yet, how do you know there isn't some great part of the game they are not telling you about that will make it different to Gears? You don't. So stop assuming it needs MP.

You know, I'd prefer a good story over MP any day, see Mass Effect 3. By ME3 the gameplay was pretty generic, story crap and MP hacked on. Yet ME2, superb story, great character interaction and still generic gameplay.

Did you ever play Spec Ops The Line? Very generic gameplay, an aweful MP attached to it and one the best stories produced in the 7th Gen. That story alone made up for the other shortcomings in the game because I wanted to see what would happen to the main character I was now starting to despise while playing as him.

Hmm, pie.