By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Zelda better with Miyamoto or Aonuma?

Which one?

Shigeru Miyamoto 159 34.79%

Eiji Aonuma 164 35.89%

See Results 132 28.88%

Total:455
Metallox said:
I prefer the old Miyamoto, not the current one. He would finish to destroy the franchise. I mean, come on, he created Wii Music and ruined Pikmin 3.

The hell is WRONG WITH YOU. Pikmin 3 was awesome. 

Around the Network

Eiji Aonuma for creating the masterpiece that is the Wind Waker!  Fuck the "gamers" who gave the game so much shit back in the day for being cel-shaded!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

aounuma beacuse he has more console power to do stuff........plus he learnt a lot from miyamoto.

both are awesome

Right now? Aonuma.

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword really showed me how important story can be. I don't trust Miyamoto to write a compelling story :/ When it comes to gameplay though, Miyamoto always delivers. Its difficult...

Let them both work on it? :)

Around the Network

I like all Zeldas :) So, maybe both!

Neither. Uwe Boll should direct Zelda

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

sc94597 said:
McDonaldsGuy said:
What the Wii U needs right now is a super killer app. A realistic Zelda could have been that. Instead, we get this weird cel shaded looking stuff which is "beautiful" - right. No one feels the hype for Zelda anymore... it's sad to say.

Speak for yourself.  We are getting a beautiful, open-world, action-adventure game with a revised dungeon and overworld system, and likely stellar combat (if the gameplay is anything like the in-game scene we watched.) Besides the less realistic art-style, it is everything Zelda fans have been asking for since before Twilight Princess. 

Remember the hype for Twilight Princess? Here is an example. That's what the Wii U needs, something where EVERYONE wants to play it.

Like Super Mario 3D World, this game will go out on a whimper. People want a realistic open world Zelda, not this...

This game is going to flop unfortunately. I have been right about everything else so far (Wii U flopping, Mario 3D World flopping, etc. etc.)

The same.

The direction of the series has changed a tiny bit, but it is still on the same high level as before.

The Aonuma hate (" LOL he was hired because he can make WOODEN DOLLS !!!1!1one!") is just dumb.

The only Legend of Zelda games i did not care for (besides the CD-i games) were Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Adventure of Link, so Aonuma made 2 games i didn't care for while Miyamoto made 1. Miyamoto however made Link's Awakening, Link To The Past and OoT which are all near the top of my list in the series so i would give him the edge over Aonuma but a few more games like Link Between Worlds from Aonuma and it will be a mucher harder decision to make which will be a good thing :D