By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Chart - 05 July 2014

SjOne said:
binary solo said:
SjOne said:
Wii U is keeping on par with XBOne and 3DS outselling PS4 gives the vibe that the tides are turning. Although PS3 outselling both next gen consoles in Europe is still hilarious

Except Wii U and Xb one sales are both not that great, and PS4 and 3DS are not direct competitors. So 3DS selling more than PS4 doesn't really say much about either console's sales situation; except that both are selling far below the last gen leader at the same time in their cycles.

They're doing better than earlier this year that's a start. It's not 70k-80k baseline but its a start. But Sonys dominance in Europe on consoles is undisputed. 3DS isn't even selling as great as GBA did but its still impressive when you consider all the doom and gloom it had early on. And PS4 won't sell as FAST as Wii did but it'll sell LONGER than Wii did after initial 4 years

True, PS4 shouldn't fade as fast as Wii after 4 years, but the lead Wii will build up over the first 4 years will make it unasailable unless this gen lasts more than 6 years. But I think this gen will max at 6 years, and possibly only 5. I certainly don;t see Xb one lasting more than 5 years if it hasn't hit at least 40 million by the 5 year mark. And if Wii only just managed 6 years Wii U won't go past 5 without a mid-gen miracle. And if there is a PS5 it will not launch more than a year after the Xb TWO. So this gen is not looking like a long one.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Well... looks like XOne won't surpass Wii U in the near future. And to think there were people saying it would surpass Wii U easily in the middle or in the end of this year.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Npd numbers for june come soon no ?

And we have yet another week of strange numbers and high expectative for NPD corrections... funnier is the last week numbers taking a long time to release and then when this week numbers came in we had to adjust last week as usual.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm surprised nobody is talking about this (maybe people don't care enough) but what the heck is up with th european 3DS numbers and the adjustment? They must have adjusted the thing up by at least 200k in Europe and I don't see how that makes much sense.

I mean in 2014 the 3DS is down in the US, it's massively down in Japan but it's supposed to up in Europe (and not by a little if I might add)?

They just had to adjust the 3DS down by over a million a couple months ago and it's pretty obvious that vgchartz' european tracking is lacking the most, so I'll mark the adjustment and the european 3DS numbers as very doubtful for now.

Around the Network

wow 3ds destroyed ps4.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Mnementh said:
generic-user-1 said:
Raziel123 said:
KLXVER said:

The XB1 hasnt officially been released i my country, but it still has been available to buy in stores for many months now.

Same for mine, but that's not the same thing. Only a few select stores stock it and the pricing is never competitive due to importing. Plus, these countries are gonna get 2 free games at 399.99€ bundles

what importcosts in europe? we have no borders, and u can sell your product in every EU country if u are allowed to sell it in one...

Not every european country is in the EU. Russia for instance.

What the fuck did I just read?

maverick40 said:
Mnementh said:

Do you doubt Russia is in europe or that it isn't in the EU?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
maverick40 said:
Mnementh said:

Do you doubt Russia is in europe or that it isn't in the EU?

[Taking a popcorn, watching with an interest.]

maverick40 said:
Mnementh said:

Uhhh Russia is not a member of EU... So is Ukraine, etc.

EU = European Union

Currently playing

IOS - Knights of the Old Republic, Monster Hunter Freedom HD and Idolmaster Festa.

Steam-NovisNoah, Uplay-Limpanot, Origins-NovisNoah, PSN-NovisNoah, NNID-NovisNoah