By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played "The Order 1886"

i am not wait on the reviewers for this one mainly cause the gameplay doesn't look that good just a standard third person shooter and some of the things the creative director said about this game is kinda turning me from playing it and just watch a lets play on youtube instead

Around the Network

I can't wait till the next Gears releases so I can call that another 3rd person game with mediocre gameplay..

Raziel123 said:
iceboy151 said:
I don't get the big deal about the gameplay. The Last of Us didn't do anything unique, but was still a great game. I'm more worried about the performance than anything else.

TLOU is actually a fine example because if, for instance, they had created a demo of 

the scene where Joel is carried, after getting wounded, by Ellie out of the university in a very scripted, interrupted and linear fashion

then a similar impression would have been formed, even though it wasn't a good representation of how the game was

I'm sorry, was there suppose to be a point to this? I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

AndrewWK said:
VanceIX said:
AndrewWK said:
VanceIX said:
So pretty much what everyone's been saying- great visuals but mediocre/average gameplay.

I wouldn´t say its mediocre. I would say the shooting feels actually quite good, and its hard to say from ten Minutes od Gameplay how much variety it will offer.

Fair enough. I just hope they don't put to much emphasis on quick time events, and there isn't too much cinematic gameplay like what they showed in the trailer (he shot the werewolf thing and it did nothing, because the entire fight was scripted from the start)

There are people who really like cinematic gameplay. I mean I really like it, so I wouldn´t mind that.

Can't fault you for liking a certain playing style. People just seem to be shying away from linear/scripted gameplay in general (other than extreme cases like TLOU), and I personally find it a little boring. Ah well, to each his own though. It's good that there are games for everyone.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

i like the TPS genre myself, good to see a so called flashy one is on its way

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Around the Network

Sounds exactly like what we've been hearing out of previews. They'll have to really step it up to get me interested in it again.

I feel like one of the biggest hurdles this game will face is its lack of content. I can imagine the game will be 10-12 hours long, but with such average and linear gameplay, replay value will be very low. People are likely to just trade the game in as soon as they complete it.

This game really needed some kind of MP mode to keep people invested and coming back.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Sounds exactly like what we've been hearing out of previews. They'll have to really step it up to get me interested in it again.

it cant be

according to this guy

VanceIX said:

So pretty much what everyone's been saying- great visuals but mediocre/average gameplay.

you are wrong

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

UltimateUnknown said:
I feel like one of the biggest hurdles this game will face is its lack of content. I can imagine the game will be 10-12 hours long, but with such average and linear gameplay, replay value will be very low. People are likely to just trade the game in as soon as they complete it.

This game really needed some kind of MP mode to keep people invested and coming back.

The Last of Us was about 12hours long and it did pretty fucking well. Maybe you don´t believe but there are people out there who are looking for 6-10 hour games. I am one of those people. I have basically two jobs and don´t have the time to play a game for 100 hours. I am playing Persona 4 golden for over 2 months now and I don´t know when I am ever going to finish it. And I love that game. So if can choose between a 6 hour game and 120 hour I will allways go for the six hour game, and there are plenty of people like me out there.

badgenome said:
Took me a second to realize that termite = thermite.

I want a termite gun!

next ratchet and clank!

OT - i played a ton af third person shooters last gen.  as odd as it is to have to say this,... a game being made in the genre i enjoy isn't a negative to me.    i want to play this,.. and uncharted 4,.. and the next tomb raider,.. and i won't bash the next gears. 

the order has a fantastic vibe to it and if the story is half as good as RaD says it is i'm going to enjoy this very, very much.  besides, everyone comments on the unique gunplay.  it might not be the biggest "innovation" but it looks fresh to me.