By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Zelda better with Miyamoto or Aonuma?

Which one?

Shigeru Miyamoto 159 34.79%

Eiji Aonuma 164 35.89%

See Results 132 28.88%

Total:455
mZuzek said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I guess Miyamoto if Clyde32 is right and Miyamoto helped on the other major ones but if Aonuma's vision really is as big as it seems to be and he executes it to the best of his abilities, I think he might win with Zelda U but that is yet to be determined

I believe Miyamoto wasn't directly involved in development for the Aonuma ones.

Aonuma has already stated that he kept hiding The Wind Waker from Miyamoto because he wasn't sure about how he would react to it. This obviously means Miyamoto wasn't involved in development and was probably just a supervisor.

I'm not sure about the other ones, but I believe Miyamoto has retained this role in more recent games, and he seems to be less and less involved with each new installment.

Mhmm if thats the case, the Aonuma wins without a doubt

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Man, people are right when they say Nintendo fans only care about nostalgia, because most of the games they dislike (minus Other M, fuck that game) are really good , but they hate them because they're not exactly the same as the ones before.

do you really want to play the old games again? over and over and over?

mZuzek said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I guess Miyamoto if Clyde32 is right and Miyamoto helped on the other major ones but if Aonuma's vision really is as big as it seems to be and he executes it to the best of his abilities, I think he might win with Zelda U but that is yet to be determined

I believe Miyamoto wasn't directly involved in development for the Aonuma ones.

Aonuma has already stated that he kept hiding The Wind Waker from Miyamoto because he wasn't sure about how he would react to it. This obviously means Miyamoto wasn't involved in development and was probably just a supervisor.

I'm not sure about the other ones, but I believe Miyamoto has retained this role in more recent games, and he seems to be less and less involved with each new installment.

That was true with the story. Aonuma wanted a completely new story with wind waker, so he was secretive about it. Miyamoto was very attached to it. But remember, that is only wind waker. Twilight Princess, Miyamoto was also a big part of it. 

Aonuma actually left for a bit to overlook the minish cap along with keiji inafune. He also was working on Phantom Hourglass at the same time. 

PullusPardus said:
Man, people are right when they say Nintendo fans only care about nostalgia, because most of the games they dislike (minus Other M, fuck that game) are really good , but they hate them because they're not exactly the same as the ones before.

do you really want to play the old games again? over and over and over?

No, I don't. 

Which I why I prefer Mario Galaxy over Mario 64, Skyward Sword over Wind Waker/Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 8 over any prior Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 1 and 3 over Super Metroid, etc.

Zelda is best with Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man.

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:
Zelda is best with Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man.

He did pretty good with Minish Cap. But this is between Miyamoto.

The main difference between the two is the replay value of the games.

Considering Miyamoto not only INVENTED Zelda, he is also responsible for OOT so, anything but him is an insult to humanity.

prayformojo said:
Considering Miyamoto not only INVENTED Zelda, he is also responsible for OOT so, anything but him is an insult to humanity.

Amen. A-fricking-men thank you for speaking the truth out here.

Aonuma seems hell bent on making Zelda irrelevant. Wind Waker nearly killed the series, Twilight Princess revived it only for them to nearly destroy it with Skyward Sword again.

What the Wii U needs right now is a super killer app. A realistic Zelda could have been that. Instead, we get this weird cel shaded looking stuff which is "beautiful" - right. No one feels the hype for Zelda anymore... it's sad to say.