By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta and Devil's Third are a good start.

noname2200 said:
outlawauron said:

Once again, you're just completely wrong. Platinum Games owns the IP and is developing the game. Nintendo is just publishing it. Publishing is more than just distribution.

Sega owns the IP, no?

To clear this up from what I understand is Sega own the IP or have a controlling influence on it while PG develop it and have some stake in it, Nintendo however essentially own the rights to the second game meaning for it to be ported every penny from development would have to be refunded as no one wanted to fund the game (it was confirmed to be canned in its concept stage before it was saved), even Sega the IP owners couldn't port it with out permission or paying Nintendo and I think this is what some people mean when they say Nintendo owns the game.

Around the Network
Giggs_11 said:
outlawauron said:

Would it really? Bayonetta 2 doing a million wouldn't be bad, but it'd certainly be disappointing. Series has grown a ton in popularity since the first one came out, it's also on a console that zero competition for that genre.

I don't agree with your reasoning.

1) How come would it be disappointing if Bayo1 sold around 1,8M in a 160M install base consoles? The series can't have grown a popularity higher than those 1,8M sales for sure and I bet 90% of those aren't on Nintendo's consoles. I wouldn't say popularity amongst Nintendo fanbase, but rather curiosity since most probably didn't get to play the 1st.

2) As far as the genre argument, that ain't quite true. And even if it was true, that doesn't equal sales. If a console is missing a genre/as lack of games of certain genre, doesn't mean it will sell if they put a game of that genre on it, means exactly the opposite, that it doesn't sell. WiiU barely has any FPS on it, why? Because publishers aren't happy with those sales. Any FPS selling 1M on WiiU would be a huge success, even though there is a shortage of FPSs on it.

Firstly, Bayonetta wasn't profitable. (Can't image how much money was lost on W101 since that costed MORE than Bayonetta). Second, the series has had great word of mouth and it has had fantastic buzz surrounding it.

How is my genre argument not true? There is no great action games on the Wii U, and please don't say Razor's Edge because it isn't a very good game. Only other title that kinda fits is W101 and it's quality is debatable. Nintendo's fanbase has shown a lot of willingness to buy games in underrepresented genres when pushed by Nintendo. Look at Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube. Pushed a mediocre RPG to 2nd highest selling in the series. There's plenty of examples of this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

noname2200 said:
outlawauron said:

Once again, you're just completely wrong. Platinum Games owns the IP and is developing the game. Nintendo is just publishing it. Publishing is more than just distribution.

Sega owns the IP, no?

Sega owns the rights to the first, but dropped the game. From my understanding, Nintendo picked up where Platinum and Sega left off in exchange for it coming out on Wii U. Nintendo did NOT purchase the IP.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

160rmf said:
Pristine20 said:
160rmf said:
pokoko said:

For a LOT of Playstation/Xbox owners, the lack of genre depth on Nintendo consoles is a major issue. Adding atypical content can only help.

Just give them their yearly FIFA and COD and they will be fine

Stereotype much?  I owned a ps3 almost all it's life and only got COD4. Never played a FIFA game yet there was lots to play. Oh the horror

good for you. Does the word "lot" means something to you? 

Yes, but it wasn't a word you employed

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Mr Khan said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Are you serious? I hate to say it but Time SPlitter was made by the remnants of the Goldeneye team. I'd rather they keep at it then let someone else touch it.

Free Radical, which was absorbed to become Crytek UK.

Thats terrible.