By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Chart - 05 July 2014

Arkaign said:
Those '30 countries' will probably sell less XB1's than Illinois or Florida. And not by a small margin. Why? They're already available en masse, and even the surrounding regions of greater Europe are a bloodbath for XB1, nor did the 360 (massively more successful in Europe vs XB1 in terms of market share) do well in those areas.

Those are '2nd tier' countries for a reason. ~5k/week in those regions combined in terms of a boost would be HUGELY impressive. More likely, it won't show as a boost at all, the 'official' sales trickle will simply replace the 'import' sales trickle.

He knows it but let him dream.

NPD will already be wake up call

Around the Network

Dat Baseline...

padib said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

Yokia Watch 2 should keep it ahead for a while destiny should boost it then smash bros will boost 3ds past ps4 again then ps4 will beat it untill pokemon then its over(im sorry but pokemon can not be stopped

Agreed.

MH4G comes out in japan on Oct 11! SSB comes out in japan Sept 13th and everywhere else on Oct 3rd

binary solo said:
SjOne said:
Wii U is keeping on par with XBOne and 3DS outselling PS4 gives the vibe that the tides are turning. Although PS3 outselling both next gen consoles in Europe is still hilarious

Except Wii U and Xb one sales are both not that great, and PS4 and 3DS are not direct competitors. So 3DS selling more than PS4 doesn't really say much about either console's sales situation; except that both are selling far below the last gen leader at the same time in their cycles.

How could anything sell more than Wii at the same time? it was a phenomenon. I don't have the figures but I bet even PS2 didn't sell as much as Wii at the same time.

binary solo said:
SjOne said:
Wii U is keeping on par with XBOne and 3DS outselling PS4 gives the vibe that the tides are turning. Although PS3 outselling both next gen consoles in Europe is still hilarious

Except Wii U and Xb one sales are both not that great, and PS4 and 3DS are not direct competitors. So 3DS selling more than PS4 doesn't really say much about either console's sales situation; except that both are selling far below the last gen leader at the same time in their cycles.

They're doing better than earlier this year that's a start. It's not 70k-80k baseline but its a start. But Sonys dominance in Europe on consoles is undisputed. 3DS isn't even selling as great as GBA did but its still impressive when you consider all the doom and gloom it had early on. And PS4 won't sell as FAST as Wii did but it'll sell LONGER than Wii did after initial 4 years

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
daredevil.shark said:

PS4 dropped sharply. Overall home consoles are sufferening because lack of good games. I hope TLoU R gives PS4 a boost.

-6K is dropping sharply?

Everyone lots their mnids if the PS4 drops below 100k ;). Btw haven't seen you around in while. Nice to see you back in the forums.

Raziel123 said:
KLXVER said:
Raziel123 said:
Pull ahead? It's not gonna happen.. A few weeks here and there maybe but Wii U will be 3rd the rest of the year (and forever, really)

Why are you so certain of this?

Library. Too many big games not coming to Wii U

Too many big games not coming for X1/PS4 :P

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

vivster said:
Certainly looks like a new base

I just can't believe that. Let's wait for some more weeks. I fully expected the WiiU to fall again to Vota-death-levels, maybe a bit better (30-35K). If it settles at 60K or even 50K it would be indeed a big improvement.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

fleischr said:
Is Xbox One's pricecut really working? We always knew it had an advantage in NA -- but it still is coming in behind PS4.

I would say its not working because its selling about with Kniect(with the exception the last couple weeks of May) as it has without it.

Augen said:
PS4 holding the 1:1 NA and 2:1 EU very well, be curious if my 10:1 in JP holds as well come September.

1000 X1 per week in Japan? Hmm, may be true.