By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Zelda better with Miyamoto or Aonuma?

Which one?

Shigeru Miyamoto 159 34.79%

Eiji Aonuma 164 35.89%

See Results 132 28.88%

Total:455
Metallox said:
I prefer the old Miyamoto, not the current one. He would finish to destroy the franchise. I mean, come on, he created Wii Music and ruined Pikmin 3.

How did he ruin Pikmin 3?

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:
What the Wii U needs right now is a super killer app. A realistic Zelda could have been that. Instead, we get this weird cel shaded looking stuff which is "beautiful" - right. No one feels the hype for Zelda anymore... it's sad to say.

Speak for yourself.  We are getting a beautiful, open-world, action-adventure game with a revised dungeon and overworld system, and likely stellar combat (if the gameplay is anything like the in-game scene we watched.) Besides the less realistic art-style, it is everything Zelda fans have been asking for since before Twilight Princess. 

Let Takashi Tezuka take over for a while.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Eiji Aonuma is much better in my opinion.

Aonuma hands down. There's no contest. I love Miyamoto, and he made a beautiful thing when he thought up Zelda, but if he had gotten his way, the series would be dead by now. Dead as the fallen hero in the branch of the timeline that all the Miyamoto games go on.

Around the Network

This is a bit tricky for me to answer. My favourite titles are both from the Aonuma era, but I actually think Miyamoto is a better director as far as design and vision are concerned. He is certainly the one responsible for making Zelda what it is today, so I hold him in higher regard. I still voted Aonuma though because of the aforementioned favorite titles and Zelda U seems to be going in the right direction.

Aonuma. The Wind Waker was fantastic (too much Tingle, but other than that, wonderful).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Both:)

what do you consider "making"? do you mean directing or just being involved? because Aonuma hasn't directed a Zelda title since TP, and i may be wrong but i don't think he's ever directed a handheld Zelda either. Miyamoto's last was OoT. (that was the last game he ever directed actually)

Miyamoto

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~