By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - LeBron James Chooses the Cleveland Cavaliers!!!

Chris Hu said:

Not sure if the NBA is really #2 but they are for sure not #5 that would be MLS.

Actually i think that it's 1.NFL 2.MLB 3.NBA 4.NHL 5.MLS

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
I'm very shocked. Even with all the rumors, I didn't see any real good reason to leave Miami as it was a team that could stay a championship contender.Cleveland is surely a playoff team now, but I wouldn't say a legit championship contender yet. The whole team isn't at the level Miami had been the last three seasons. But if the Kevin Love trade goes through, they will be. But still some concern for the bench.

Now for Miami, If they don't sign any big name then they will likely return to their pre big three era where they couldn't get passed the first round, and 5-6th seed. They can wait but I'd say offer Gasol and Deng short term 10m deals, and convince Bosh to stick around. All in all Heat can still make moves and get this look.
Starters: Gasol, Bosh, Deng, Wade, Chalmers
Bench: Granger, Anderson, Allen, Cole, McRobberts, Oden, Beasley, Napier.

They way Chalmers performed during the playoffs its probably a good move to get rid of him ASAP.  Actually I just check he is not under contract for next season I wouldn't resign him.

burninmylight said:
DolPhanTendo said:
burninmylight said:
DolPhanTendo said:
brighat said:
Why does the NBA have this obsession with having Cleveland being home to the elite? Seems like th  power in their league. Two consecutive wins in the lottery itnd now LeBron? Somethhut ing screwy is going on...

NBA has been fixed for years reason why i havent watched a game in 9 years

So you haven't watched is  game in almost a decade, yet you feel qualiyoufied to discuss it.

Why would the NBA be obsessedCleveland  Cleveland? No one can just accept that the lottery may be possibly, unbelievable, improbably RANDOM. There will be some that are extremely lucky, and some that are cursed. Normal sports fans say the NBA is biased toward large markets. This is the first I've ever heard someone say the NBA is biased toward little ass Cleveland.

Also, what is so unbelievable about LeBron wanting to go back to where he started? Get this people: HE'S NOT A ROBOT! He's a human being. You think he's not self-aware? He's very concious of all the venom and vitriol sent his way the past few years after The Decision. He's very aware of how he left the Cavs in shambles. He's very much tied to the community in Akron, where he spent his entire life before the NBA. His wife wants to raise their family in Ohio, close to home and family.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha. Hold on Hahahahahahaha. Dude wanted to be HOME then he should of stayed 4 years ago. Its been only 4 years and he left because he cant LEAD teams to championships.*see Tim Duncan. This guy Lebron has been annointed by MEDIA AND PRESS  the greatest since high school so he feels he can do whatever he wants with no reprecutions. The guy thinks he is the NBA reason why he has ellobarted decisons on where he is going. When Clevland never wins he will go down in history as one of the biggest turds. NO WAY NEAR JORDAN STATUS

But he has two finals MVP awards... You woudn't know though, because you don't watch basketball. You still think baseball and NASCAR are more popular. Do you still check the paper for last night's box scores?

Last time i checked Dwaye Wade is the winner not LeBron. LeBron jumped on Wades coattails to get him some rings. Wade has one more then him. And sorry NBA since 03 has been falling off in popularity due to players like Lebron thank the AAU for that. It is the 5th most popular. T.V. ratings dont tell the story attendence does. And bad teams do not get more then 10, 000 unless you are the Celtics even MSG doesnt sellout anymore that should tell you something

VanceIX said:
burninmylight said:
VanceIX said:
burninmylight said:

Oh, so we're talking about giving him the max (or near max) contract while still fielding two other all stars in this situation? Then outside of Houston, nobody except the team he's leaving. Cleveland ain't got two all stars. Love is a Timberwolf last time I checked, and the T-wolves still have him for another year if they so please. Therefore, they decide where he goes, if he goes this offseason. And like I said in another post, Cleveland can't have Kyrie , LeBron and Love all on max deals.

They can if they trade Wiggins for Love, which they are actually considering, according to some sources. Even if they don't, they have an insane front-court with Irving and Wiggins (assuming they move him to SG), and Lebron in the back. They also have what is essentially an unprotected lottery pick this year from Miami. They are easily the best team in terms of potential, period.

It's not about talent-for-talent trades so much as it is about salary and going over the cap. We really can't have this discussion until we know what LeBron will sign for, but assuming he signs for the max (which he has stated he wants), and Love wants to sign for the max (which he has stated he wants), then Cleveland has a serious game of salary-cap-Tetris in front of it.

Kyrie still has one more year of rookie salary before his huge deal kicks in, so that's what would allow any of this to possibly work. But after next year, assuming Cleveland were to keep Kyrie and land LeBron and Love, it's salary cap would be astronomical for such a small market, superstars or not. We're talking Brooklyn Nets territory, and most owners would never want to foot that bill.

