By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Chart - 05 July 2014

Raziel123 said:
KLXVER said:

The XB1 hasnt officially been released i my country, but it still has been available to buy in stores for many months now.

Same for mine, but that's not the same thing. Only a few select stores stock it and the pricing is never competitive due to importing. Plus, these countries are gonna get 2 free games at 399.99€ bundles

what importcosts in europe? we have no borders, and u can sell your product in every EU country if u are allowed to sell it in one...

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
Raziel123 said:
KLXVER said:

The XB1 hasnt officially been released i my country, but it still has been available to buy in stores for many months now.

Same for mine, but that's not the same thing. Only a few select stores stock it and the pricing is never competitive due to importing. Plus, these countries are gonna get 2 free games at 399.99€ bundles

what importcosts in europe? we have no borders, and u can sell your product in every EU country if u are allowed to sell it in one...

Not every european country is in the EU. Russia for instance.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

So I'm not sure if anyone has done this yet and if so I apologize, but I added up the weekly hardware totals for the weeks ending June 7 to June 28. The totals are as follows:
PS4: 412,761
Wii U: 286,520
XB1: 236,039
I realize that this excludes the final two days of June, but I don't know how to get that data. Still, I think these numbers are pretty interesting.

Mnementh said:
generic-user-1 said:
Raziel123 said:
KLXVER said:

Not every european country is in the EU. Russia for instance.

Most of european gamers are in the E.U.

generic-user-1 said:

Stores still have to buy it from somewhere, and it's not from MS. It doesn't make much difference but it does matter

besides... XB1 + TF + Kinect was 550€... versus XB1 + Forza 5 + Fifa 15 at 399.99€..in every store instead of just a few; what do you think will sell more?

Around the Network

If Vgchartz number are accurate,NPD will be very close with PS4 winning.

I don't think this numbers are right though.

I still donno about those NA Xbone numbers. I regularly walk through all my local stores that carry consoles, and the Xbone section is always packed full to the point of seeming over stocked, while the PS4 (and even the WiiU now) always only have 1 or 2 left. I'd be surprised if was actually much more than 35,000..

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Yeah, Wii U is holding up pretty nicely. Way better than last year. Hope it continues

1doesnotsimply

Arkaign said:
NobleTeam360 said:
bluemd said:
My 2 cents: xbone overtracked in us the last three weeks. Otherwise on amazon the xbone wouldn't have been so low in bestsellers chart all these weeks and this also would explain the 75$ offer for Xbox 360 customers.

-__- apparently Amazon = every retailer in the North America now.

It's not just Amazon, Best Buy and GameStop charts also have shown XB1 to be WELL behind PS4 on their charts aside from the ~2 day boost on $399 launch.

That's just icing on the cake though, Amazon charts have accurately predicted PS4 v XB1 gap every month this year. 100% accuracy.

How often this year has VGC overtracked XB1?

A SHITTON, that's how often. So often that it would be FAR more amazing if XB1 WASN'T overtracked.

Sorry if that seemed hostile, I don't mean it that way in the least. But yeah, Amazon charts have shown to be an order of magnitude more accurate in relation to XB1 sales than VGC has for 2014.

february --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-02/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

ps4: place 3

xbox one: place 23

npd sales february:

ps4: 285k

xbox one: 258k

january --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-02/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

ps4: place 3

xbox one: place 16

npd sales january:

ps4: 290k

xbox one: 145k

just as a guess

ryuzaki57 said:
mii-gamer said:
I still can't trust these numbers, but damn - Xbox one is so fucked if it was true, Nintendo has positive momentum on its side - and a strong exclusive line up leading up towards the holiday (1) - I can see the Wii U pulling ahead worldwide

The 3DS is returning to it's beast mode. I reckon it will easily beat the ps4 for the rest of the yeaar

1. What? Look at the preorder chart, Nintendo exclusives are behind most Xbone multiplats

2. Definitely not given the barren 3DS line-up. And PS4 is 4 times as expensive as 3DS, so it would need to outsell it 4:1 to "beat" it

That second statement is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. First of all, the 3DS is $170 and the XL is $200. So the PS4 is not 4 times as expensive. And when the hell has a console needed to outsell another console by a certain ratio based on price difference? Does that mean this whole time that we've been comparing sales figures for the PS4 and XBOXONE, we should have been comparing them using the fact that the PS4 should have to outsell the XBOXONE 5:4? Didn't think so.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.