By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played "The Order 1886"

AndrewWK said:
kitler53 said:

next ratchet and clank!

OT - i played a ton af third person shooters last gen.  as odd as it is to have to say this,... a game being made in the genre i enjoy isn't a negative to me.    i want to play this,.. and uncharted 4,.. and the next tomb raider,.. and i won't bash the next gears. 

the order has a fantastic vibe to it and if the story is half as good as RaD says it is i'm going to enjoy this very, very much.  besides, everyone comments on the unique gunplay.  it might not be the biggest "innovation" but it looks fresh to me. 

I didn´t hate on it. I said it plays good but not mindblowing, but I only played against human enemies I am really excited to fight the monsters and am looking foward to it. 

It's other people taking it out of context and not you personally. People don't know the difference between good gameplay and average/bad. 

Around the Network

A termite gun? Haha that would be awesome!

AndrewWK said:
Aerys said:
Did you all hate alan wake ? IT's weird everyone spit on this one whereas it's the same purpose

Its nothing like Alan Wake. Have you even played Alan Wake? Its more like Binary Domain or Max Payne 3

Yes i have, and i remembe people were complaining for the same reasons  " poor repetitive gameplay only used to support a  good direction/  atmosphere/story with good visuals"

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
AndrewWK said:
Aerys said:
Did you all hate alan wake ? IT's weird everyone spit on this one whereas it's the same purpose

Its nothing like Alan Wake. Have you even played Alan Wake? Its more like Binary Domain or Max Payne 3

Yes i have, and i remembe people were complaining for the same reasons  " poor repetitive gameplay only used to support a  good direction/  atmosphere/story with good visuals"

Alan Wake really really repetitive and had bad combat alot of bad combat. I can´t say how repititive The Order 1886 will because I have only played it for 10 Minutes. 

badgenome said:
Took me a second to realize that termite = thermite.

I want a termite gun!

I think you might find one of those in Sunset Overdrive...or better still, hopefully in Ratchet's first original outing on PS4, if he ever gets one.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
badgenome said:
Took me a second to realize that termite = thermite.

I want a termite gun!

I think you might find one of those in Sunset Overdrive...or better still, hopefully in Ratchet's first original outing on PS4, if he ever gets one.

I seriously doubt there will be a Ratchet game on the PS4, maybe into the nexus remaster.

Aerys said:

i won't lie i didn't careful for Alan Wake when it was first being shown but my Brother did buy the game release day and i ended up playing it and really enjoying it but that was mainly cause i thought the combat was a lot of fun and innovative when it came to taking out enemies but with order so far it looks like a standard third person shooter that wants to be a movie

AndrewWK said:
Aerys said:
AndrewWK said:
Aerys said:

Alan Wake really really repetitive and had bad combat alot of bad combat. I can´t say how repititive The Order 1886 will because I have only played it for 10 Minutes. 

Yeah i dont mean it will be repetitive  ( knowing all the stuff about the different mood and weapong, i woudl be surprised if it was), it's too bad they didnt show more, like the city area full of light and life. The marketing around the game is not good, the trailer wast just a mix of the chapter we saw hundred times, a trailer should show a mix of differente scenes in the game, not only one chapter. But i guess that is make on purpose, they dont want to spoil something

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

AndrewWK said:
UltimateUnknown said:
I feel like one of the biggest hurdles this game will face is its lack of content. I can imagine the game will be 10-12 hours long, but with such average and linear gameplay, replay value will be very low. People are likely to just trade the game in as soon as they complete it.

This game really needed some kind of MP mode to keep people invested and coming back.

The Last of Us was about 12hours long and it did pretty fucking well. Maybe you don´t believe but there are people out there who are looking for 6-10 hour games. I am one of those people. I have basically two jobs and don´t have the time to play a game for 100 hours. I am playing Persona 4 golden for over 2 months now and I don´t know when I am ever going to finish it. And I love that game. So if can choose between a 6 hour game and 120 hour I will allways go for the six hour game, and there are plenty of people like me out there.

In fact with the average age of gamers increasing all the time that might be a significant trend in games. People preferring a biut of linearity as a trade off for tight narrative for a satisfying experience in under 15 hours.

Linearity is only shit if it's done badly. Indeed it appears linearity appears to earn games high metascroes and GOTYs. After all two games that broke GOTY records last gen were the essence of lineariy: Uncharted 2 and TLOU. So linear done well --> gaming excellence. It's actually getting really tiresome seeing games being heavily criticised just for linearity. It's a legitimate style for video games, and it's a style enjoyed by millions as sales and praise for many of last gen's games can attest.

By all means people can voice their preference and say they don't like linear games so they have no interest in The Order, but don't criticise linearity as if it has no place in video games.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ready at Dawn is unproven. They've only taken other people's material and ran with it. If it aint broke, don't fix it mentality (hence why Daxter, Ghosts of Sparta, etc are still decent games since there was already a template in place for them). We shouldn't be getting hyped for an original game whose development team we technically know nothing about. It'd be like getting hyped for a new IP Sony Bend game.