By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - LeBron James Chooses the Cleveland Cavaliers!!!

Chris Hu said:
Scisca said:
I think he did the right thing. If I was him I'd rather play with Kyrie and Wiggins than Wade and Bosh. Nothing against Bosh, who is an elite player (though if I was him, I'd rather go to Houston and compete instead of staying in Miami and never competing again. A lineup of Beverly, Harden, Parsons, Bosh and Howard would be a monster in the Playoffs), but D-Wade is becoming Dead-Weight due to his knees.

The story about coming home is a great excuse to jump shit to a better team. Now I'm just wondering what Wiggins, Bennett and Waiters are going to show this season and the next one (which should be the one in which they get a legitimate shot at the title). It's also interesting which big guys are they gonna have. Cause the little guys look incredible. Kyrie-Dellavedova, Wiggins-Waiters, James-Bennett. Now just the PF and C spot to fill, though LBJ can obviously play some PF. They say they may trade Wiggins for Love... I don't know how I feel about it, but Love is a good player...

Looks like he might only stay in Cleveland for one year since he as a opt out clause in his current contract.  Doubt he will really stay with Cleveland for the rest of his career or he would have signed a longer deal then just a two year contract.  My guess is if things don't turn out well next season he will opt out and if he doesn't come close to another title in the next two years he will sign with someone else in two years.

No way man, no way. Read comments about it. The contract is for two years, because in 2 years the cap is supposed to grow significantly and he'll be able to sign a much bigger deal in terms of $$$. It's only about money, he knows there is no way for him to move away from Cleveland and no need to actually. He has to work on his heritage at this point, he has to make sure the Cavs retire his number, etc. He can't afford leaving the team now and it wouldn't make sense either way. The Cavs are the biggest magnet in the league now for free agents just like Miami was, but with a much, much larger champioship window. He's being a businessman, not securing a way out.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Well will see but I highly doubt he will stay with Cleveland the rest of his career.  Also his number is going to be retired by Cleveland regarless of if he stays or not Miami will retire his number also once he is done playing.

LudicrousSpeed said:
prayformojo said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
prayformojo said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
The mindless hate Lebron gets is funny. And haha @ comparing him to situations like Tim Duncan, who was drafted onto an elite team, or Jordan, who by the time he was on the Bulls as long as Lebron was on the Cavs, had Phil and Scottie. Or Kobe, who not only bitched and whined to the media wanting a trade when his front office was slacking, but he actually manipulated his draft to go to a better team. And yeah Kobe is still a Laker. Probably because... you know, theyre the only team that would pay him 20+ million a year still. Kobe would be dumb to turn that down.

This is why people hate when it comes to Lecramp. 

Michael Jordan's stats in the 1993 finals through five games (29 years old)
31 pts, 5 ast, 7 trb
42 pts, 9 ast, 12 trb
44 pts, 6 ast, 9 trb
55 pts, 4 ast, 8 trb
41 pts, 7 ast, 7 trb

Won finals MVP and third straight NBA title 4-2.

Lebron James stats in the 2014 finals through five games (29 years old)
25 pts, 3 ast, 6 trb
35 pts, 3 ast, 10 trb
22 pts, 7 ast, 5 trb
28 pts, 2 ast, 8 trb
31 pts, 5 ast, 10 trb

Lost in the NBA finals 1-4.

He should NOT be getting the hype he gets based on his play. He's a good player, but that's it.

Oh ok, so because cherry picked stats from one playoff series dont match cherry picked stats from the GOAT on a different team with a different opponent in a different system in a different era, he can't be a great player. Thanks.

Stats don't lie. Hype does.

Misleading, hand picked stats collected to suit a petty agenda certainly do lie :)

This is all you need to know about how prayformojo feels about the NBA:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6394761

The Heat signing Luol Deng as a replacement for James is actually a pretty good move depending on who else they sign to fill out the roster they actually could be halfway decent so no train wreck.  Also glad that the Mavs got Parsons they should be slightly better next season then they where last season even though it looks like they will be not as deep.

burninmylight said:

LOL that'd good. I still think the guy claiming Lebron is just an egotistical ass nowhere near Jordan yet also admits he hasn't watched a single game in 9 years (which means he hasn't seen Lebron since his 2nd season) takes the cake for best posts of the thread. Don't forget NBA is the 5th most popular sport in the US behind NFL, NHL, MLB, and idk I guess fucking Nascar.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
burninmylight said:

LOL that'd good. I still think the guy claiming Lebron is just an egotistical ass nowhere near Jordan yet also admits he hasn't watched a single game in 9 years (which means he hasn't seen Lebron since his 2nd season) takes the cake for best posts of the thread. Don't forget NBA is the 5th most popular sport in the US behind NFL, NHL, MLB, and idk I guess fucking Nascar.

Well this is VGChartz, where people who have  normally have no interest in something suddenly become experts on the matter whenever big news drops. At first I thought it just applied to gaming around here, but I guess it's with everything. :)

LBJ in his last year at Cleveland the team win 61 games.
Next year without him they won 19 games...

MJ in 1993 with the Bulls they won 59 games
Bulls in 1994 without MJ they won 57 games

Just proof Jordan's team was always far superior to LeBron's, same with coaching.

LeBron and Iverson are the only two players in history that I know of to literrally carry a team full of scrubs to the playoffs.

MJ is no doubt the better finisher though. For whatever reason LeBron will not just shoot his heart out when his team needs it. He still tries to to pass and assist teammates.

MJ and Kobe are the biggest ball hogs in the past two decades T_T
They are like me when I am playing 2k and take 70% of my team's shots.

Sharpryno said:

LBJ in his last year at Cleveland the team win 61 games.
Next year without him they won 19 games...

MJ in 1993 with the Bulls they won 59 games
Bulls in 1994 without MJ they won 57 games

Just proof Jordan's team was always far superior to LeBron's, same with coaching.

LeBron and Iverson are the only two players in history that I know of to literrally carry a team full of scrubs to the playoffs.

MJ is no doubt the better finisher though. For whatever reason LeBron will not just shoot his heart out when his team needs it. He still tries to to pass and assist teammates.

MJ and Kobe are the biggest ball hogs in the past two decades T_T
They are like me when I am playing 2k and take 70% of my team's shots.

Jordan was less of a ball hog he has a higher per game career assist average 5.3 versus 4.8 and I know for a fact that he at least once passed up the ball in the finals to let someone else make the series clinching final shot.