But like I said, we'll know a lot more once contracts start becoming a bit more concrete. The NBA salary cap for next year was just set to be around $62 million a couple of days ago. If two guys are taking up more than half of that, then there's not much else you can do around them.

Seeing as that through a trade the Cavs can in fact sign Love to a max contract, I don't see why it's not possible. And why would you assume that Gilbert wouldn't want to pay the luxury tax? They'll make up all of it and more just by having Love, Lebron, and Irving on the same team. Win a couple of championships, and watch the sponsorships come through.

Yes, they can sign him through a trade because THEY CAN ONLY ACQUIRE HIM THROUGH A TRADE. HE IS NOT A FREE AGENT, HE IS UNDER CONTRACT FOR ONE MORE SEASON. But that doesn't mean that things will magically matchup moneywise, because they still have to pay 10-13 other guys, two of them being other max guys.

Also, why are you assuming Gilbert would go astronomically over the cap when he has never done it before? Why are the Knicks (NY), Nets (NY), Lakers (LA) and Mavs (Dallas) the only teams willing to go way above the cap year after year if it was so easy to make back the money? I could go into several reasons why, but I just don't feel like it at the moment, mayber later. It's really easy for us to sit here and spend other people's money, but that's why we're not billionaires, and they are.

I guess he's content with 2 rings then.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
burninmylight said:

No, Kobe didn't get out because he was still under contract. If he was a UFA, he would have been gone. He didn't soften his stance until the team acquired Pau Gasol in his prime.

Jordan came back from baseball as a Bull, and his second retirement was as a Bull. And given the state of the Bulls at the time, I'm pretty sure they would have welcomed him back a third time.

Show me where Kareem said he didn't like the city of Milwaukee. He's always been classy with his public comments toward the city. Within the past couple of years, he's tried to get back in the organization as a head coach, in the front office and even part of an ownership group:

http://www.brewhoop.com/2014/3/18/5523728/kareem-abdul-jabbar-milwaukee-bucks-ownership-group-herb-kohl

I'm a huge Bucks fan, dude. I visit a Bucks blog daily and chat with people who have been fans much longer than myself. He left Milwaukee because he just flat out wanted to be in a bigger market in a more progressive city, and he knew he'd still be part of a championship squad. History and the media been graciously kind enough to forget the Milwaukee portion of his legacy, just like it usually is with its superstar darlings, and as it will be one day with LeBron.

Exactly. He left because he didn't want to live in a city that didn't fit his lifestyle.

And people use trade threats to force teams to get better. If Kobe was serious, the Lakers would have traded him instead of getting better. Lebron didn't even give the Heat that chance.

So back to my point, why do you hold him in a higher regard than LeBron? At least LeBron left Cleveland mostly for basketball reasons .

I don't know how sincere he is with all the emotional stuff and I don't really care.

However, in terms of logical decision making, I think he picked the best path. The setup the Heat had will only be successful if you have a fair number of players willing to be unselfish. The stars might align for awhile but we're dealing with egos and money; these guys will eventually want to get paid. When that happens, you end up with a situation where your bench and your role players are bottom of the barrel and you're completely dependent on your stars.

Miami did the equivalent of taking steroids--they got big really fast but in doing so, they ended up with back acne and shriveled testicles. Wait, where was I going with this analogy? Oh, right, the Miami brass had to know that when things fell apart, it would leave them a complete wreck. That's why I have no sympathy for them.

Cleveland, on the other hand, can be really good in a few years. They have young talent and they have money to spend.

Smart move, BronBron.

Chris Hu said:
iceboy151 said:
I just woke up and saw this thread, I thought it was a joke. I'm a little shocked, never did I think he would go back to Cleveland. So I guess all the people who hated him will now love him.

Pretty much, but even with LeBron they are not title condenters anytime soon.  So I guess Bosh will go to Houston now and the Mavs will probably end up with Chandler Parsons.

I'd sure hope so!

adriane23 said:
I guess he's content with 2 rings then.

I guess so even if they get Love I can't see Cleveland winning a title anytime soon.

EspadaGrim said:
Chris Hu said:

Not sure if the NBA is really #2 but they are for sure not #5 that would be MLS.

Actually i think that it's 1.NFL 2.MLB 3.NBA 4.NHL 5.MLS

Nope College Football and Nascar are ahead of the NBA and the NHL will soon pass the NBA. NBA is falling because of AAU, One and doners, and the fact that they have no intellegent players as the face of their product. Tim Duncan should be the face of the NBA. 5 NBA titles graduates, played at Georgia Tech until he was a Senior, and is fundmentally the best player period. Until that changes the NBA is dying.