By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played "The Order 1886"

First things first, this game looks stunning, maybe the best looking game on the showfloor definitely the best looking game I got to play myself. The Effects enviroments Character models Animations, all of those things looked top notch. I can tell you the game looks better running then the inital Trailer. 

That being said, the gameplay was very familiar. Its another thrid person shooter, but with a really cool setting and a very cool Thermite gun. The way this gun works, is you basically fire thermite at your opponents and incinerate it with the secondary fire and if there is fire in the enviroment you can shoot at it and the bullets turn into explosive projectiles. Thats really neat and I hope they have many other creative guns like that, because the gameplay was fairly basic cover shooting. Which is not to say it can´t be good. I did like what I played, the shooting felt good, the voice acting and the acting in generell was top notch. Unfortunately I just got to fight humans and no werewolfes or other creatures. I thought the Demo itslef was allright but nothing spectaucular, altough I do wanna play more of it.

Around the Network

So pretty much what everyone's been saying- great visuals but mediocre/average gameplay.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I really hope this game succeeds well enough to warrant further big budget titles from Ready At Dawn.

Yup sounds like what I've seen/heard. You'll be blown away graphically, but you'll find nothing major in the gameplay side of things.

Which is fine I suppose, but with all the other games coming not sure if "being pretty" is enough for me. Will have to see more.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

VanceIX said:
So pretty much what everyone's been saying- great visuals but mediocre/average gameplay.

who said that??

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
FATALITY said:
VanceIX said:

who said that??

Pretty much everyone who played it.

I guess we'll have to see if it has to offer more than just pretty graphics.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

5 minutes of what could be a 5, 10, 15 or even 20 hour game is not grounds to say the gameplay is average
There's a lot to see and it's many months away from release

If Demon souls and Dark souls hadn't existed, people would probably be saying Bloodborne looks terrible.

RealGamingExpert said:
FATALITY said:
VanceIX said:

who said that??

Pretty much everyone who played it.

I guess we'll have to see if it has to offer more than just pretty graphics.

source

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

VanceIX said:

I wouldn´t say its mediocre. I would say the shooting feels actually quite good, and its hard to say from ten Minutes od Gameplay how much variety it will offer.

Raziel123 said:

5 minutes of what could be a 5, 10, 15 or even 20 hour game is not grounds to say the gameplay is average
There's a lot to see and it's many months away from release

If Demon souls and Dark souls hadn't existed, people would probably be saying Bloodborne looks terrible.

Exactly

btw I have seen behind closed doors gameplay of that game as well