By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Chart - 05 July 2014

ryuzaki57 said:
mii-gamer said:

1. There are more game obviously,  but these are the bigger titles, many with some serious hardware selling power. I could mention skylanders, disney infinite, sonic boom, theatryhtm curtain call, lego baman 2, tenkai nights. Regardless of their region, the 3DS has systems seller that is FACT - you can't spin it buddy

This whole bunch of mainly ports/remakes/niche games isn't going to move a lot of hardware

yeah thats pokemon,smash bros, and yokia watch 2's job(1 million first day in japan)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

3DS Pokemon + affordable price point is going to be HUGE.

Also, am I the only one who doesn't see a competition between mobile and console? I don't really see either one 'taking' from the other outside of massive momentum shifts like in Japan, but that honestly seems a one-off.

wait i just remembered did kotaku re do their wii u review last week if they did it gave wii u a small boost :) (if true)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

kowenicki said:
Arkaign said:
kowenicki said:
maverick40 said:
Removing Kinect did nothing for the Xbox one. Should have kept it in.

er... they did.

I think he means they should have made the $399 price WITH the Kinect (and with the various bundle offers such as Forza or Titanfall).

We'll know at NPD in less than a week if that's true. I'm betting VGC is overtracking the XB1 considerably once again.

and PS4 again probably too.

Could very well be, but that would indicate that Amazon/GameStop/Best Buy gaps aren't as large as they appear.

We will know soon. PS4 overtracking on VGC has been HUGELY less common than XB1 ovetracking on VGC. In fact, PS4 is just as often undertracked on VGC.

celador said:
sales2099 said:

You mean the one official price cut in UK (which was overpriced anyway to be honest) and you mean the 3rd party multiplat that was given away that boosted X1 sales and really hurt EA's profits more then anything?

Breaking promises? Because they have been doing right by their fans this entire year so far with policy shifts (no apps behind gold paywall, Games for Gold X1, solid firmware updates). Don't know what console war you are following.

All this within 8 months of release (not long at all given the length of these gens) and before their approx. 30 countries to launch in come September. Sooooooo that said, 35k gap before September is just fine. I just think you are making it look worse because you prefer the gap to be bigger then 35k.

Titanfall helped X1 get ahead of PS4 for one week.  And it was given away.  One week

They have done plenty of good things in the last year, but they break their major promise, if Sony did the same you would heavily critcize them.

And once again, these 30 territories launching in September are all countries that are either small, Sony dominated, or both.  If you need to ignore all these things and tell yourself that China will make a difference, or 30 territories in September will make a difference or any of the many other things that were meant to be 'gamechangers' for the X1 will make a difference, then go ahead.  I think you ae trying to make it look better than it is because after all that MS has done to try to improve things, X1 sales are still only 50% of PS4s

All that Titanfall stuff predated the $399 sku, but it made X1 competitive regardless for the month. By brekaing their major promise, do you mean keeping kinect? Because that is one promise people, myself included, are glad they broke. Just saying we have yet to see X1's baseline until September. Maybe it'll go up 5k, maybe more. Just seems premature to judge things as they stand right now.

50%? That is neither the weekly percentage here nor is that the lifetime percentage. Don't round up, it aint cool ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
padib said:
CGI-Quality said:
KLXVER said:
CGI-Quality said:

I believe that's still the same (or damn well close to it). The only one that looks to have gotten a substantial update is the 3DS.

Wasnt the XB1 at about 72k at first last week?

If so, I don't recall, but then that would make the updaetd numbers really bad, considering that's still close to the removal of Kinect.

There's no basis for your prediction, you should at least list some reasons. He listed a few very important games on the 3DS at least in Japan and some in US (Smash bros), you might want to also list what you think will cause the PS4 to beat the 3DS.

Yokia Watch 2 should keep it ahead for a while destiny should boostps4 pass  it then smash bros will boost 3dsand make  it  past ps4 again then ps4 will beat it untill pokemon then its over(im sorry but pokemon can not be stopped

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

PS4 holding the 1:1 NA and 2:1 EU very well, be curious if my 10:1 in JP holds as well come September.

Didn't XB1 come closer to PS4 in Feb vs. March? I think it did. That does seem to indicate that Titanfall $449 SKU failed its purpose (unless one argues that it would have done much worse without its existence).

As for the $399 bare SKU, at this point it seems that $399 kinect+game bundle would have been smarter, along with a $329 Kinectless SKU for those that refuse to buy Kinect.

We'll know for sure in 6 days anyway. May was amazingly bad, and many presumed that it was simply due to sales moving from May to June for a hopeful baseline boost in market share. All will be revealed at NPD.

SjOne said:
Wii U is keeping on par with XBOne and 3DS outselling PS4 gives the vibe that the tides are turning. Although PS3 outselling both next gen consoles in Europe is still hilarious

Except Wii U and Xb one sales are both not that great, and PS4 and 3DS are not direct competitors. So 3DS selling more than PS4 doesn't really say much about either console's sales situation; except that both are selling far below the last gen leader at the same time in their cycles.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS4 below 100k again but its still doing good.
3DS is doing great. And Wii U had a better week and was so close to beating the X1.
X1 was similar to last week. Hopefully it doesn't fall below 60k this summer.

And yay, MK8 continues to sell well.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54