By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Miyamoto retire before he destroys his legacy?

Yeah, they should do like EA and release their games 3 months before theyre finished. Patches FTW!..........

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
spemanig said:
I never thought I'd ever want Nintendo to not release a Star Fox game. Give it to someone else. Seriously. God please. Anyone else. He's going to kill the franchise. He's going to release a game that no one will buy, it won't sell, and they'll kill it off because they'll think it isn't financially viable.

No, Miyamoto. It's because no one what's your shit idea of a Star Fox game. Or the other two games. Nintendo should be embarrassed that they even showed that stuff off. The reaction to those games where not positive. I seriously hope they don't think its because it's "in alpha." They're literally shoehorning the gamepad in.

It was perfect. Just a map. All we needed was a map. The map was literally perfect in Wind Waker. A map would be perfect for the gamepad. A rear view mirror would have been perfect. Item switching. Anything else. Gyro aiming for co-op only? Fine. That's awesome. For single player? It's called a second analog stick.

Freaking this!

I can just see it now; the game sells bugger all cos nobody wanted a Starfox Nintendoland, Miyamoto and Nintendo put it down to "gamers don't want Starfox" and the series is discontinued forever.

It breaks my heart because it's a great series, and it baffles me cos if some forum-going twat like me can figure out what the audience does and doesn't want, why can't experienced industry professionals?

Why does every gamer in a web forum think they speak for all gamers? I loved starfox but I also loved kid icarus: Uprising. I know how great on rail shooters can be when you can control the weapon and ship inderpendntly. If mayamoto has found a cool wway of doing this with the gamepad that's great in my book. I certainly wouldn't dissmiss it without giving it a go.

People don't seem to get that Project Giant Robot is trying to get you to simulate the actual robot fight using the Wii U gyroscope. It looks clunky because the robot fight looks clunky, because the robots are clunky.

I think it's rather novel.

KLXVER said:
Yeah, they should do like EA and release their games 3 months before theyre finished. Patches FTW!..........

At this point, they'd be better off doing just that then leaving 3-4 months between major releases.

Never said:

Why does every gamer in a web forum think they speak for all gamers? I loved starfox but I also loved kid icarus: Uprising. I know how great on rail shooters can be when you can control the weapon and ship inderpendntly. If mayamoto has found a cool wway of doing this with the gamepad that's great in my book. I certainly wouldn't dissmiss it without giving it a go.

I'm confident that most gamers would prefer a traditional Starfox over the Gamepad gyro shenanigans described by Miyamoto.

Motion controls can be great if done right, but this doesn't sound "done right".

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

At this point, they'd be better off doing just that then leaving 3-4 months between major releases.

Greatness awaits...

KLXVER said:

Greatness awaits...

Still waiting...

curl-6 said:
Never said:

I'm confident that most gamers would prefer a traditional Starfox over the Gamepad gyro shenanigans described by Miyamoto.

Motion controls can be great if done right, but this doesn't sound "done right".

Really? Because it sounds to me like it would still control a lot like a tradional starfox game moving the ship around and presumably the weapon shooting a head of you but you could do acurate and interesting aiming with the gyro and gamepad screen on the fly.

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Greatness awaits...

Still waiting...

Well its not like the PS4 and XB1 are pumping out the greats either though...

Never said:

Really? Because it sounds to me like it would still control a lot like a tradional starfox game moving the ship around and presumably the weapon shooting a head of you but you could do acurate and interesting aiming with the gyro and gamepad screen on the fly.

Aiming with the gyro and looking at two screens at once sounds awkward as fuck.

If it was Wiimote and Nunchuk I'd be all for it, but the Gamepad has no pointer.