By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played "The Order 1886"

AndrewWK said:
VanceIX said:
So pretty much what everyone's been saying- great visuals but mediocre/average gameplay.

I wouldn´t say its mediocre. I would say the shooting feels actually quite good, and its hard to say from ten Minutes od Gameplay how much variety it will offer.

Fair enough. I just hope they don't put to much emphasis on quick time events, and there isn't too much cinematic gameplay like what they showed in the trailer (he shot the werewolf thing and it did nothing, because the entire fight was scripted from the start)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I don't get the big deal about the gameplay. The Last of Us didn't do anything unique, but was still a great game. I'm more worried about the performance than anything else.

I've said many times that OK gameplay (or should I say gunplay) is enough for me if the story and characters can hold my interest. So I am glad to read that voice acting is of good quality.

Visuals aren't a huge deal. I do like a great looking game, but the importance of the visuals is to create atmosphere in the game, so as long as the visuals achieve this I am happy...oh and bragging rights of course

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

VanceIX said:
So pretty much what everyone's been saying- great visuals but mediocre/average gameplay.

Same flaws and quality than alan wake, that seems very good to me.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

iceboy151 said:
I don't get the big deal about the gameplay. The Last of Us didn't do anything unique, but was still a great game. I'm more worried about the performance than anything else.

TLOU is actually a fine example because if, for instance, they had created a demo of 

the scene where Joel is carried, after getting wounded, by Ellie out of the university in a very scripted, interrupted and linear fashion

then a similar impression would have been formed, even though it wasn't a good representation of how the game was

I don't know if people have noticed that we haven't gotten a "montage" for this game. It's always continous footage...which has advantages and disadvantages. The latter being, it does not convey variety or information about what we're not seeing 

Around the Network

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

so... basic gameplay = mediocre/average gameplay?
cmon people

VanceIX said:
AndrewWK said:
VanceIX said:

I wouldn´t say its mediocre. I would say the shooting feels actually quite good, and its hard to say from ten Minutes od Gameplay how much variety it will offer.

Fair enough. I just hope they don't put to much emphasis on quick time events, and there isn't too much cinematic gameplay like what they showed in the trailer (he shot the werewolf thing and it did nothing, because the entire fight was scripted from the start)

There are people who really like cinematic gameplay. I mean I really like it, so I wouldn´t mind that.

Raziel123 said:
iceboy151 said:

TLOU is actually a fine example because if, for instance, they had created a demo of 

the scene where Joel is carried, after getting wounded, by Ellie out of the university in a very scripted, interrupted and linear fashion

then a similar impression would have been formed, even though it wasn't a good representation of how the game was

Imo, Last of Us wasn't even that great. Amazing story and solid gameplay, but the linearity of it and the very tightly controlled gameplay made it a deal-breaker for me, at least.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Took me a second to realize that termite = thermite.

I want a termite gun!