By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Miyamoto retire before he destroys his legacy?

spemanig said:
I never thought I'd ever want Nintendo to not release a Star Fox game. Give it to someone else. Seriously. God please. Anyone else. He's going to kill the franchise. He's going to release a game that no one will buy, it won't sell, and they'll kill it off because they'll think it isn't financially viable.

No, Miyamoto. It's because no one what's your shit idea of a Star Fox game. Or the other two games. Nintendo should be embarrassed that they even showed that stuff off. The reaction to those games where not positive. I seriously hope they don't think its because it's "in alpha." They're literally shoehorning the gamepad in.

It was perfect. Just a map. All we needed was a map. The map was literally perfect in Wind Waker. A map would be perfect for the gamepad. A rear view mirror would have been perfect. Item switching. Anything else. Gyro aiming for co-op only? Fine. That's awesome. For single player? It's called a second analog stick.

Freaking this!

I can just see it now; the game sells bugger all cos nobody wanted a Starfox Nintendoland, Miyamoto and Nintendo put it down to "gamers don't want Starfox" and the series is discontinued forever.

It breaks my heart because it's a great series, and it baffles me cos if some forum-going twat like me can figure out what the audience does and doesn't want, why can't experienced industry professionals?

Around the Network

Let's put the pitchforks away and wait till we get a proper Star Fox reveal.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

amak11 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
amak11 said:
Jesus christ...
because he showed 3 games in pre-alpha stages? A LOT can happen between now and then. Christ almighty save this thread.

Go back and rewatch that embarassment known as Giant Robot and tell me that's something you would expect from the creator of Ocarina of Time.

Hell no, just because one damn game in it's alpha stage? I think you need to go to school for game design because I bet you sure as hell can't come up with a non-borrowed unique idea. 

That's the thing. Who says you need to always be coming up unique gameplay mechanic!? More often than not it's going to flop, this being an example.

Just take a look at the game. It looks about as responsive as a kinect game. They were literally stumbling on stage trying to get the input to register lol

U can't always have a winning idea. Only by taking risks can you truly succeed. I'd rather have someone with inspiration and willing to take risks, than someone with no vision at all.

Mystro-Sama said:

That's the thing. Who says you need to always be coming up unique gameplay mechanic!? More often than not it's going to flop, this being an example.

Just take a look at the game. It looks about as responsive as a kinect game. They were literally stumbling on stage trying to get the input to register lol

It was painful watching them try to demo Project Giant Robot on Treehouse. I was just shaking my head in embarrassment as they struggled to pull off the most basic actions, fighting the controls more than the enemies in the game.

Only real downside of an otherwise amazing E3 showing.

Around the Network

I couldn't watch the whole robot thing because, ...well it looked rubbish.

But, he could produce bad games for the next 30 years, and still you can't erase his part in video games history. He has earned the right to produce garbage. Now, the problem is more with Nintendo, they probably think twice before giving the spotlight to that kind of things.

I thought the robot game looked like a lot of fun. Wii music got a lot of peoples hate but at least it was trying to be something very different, and I know at least one die hard Wii Music fan. I think his legacy is secure now and he can make the games he wants. I also feel confident with his involvement in starfox.

The crummy tech demos themselves weren't the problem. It was the fact that he's been talking about working on new IP's for five years now and this is what he finally shows us. I think I have to agree, he's just not doing it anymore. I think he should stay on as a producer and director on a lot of projects, but needs to have less control of things and less room to just screw around and not get anything done. Though time management issues go way beyond just Shiggy, that's for sure. The whole company needs restructuring.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

DerpSandwich said:
Though time management issues go way beyond just Shiggy, that's for sure. The whole company needs restructuring.

You're not wrong.

The absurd amount of time it takes them to make games, resulting in rampant delays and game droughts, is now the biggest thorn in Wii U's side.

For instance, there's no way Yoshis' Woolly World shouldn't be ready this year.

curl-6 said:
DerpSandwich said:
Though time management issues go way beyond just Shiggy, that's for sure. The whole company needs restructuring.

You're not wrong.

The absurd amount of time it takes them to make games, resulting in rampant delays and game droughts, is now the biggest thorn in Wii U's side.

For instance, there's no way Yoshis' Woolly World shouldn't be ready this year.

They're polishing stuff that doesn't need polishing, not to mention they were late to the HD party...