By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so many Wii U doom threads when Vita is in worse condition

More doomed

Wii U 133 25.14%

PS Vita 395 74.67%

Total:528
DarkRPGamer007 said:

What is up with this? Deny it all you want, the Wii U is in better shape than the Vita. Check the sales, Wii U outsold it last year despite having little to no games, and even though it is currently being outpaced by the Vita it should pass it up soon due to the fact it has at least a little hope. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda U, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, X, Retro's new IP, and whatever else Nintendo has brewing up should help Wii U pass the Vita soon. I wouldn't be suprised if it did before the end of this year.

grief cycle

/thread

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Because Wii U is a home console and they usually do better than handhelds.

Really? DS vs. Wii, PSP vs. PS3. Are you sure?

But PS3 is currently ahead of PSP...

Maybe I should have worded it better, how about the home console market is larger than the handheld market?

As a normal person I say PSP and PS3 are about the same. And yes, the console market is bigger. But that is counteres by the fact, that fewer companies engage in this market. So afterall the numbers for single systems are comparable, as can be easily seen here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

From the first 10 entries, 4 are handhelds.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

small44 said:
Vita get doom thread even before it released not like wii u

Where do you live? WiiU also got a lot of doom-threads before the release as the Vita. Both also got unjustified and justified praise.

I would say both had their fair share of doom.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

teigaga said:

Hmmm....
1. People had low expectations for Vita since 2012.
2. NO 1 Currr
3. Vita had all its doom threads in 2012, you must have been sleeping.
4. To a lot of people Vita is already dead.
5. Vita has been outselling the Wii U in 2014 up until now
6. Japan will single handedly keep the Vita alive. The next 2 months should be interesting
7. No 1 Currr

Its like asking why are there no doom threads for Vita TV or Ouya

Ouya is hugely undertracked! ioi, Pachter and the Illuminati don't want to let us know it's currently crushing even PS4!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

May be perception, but does not seem that crazy to see a world where Sony just make consoles (like PS1, and part of PS2 days). Mean while Nintendo not making a console would be industry shattering given their history.

Around the Network

I don't think many people oppose the two, the Wii U is not in a good position right now... and obviously the Vita is in a worse position...

Current consoles "positions"

PS4: Great, plenty of content being released all the time, plenty of system selling all the time... get good bumps when big titles get their release (even multi-plat form titles like Watch_dog)

Wii U: Not so great, may be discontinued early or a follow up console may come sooner than expected if sales don't pick up next holiday with the possible release of a new Zelda game

XB1: Selling OK, not nearly enough (MS stated they expected to ship 1 Billion of those... not sure to who yet) I think it will have a similar success to the OG xbox/Game Cube...even the Titanfall hype train did not give this machine that much of a sales bump, so my guess is the buzz around it is pretty weak.

PS3/xb360: sales are falling, 360's sales are falling even more sharply, I think MS will abandon the 360 before Sony abandon the PS3.

3DS: Are Nintendo satisfied, do they see a future in hand-held gaming? it's selling at about half the rate of the 2DS... Still it has a solid library

Vita: Sony said they were disapointed in the performance of the device, despite it being arguably, the "better" hand-held it has a good library as well, but tittle interest from many gamers... I expect it to be discontinued before the end of 2015

Really just depends on what you call worse. lacking 3rd party support or 1st party.

Why so many Wii U d00med threads when the Xbox One isn't doing a great deal better..?

I guess the media in particular like to bash Nintendo because they're pissed off that they were all wrong about the Wii and the 3DS.

The Xbox One is overtracked on here imo, you're looking at all installed userbase of 4.2m at best. It's only a matter of time before the PS4 has twice the installed userbase of the One. I'd say there are A LOT of concerned publishers out there at the moment.

The One has just been doing 'okay' in the States and has been an outright flop in Europe. This year's E3 is going to be the most important one for Microsoft in their history imo. If they don't end up shifting units they may find third party support dropping during these next couple of years, either that or they'll add the Wii U as a fourth SKU to spread the cost of development.

When PS4 SKUs end up selling twice as much as Xbox One SKUs things could get VERY interesting.

The big problem that Microsoft have is that they don't have anywhere near the stable of system selling IPs compared to Sony and Nintendo.

Mnementh said:
small44 said:
Vita get doom thread even before it released not like wii u

Where do you live? WiiU also got a lot of doom-threads before the release as the Vita. Both also got unjustified and justified praise.

I would say both had their fair share of doom.

I don't remember sorry if what i say is false

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

How is that a defense of the wiiu?
Or you could just look at my link below to see vita doom since the beginning.

At least wiiU is going to have a good year. Poor vita is still in the cold.