By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Miyamoto retire before he destroys his legacy?

Let's see what he does with Starfox U first, then we'll judge.

Around the Network

"Nintendo reveal an early prototype, and threads like this appear? The game doesn't even have a full developer yet, the format in which it will make it to market hasn't been decided yet, even things like art design and aesthetics aren't set on yet."

Quoting myself from another thread.

Everything Miyamoto displayed were very early prototypes that aren't normally publicly displayed. Wait until he's actually showing games based on these ideas before you decide it's time for him to retire.

He won't need to retire after the awesome Star Fox U comes out!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Someone is salty as fuck for Paper Mario. We all know that's the reason.
Don't shit on the games he showed at E3, those were early builds of the games.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Too early to call, but I definitely wasn't impressed by the two projects. We haven't seen enough Star Fox to judge the game though. Still think he's trying too hard to save the gamepad.

Around the Network

This is very exaggerated in my opinion. He said that he was going to show off 'projects'. He never claimed to come out with a new stellar half billion AAA Wii U saving concept.. I'm also pretty sure Starfox, which was barely shown off for that matter, will have alternative control methods, but whatever. Just why, why would he destroy his legacy with this? I don't get these threads at all.

curl-6 said:
amak11 said:
curl-6 said:

His failures will never outweigh his numerous resounding successes, but I think the real issue here is that he's hurting Nintendo by making games consumers don't want. He doesn't understand the mass market anymore, and he needs to make way for someone who does.

Games that consumers don't want? Star Fox not what people want... okay

They want an epic traditional Starfox, not an episodic Starfox-themed Nintendoland, which it what it will be according to interviews so far.

Really there is no traditional StarFox. Only the original game and 64 were alike, everything else has varied, from Command's strategic elements and more low-scale combat, to Adventure's ARPG elements, to Assault's EDF-esque open-battlefield qualities.

And KylieDog made the very good point that traditional StarFox wouldn't fly on the market today anyway. Not unless you made the game hella longer.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Smear-Gel said:
People don't seem to get that Project Giant Robot is trying to get you to simulate the actual robot fight using the Wii U gyroscope. It looks clunky because the robot fight looks clunky, because the robots are clunky.

I think it's rather novel.

It's similar to Steel Battallion in a way, whereas Steel Battallion went about "realism of control" by making a huge controller that was expensive as hell but was likely realistic to what it takes to pilot a Gundam, Giant Robot is more reminding us of the fact that walking is hard when you're not used to it.

A game which would seriously benefit from the balance board, i think. Obviously needs interface fine-tuning though.

Asriel said:
"Nintendo reveal an early prototype, and threads like this appear? The game doesn't even have a full developer yet, the format in which it will make it to market hasn't been decided yet, even things like art design and aesthetics aren't set on yet."

Quoting myself from another thread.

Everything Miyamoto displayed were very early prototypes that aren't normally publicly displayed. Wait until he's actually showing games based on these ideas before you decide it's time for him to retire.

And now we have an idea of why they aren't often displayed.

Steel Diver is his first next gen attempt at a StarFox game, and that teasing in releasing StarFox's Blue Marine in Sub Wars isn't right...

I wanna play with my pro controller with enemies everywhere and nice dialogues between the team/foes , and I want online modeS, yeah several modes, co-op challenges, with every player controlling one of the StarFox member(hoping the one playing Slippy doesn't fuck up ), a StarFox vs StarWolf mode, 4 vs 4 pvp, and an Assault-like mode.