By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - LeBron James Chooses the Cleveland Cavaliers!!!

iceboy151 said:
Chris Hu said:
iceboy151 said:
I just woke up and saw this thread, I thought it was a joke. I'm a little shocked, never did I think he would go back to Cleveland. So I guess all the people who hated him will now love him.

Pretty much, but even with LeBron they are not title condenters anytime soon.  So I guess Bosh will go to Houston now and the Mavs will probably end up with Chandler Parsons.

I'd sure hope so!

I hope so also since re building using the lottery is still pretty much a crapshoot sometimes you get lucky but a lot of times you end up failing and the Mavs had more failures then successes in the lottery. 

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
EspadaGrim said:
Chris Hu said:

Not sure if the NBA is really #2 but they are for sure not #5 that would be MLS.

Actually i think that it's 1.NFL 2.MLB 3.NBA 4.NHL 5.MLS

Nope College Football and Nascar are ahead of the NBA and the NHL will soon pass the NBA. NBA is falling because of AAU, One and doners, and the fact that they have no intellegent players as the face of their product. Tim Duncan should be the face of the NBA. 5 NBA titles graduates, played at Georgia Tech until he was a Senior, and is fundmentally the best player period. Until that changes the NBA is dying.

Actually Duncan went to Wake Forest but I agree that he should be face of the NBA.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:
DolPhanTendo said:
This right here proves je is a self center EGOtistical jack ass and is the reason NBA is 5th most popular sport here in the U.S. This puts him no where near Jordan comparison and Damn I cant stand him.

Care to explain? By the way, the NBA is #2.

Not sure if the NBA is really #2 but they are for sure not #5 that would be MLS.

NFL>>>>>>>>> All     By far

DolPhanTendo said:
burninmylight said:

But he has two finals MVP awards... You woudn't know though, because you don't watch basketball. You still think baseball and NASCAR are more popular. Do you still check the paper for last night's box scores?

Last time i checked Dwaye Wade is the winner not LeBron. LeBron jumped on Wades coattails to get him some rings. Wade has one more then him. And sorry NBA since 03 has been falling off in popularity due to players like Lebron thank the AAU for that. It is the 5th most popular. T.V. ratings dont tell the story attendence does. And bad teams do not get more then 10, 000 unless you are the Celtics even MSG doesnt sellout anymore that should tell you something

Then you need to check again, more than once every nine years:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9409188/2013-nba-finals-lebron-james-named-nba-finals-mvp

No, TV ratings tell the story. If you've followed business in the past nine years, you'd know that every sports league values TV revenue more than ticket sales these days. There's way more money in TV contracts than attendance.

Just so you know, average attendance in every sport is down, while average TV ratings are up. It's not an NBA thing, it's a modern times thing.

EDIT: How could I forget, LeBron was also the season MVP for those two finals runs. Still think it was Wade's team?

"And in a season when he was the league's MVP for a fourth time, he has now added a second ring to the collection. Suddenly, his resume is looking as complete as some of the other all-time greats. Here's a club: He joined Michael Jordan and Bill Russell as the only players in league history to win back-to-back Finals MVPs and regular-season MVP awards"

DolPhanTendo said:
This right here proves je is a self center EGOtistical jack ass and is the reason NBA is 5th most popular sport here in the U.S. This puts him no where near Jordan comparison and Damn I cant stand him.

5th most popular sport?

Too good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
I guess he's content with 2 rings then.

I guess so even if they get Love I can't see Cleveland winning a title anytime soon.

Yeah, they might have the worst front office next to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Chris Hu said:
BeElite said:
good decision, he makes amends.

Melo needs to man up and sign with bulls and win a championship.

Even with Melo the Bulls are nowhere close to being a contender.  Anyway regardless of what else happens for the rest of the free agent period the Spurs are going do something they haven't done before and re peat as champions. 

I wouldn't say nowhere close. They got the #1 seed in 2011 and 2012, and won 75% of their games those years, with very similar pieces to what they have now. No Derrick Rose can be attributed to their slide in 2013 and 2014 (slide being used loosely, because 48 wins is still pretty good), but they were still a #5 seed in 2013 and a #4 seed in 2014. They could have very well made it to the ECF in 2013 with different seeding, but they ran into that 27-game winning streak Heat team in the conference semis, with no Rose.

Put Melo in with a healthy D-Rose, plus the pieces they have right now that still make them a  factor in the Eastern Conference? I'd consider them a contender.

burninmylight said:
soulfly666 said:
Not going to lie, I think this whole thing is HILARIOUS.

I think the people in this thread are hilarious, because most of them  have no clue to what they are talking about.

Exactly my thoughts after reading some of the posts in this thread. Obviously this is a gaming and not an NBA dedicated forum but still...

Anyways, glad he went back to Cleveland. Will be a feel good story for many years to come if he can lead them to a championship in the next years.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

chocoloco said:
Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Care to explain? By the way, the NBA is #2.

NFL>>>>>>>>> All

Totally agree that almost all the games are available on regular TV also helps a lot.  Gonna be even better in the upcoming season since most of the Thurdsday night games will be on CBS.  Its probably also the fasted growing sport when it comes to popularity overseas especially in Europe which will probably have at least one team pretty soon.

Chris Hu said:
DolPhanTendo said:
EspadaGrim said:
Chris Hu said:

Actually i think that it's 1.NFL 2.MLB 3.NBA 4.NHL 5.MLS

Nope College Football and Nascar are ahead of the NBA and the NHL will soon pass the NBA. NBA is falling because of AAU, One and doners, and the fact that they have no intellegent players as the face of their product. Tim Duncan should be the face of the NBA. 5 NBA titles graduates, played at Georgia Tech until he was a Senior, and is fundmentally the best player period. Until that changes the NBA is dying.

Actually Duncan went to Wake Forest but I agree that he should be face of the NBA.

There it is i knew it wasnt Georgia Tech, Wake Forest thanks