By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta and Devil's Third are a good start.

Mnementh said:
drake_tolu said:

My prediction is that Bayonetta 2 will sell 1.8 million lifetime.

Oh no. It will not reach 1 million, maybe 500K. 750K for Bayonetta 2 would be spectacular in my book and Platinum probably would be very pleased.

You number is impossible. You know the meaning of the word LIFETIME?

750,000 will sell only in 2014...

Not less than 1,2 million lifetime.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
 Hyrule Warriors is much more important than Devil's Third.

I agree on Hyrule Warriors. Might be interesting. If Hyrule Warriors is a success, WiiU could become a good platform for warriors games. Even more Zelda-Warriors or maybe mousou-games based on other Nintendo-franchises (would Metroid Warriors work?). If that happens, WiiU might have a chance to beat PS4 in Japan for lifetime, as it currently stands I think at some point PS4 will overtake WiiU there.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

I agree on Hyrule Warriors. Might be interesting. If Hyrule Warriors is a success, WiiU could become a good platform for warriors games. Even more Zelda-Warriors or maybe mousou-games based on other Nintendo-franchises (would Metroid Warriors work?). If that happens, WiiU might have a chance to beat PS4 in Japan for lifetime, as it currently stands I think at some point PS4 will overtake WiiU there.

Smash Musou incoming.

baloofarsan said:

Would a Ninrtendo funded Beyond Good and Evil attract anyone from PS-Xbox? After all they are still friendly with Ubisoft.

Please, let it happen. Beyond Good and Evil was a great game. Although I fear the game would feel different with too realistic graphics, I hope Ubisoft does it right.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

phaedruss said:
baloofarsan said:

RTS was almost the obvious game type I thought of when I first heard about the gamepad. Would RTS games like Total War, Europa Universalis and Starcraft attract any mature gamers?

Yea where are the SRPGs and RTS's for this thing? I think something like starcraft might be a little much for the gamepad's touchscreen, but something a little less fast-paced might work.

Hmm, Pikmin is there. And I hope for Fire emblem.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
drake_tolu said:

My prediction is that Bayonetta 2 will sell 1.8 million lifetime.

Oh no. It will not reach 1 million, maybe 500K. 750K for Bayonetta 2 would be spectacular in my book and Platinum probably would be very pleased.

How could Platinum or Nintendo be pleased? They would have lost money on both projects.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Stop focusing on the self. You're psychologically directing my point towards yourself. I am talking about the market and the industry. The hack n slash market outside of God of War is dwindling. 

I present to you the sales of the last Platinum exclusive to launch on a Nintendo console exclusively.

I rest my case.

The Wonderful 101 2013 Action Nintendo 0.12 0.05 0.05 0.01 0.22

TW101 is a poor case to make. If you call Bayonetta niche, TW101 is on a whole different level.

....You obviously don't get my point. Bayonetta is becoming niche if it cannot turn a profit with the sales it recieved. If you split up the sales from two consoles to one and put it on the console with the least hype for games of that sort from third parties you've almost doomed it just because Nintendo wants to feel like they are in the party with the competition, when in truth they had been neglecting it for almost almost twenty years.

OttoniBastos said:

They have a cartoonish TPShooter(Metroid)

What?

Experimental42 said:

http://plebegaming.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/bayonetta-and-devils-third-are-a-good-start/

Bayonetta and Devil's third are a good way to start reaching out to "mature" gamers. They offer your typical blood, guts, sex, drugs, and rock and roll you'd expect from PS or XB, and they're exclusives. I'm well aware they don't appeal to your typical Nintendo fans and likely won't go gangbusters in sales, but I think it's smart for Nintendo to reach out for more audiences.

Bayonetta is actually a deceptively good fit for all its unique flares - I could imagine it doing well on the console given that for all its sexual overtones its pure whimsy underneath, backed up by stellar gameplay - there is an argument to be made that it fits that mold (atleast for whimsy) better than Metroid and Fire-Emblem. Devil's Third is another story but I'm not about to say it doesn't suit without seeing more.

Mnementh said:
pokoko said:

Not just Musou games, either, as other developers and publishers might see potental where they noticed none before.  What about a Disgaea style game from Atlus with Zelda or Mario characters?  What about a Vocaloid game from Sega with the Nintendo princesses as idols?  The conventional wisdom is that a bad Nintendo game will out-sell a good third party game on a Nintendo system.  Hyrule Warriors represents a way around that.