By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AZWification said:

Capcom is pretty damn clueless nowadays regarding everything, so don't be surprised if RE7 turns out to be another garbage Michael Bay style game... :-/

... On mobile!

ColdFire said:

I for one would be all for that, and they certainly do need the money, but isn't that a bit of a catch-22 at this point?  I haven't heard anything lately but unless something has changed, by the time RE8 rolls around, there may not be a Capcom to make it.  Again, I'm a little out of the loop but the last I heard, things weren't looking too good.

Capcom have IP that will sell forever no matter what platform they release on. No chance in Hell that Resident Evil would be no more if Capcom suddenly died off.

MonHun, Res Evil and Street Fighter will always be popular. Even if Capcom totally screw themselves before we see a RE8 (Or even RE7), someone else will pick up the franchise and probably a big chunk of the dev team. Wouldnt surprise me to see a better product too with Capcom out of the picture.
_

On a football game related note, FIFA 15 will be the first ever FIFA title where Ryan Giggs isnt a Manchester United player.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

PS: Super Paper Mario was one of the most disappointing games I played on Wii. Just got Paper Mario from Club Nintendo a few days ago and I really hope I enjoy it more. I've heard a lot of people think TTYD is the best in the series though. 

I'm a fan of all the PM games but the N64 original is one of my favorite games ever made. I really liked everything about it. I hope you enjoy it more :)

AZWification said:

Why?! TTYD had the best of everything among Paper Mario games..... except maybe story!

All other PM games had a certain feel to them I guess. A certain charm if you will. I felt that TTYD lacked that. The story, characters, settings all felt more serious to me. A serious tone isn't always bad but I don't really think that's Paper Mario's strong suit. Plus, the whole curtain thing felt off. I haven't played it in years though so maybe my opinion on it is off...

Mr_No said:

I know the Resident Evil focus was survival horror, but I felt lost at the first chapter and I didn't know what to do.

It can be confusing if you've never played anything like it before.  I confess that the first time I played an RE game, I had to use a guide to figure out where I was supposed to go.  I think it's one of those things that becomes more intuitive with time.  But I suspect that RE lost a lot of people simply because back when it first came out, it was so different from anything else.  I guess that was both a blessing and a curse.  While some of us loved it for its differences, others were no doubt alienated by them.

Mr_No said:

I wouldn't have mind trying it out back in 98. The thing is, when I tried it a few years ago, they lost me with the camera positions. I guess I tried RE2 too late.

Yeah, perhaps.  Unfortunately, I think the camera is just one of those things that you have to get used to.  Oddly enough, I never had a problem with it.  But I can understand how others might.

Mr_No said:

I do have an affinity for fast paced action/adventure games, especially if they are third person. But I also like to take it slow sometimes with the stealth genre. In fact, I'd love to sneak thru a Resident Evil game with nothing more than a silenced Samurai Edge, a knife and minimal armor. I wouldn't mind if the series went back to survival horror again but without the cinematic cameras.

In fact, it's funny you should bring this up.  Take a look at my reply to Rain.  I basically said that I don't see why a modern RE game couldn't cater to both our preferences.

And the stealth genre is an interesting point to bring up, too.  That's actually not a bad analogy for this.  I think that's more of the feel of the classic RE games.  If anything the gameplay is closer to stealth than it is to action.

Mr_No said:

Hehe, and don't worry about your post. It's good to see someone replying with a long post that doesn't start a fight

Start a fight?  Nah, that wasn't my intention.  On the contrary, what's interesting about this discussion is that prior to this, I may have been more dismissive about people who preferred the later RE's, shrugging them off as a bunch of COD dudebros who don't understand any game more cerebral than just shooty-shooty-bang-bang!!

But because it was a friendly discussion and people were able to calmly and intelligently express themselves, I've actually gotten a slightly different perspective on things.  I still prefer the classic gameplay myself, but at least now I have a sense of where others are coming from.  I wouldn't have gotten that if it were all, "OMG!  Old RE sucks!  You must be some kind of fag if you don't like new RE!"  And as I'm sure you know, the internet is full of arguments like that.

Anyway, my point is that it was refreshing to see people able to disagree with relative politeness.  That's kind of a rarity online, and one that gave me a bit of an insight into the differences between the old and the new RE.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

*Sound Of Rain said:
AZWification said:

Why?! TTYD had the best of everything among Paper Mario games..... except maybe story!

All other PM games had a certain feel to them I guess. A certain charm if you will. I felt that TTYD lacked that. The story, characters, settings all felt more serious to me. A serious tone isn't always bad but I don't really think that's Paper Mario's strong suit. Plus, the whole curtain thing felt off. I haven't played it in years though so maybe my opinion on it is off...

I liked TTYD more than 64 because it made the battle system more exciting by introducing Stylish Moves and Super-Guarding.. Oh, and the introduction was MILES better because you know the action commands from the get-go.. I also thought TTYD had more content in general..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Carl2291 said:

Capcom have IP that will sell forever no matter what platform they release on. No chance in Hell that Resident Evil would be no more if Capcom suddenly died off.

Huh!  Ok, fair enough.  I admit to a certain amount of ignorance when it comes to the business side of things.  I don't know exactly what happens when a company goes under, but I'm glad to hear that their IP doesn't necessarily die with them.

ColdFire - The man with no name.

ColdFire said:

Huh!  Ok, fair enough.  I admit to a certain amount of ignorance when it comes to the business side of things.  I don't know exactly what happens when a company goes under, but I'm glad to hear that their IP doesn't necessarily die with them.

THQ had an auction of IP when they died off.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/22/thq-auction-darksiders-red-faction-homeworld/

If Capcom were to go under Id expect something similar.

said:

Sounds good to me.

I don't know.  It's just a thought.  The thing is, there's no longer any reason we can't do both.  Back when the original series came out, sure, it wasn't possible.  But the technical barrier is gone now.  It would be perfectly feasible to create an RE game which at least has a control scheme for both old fans and new

Oh, yes please!  That would be awesome!  Can you imagine a next-gen version of the Nemesis stalking you from one area to another?  Damn!

Oh, they are!  But still, official remakes of 2 and 3 would be sweet!

Remakes of 2 & 3 would be awesome for sure. Nemesis in particular, as you said, would be really interesting with the power of the modern systems.

As for the reboot? I don't mind the over the shoulder view actually. I just want the gameplay to be like the previous games, with a focus on survival. There are not that many games like that anymore, yet we have a ton of Action games, time to bring survival back. The Evil Within is being worked on by the guy who did the or original games, so I might check that out depending on if it has enough content.

Carl2291 said:
ColdFire said:

If that were to happen to Capcom, who would you like to pick up the Resident Evil franchise? And who seems more likely to pick up the franchise?

Mr_No said:
Carl2291 said:

If that were to happen to Capcom, who would you like to pick up the Resident Evil franchise? And who seems more likely to pick up the franchise?

I see konami being able to handle the franchise well. + both Capcom and Konami are mainly japanese companies.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.