By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played "The Order 1886"

Conegamer said:
Yup sounds like what I've seen/heard. You'll be blown away graphically, but you'll find nothing major in the gameplay side of things.

Which is fine I suppose, but with all the other games coming not sure if "being pretty" is enough for me. Will have to see more.

see to me it's a really cool setting and story.  We'll have plenty of gameplay focused games like Bloodborne and Witcher 3 around the same time, but I can see myself going back (after beating it on the hard difficulty) and enjoying the story of this game every once in a while like I do with Uncharted, LoU, Heavy Rain, Beyond, and several others in my library.  Sometimes you just wanna relax and enjoy a great 10 hour journey once you've beaten the greatest challenge in a game.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Did you all hate alan wake ? IT's weird everyone spit on this one whereas it's the same purpose

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

The game really doesn't appeal to me, but I feel like I've been to harsh and quick to judge it, so I'll stop criticizing it till we learn more about it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

AndrewWK said:
UltimateUnknown said:
I feel like one of the biggest hurdles this game will face is its lack of content. I can imagine the game will be 10-12 hours long, but with such average and linear gameplay, replay value will be very low. People are likely to just trade the game in as soon as they complete it.

This game really needed some kind of MP mode to keep people invested and coming back.

The Last of Us was about 12hours long and it did pretty fucking well. Maybe you don´t believe but there are people out there who are looking for 6-10 hour games. I am one of those people. I have basically two jobs and don´t have the time to play a game for 100 hours. I am playing Persona 4 golden for over 2 months now and I don´t know when I am ever going to finish it. And I love that game. So if can choose between a 6 hour game and 120 hour I will allways go for the six hour game, and there are plenty of people like me out there.

I don't doubt that there is a market for 6-10 hour games. There is, otherwise most modern FPS/TPS games and such wouldn't have 5-6 hour campaigns.

The main issue I see with that is as soon as people finish the 10 hour game, they're just going to trade it in since there's not much else to enjoy about it, effectively killing the newer game sales. Just as you said, since P4G has so much content and replay value due to the Persona collecting aspect of it (I myself had a blast finishing it), you still have the game even after 2 months have passed and probably will still keep it for months to come.

A game that has a lot of replay value is just inherently better. In the case of the order, I'm not expecting it to be 60+ hours long like P4G since it doesn't fit the game, but these types of games generally have a MP mode as is the case for the Last of Us, which is a fun distraction and keeps people coming back. And most people enjoy a nice little shootout in MP anyway even if its not completely groundbreaking. Then again, I don't see the order being that ground breaking in its single player offering, which is the bigger issue here. BTW I'm not saying that FPS/TPS NEED to have MP modes, but I'm saying that games need to have some form of replay value, whether that be through amazing gameplay/story or just a lot of good content.

To ask question about the game, is there a cut scene every minute or it that trend only in the released "gameplay" footage?

I do not want to sound pretentious but from the footage I have seen, the Order seams to be as scripted as a product of David Cage.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

Around the Network

Good to hear that presentation is excellent. I've got faith in Ready at Dawn and I'm sure this game will be a good time .

4 ≈ One

Game looks great to me. But i actually like 3rd person shooters unlike some people apparently. By that logic you can call any other genre average gameplay even with innovative gameplay attached to it like awesome weapons. It is getting a lot of awards at E3 though. Guess other people like 3rd person shooters too.

SR388 said:
To ask question about the game, is there a cut scene every minute or it that trend only in the released "gameplay" footage?

I do not want to sound pretentious but from the footage I have seen, the Order seams to be as scripted as a product of David Cage.

Of course the game is not all like that REady at dawn has said so, there are small sections that are cinematic for story telling ala hundreds of other games...People are jumping on the hate bandwagon with this like they did watch dogs, destiny.................

kitler53 said:

next ratchet and clank!

OT - i played a ton af third person shooters last gen.  as odd as it is to have to say this,... a game being made in the genre i enjoy isn't a negative to me.    i want to play this,.. and uncharted 4,.. and the next tomb raider,.. and i won't bash the next gears. 

the order has a fantastic vibe to it and if the story is half as good as RaD says it is i'm going to enjoy this very, very much.  besides, everyone comments on the unique gunplay.  it might not be the biggest "innovation" but it looks fresh to me. 

I didn´t hate on it. I said it plays good but not mindblowing, but I only played against human enemies I am really excited to fight the monsters and am looking foward to it. 

Aerys said:
Did you all hate alan wake ? IT's weird everyone spit on this one whereas it's the same purpose

Its nothing like Alan Wake. Have you even played Alan Wake? Its more like Binary Domain or Max Payne 3